Dash Point Park in Federal Way, WA
Free Washington State Park Days in 2022
There are a number of fee-free days this year in 2022 at Washington State Parks to take advantage of and it’s a great chance to explore new parks. On regular days, you would pay $10 to get in to a state park for the day or $30 for a yearly pass. (By the way, these make excellent gifts – my husband got a Discover Pass yearly pass for a Christmas gift last year & we used it a number of times and loved that as an awesome experience gift).
Fee-Free Days at Washington State Parks in 2022:
- Jan. 1 — First Day Hikes; New Year’s Day
- Jan. 17 — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- March 9 — Billy Frank Junior’s Birthday
- March 19 — State Parks’ 108th Birthday
- April 22 — Earth Day
- June 11 — National Get Outdoors Day
- June 12 — Free Fishing Day
- June 19 — Juneteenth
- Sept. 25 — National Public Lands Day
- Oct. 10 — World Mental Health Day
- Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
- Nov. 25 — Native American Heritage Day
- Free days apply only to day use (not overnight stays or rented facilities)
- A Discover Pass will still be required on these days to access lands managed by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife.
Make sure to check out the FREE National Park days too, as they will often overlap!
You might also be interested in: