Here is this week’s list of family-friendly free or frugal events for around the Northwest, as well as some events going on around the country. Be sure to check your local parks and recs website too for many local free concerts, family events, movie nights, pool days and more in your city!
Make sure to check out more ideas for summer fun around the Northwest:
- Summer Fairs & Festivals for 2014 around the Northwest
- Staycation Ideas for Seattle
- Summer Fun on A Budget
- Discount Circus Tickets for upcoming shows in September!
- Discount tickets to A Chorus Line (these are not under $10 but still great discounts if you’re looking for a play to go to at the 5th Avenue)
- Portland Aquarium - $5/ticket (50% off)
Greater Puget Sound Fairs & Festivals:
- Evergreen State Fair - August 21st – August 31st; Monroe – $5 – $8/admission (kids 5 & under free) There are LOTS of promotional days where you can save big on admission. Details here.
- Mukilteo Arts Festival – Friday 8/29 from 10am – 7pm; Rosehill Center
- Bumbershoot – Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival - August 3oth – September 1st; Seattle Center. This is Seattle’s popular music & arts festival over Labor Day weekend, which features the best in music, film, comedy, dance, theater, visual arts & more. They also have a “Youngershoot” Festival for kids, which is put on by the Children’s Museum of Seattle with indoor & outdoor activities for kids ages 10 & under
- Olympia Harbor Days - August 29th – 31st; Olympia
- Bremerton Blackberry Festival – August 30th – September 1st
If you see a fun, frugal event that’s not listed, feel free to leave a comment so we can add that event to our list.
PUGET SOUND AREA::
*Get out of the Rut Weekend at Northwest Trek – Free with admission ; Special crafts, Elk Olympics games & more.
*Summer Bash Free Movie Night - “Frozen” – Stewart Heights Park in Tacoma; Free admission; Live music, movie, inflatables & more. Starts at 5pm; movie starts at dusk.
*Out to Lunch Summer Concerts - Various venues around Seattle – Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays ; 12 – 1:30pm ; Check website for schedule of performers
*Concerts at the Mural – Seattle Center – Mural Amphitheater, Free concerts at 5:30 pm Fridays in August
*Backyard Bard: Shakespeare Plays– Seattle; Through August; 7:00pm; An outdoor, all-ages, four-actor, 45-minute production. FREE, donations accepted. This week, it’s Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings at different locations.
*Shakespeare in the Park – various Puget Sound locations; See Shakespeare performances in an all-ages, outdoor format. Bring blankets or low chairs. FREE, donations accepted. Various days and locations through August 16th. See website for time and place details.