Dash Point Park in Federal Way, WA
Free Washington State Park Days in 2020
Update: There are 3 free Washington State park days in June 2020 – Saturday June 6th & Sunday June 7th & Saturday June 13th, 2020!
There are a number of fee-free days this year in 2020 at Washington State Parks to take advantage of and it’s a great chance to explore new parks. On regular days, you would pay $10 to get in to a state park for the day or $30 for a yearly pass. (By the way, these make excellent gifts – my husband got a Discover Pass yearly pass for a Christmas gift last year & we used it a number of times and loved that as an awesome experience gift).
Fee-Free Days at Washington State Parks in 2020:
- Jan. 1 — First Day Hikes; New Year’s Day
- Jan. 20 — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- March 19 — State Park’s 107th birthday
- April 11— Spring day
- April 22 — Earth Day
- June 6 — National Trails Day (State Parks and Fish & Wildlife free day)
- June 7 — Fishing Day (State Parks and Fish & Wildlife free day)
- June 13 — National Get Outdoors Day
- Aug. 25 — National Park Service 104th Birthday
- Sept. 26 — National Public Lands Day
- Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
- Nov. 27 — Autumn day
- Free days apply only to day use (not overnight stays or rented facilities)
- A Discover Pass will still be required on these days to access lands managed by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Make sure to check out the FREE National Park days too, as they will often overlap!
You might also be interested in: