Here is this week’s list of family-friendly free or frugal events for around the Northwest, as well as some events going on around the country. Be sure to check your local parks and recs website too for many local free concerts, family events, movie nights, pool days and more in your city!
Make sure to check out more ideas for summer fun around the Northwest:
- Summer Fairs & Festivals for 2014 around the Northwest
- Staycation Ideas for Seattle
- Summer Fun on A Budget
- Fiddler on the Roof at Snoqualmie Falls Theater – $5 – $1o/ticket
- Peter & the Wolf Concert for Kids at Benaroya Hall - Seattle – $6/ticket
- Annie at the Kitsap Outdoor Theater - $9 per ticket
- Portland Aquarium - $5/ticket (50% off)
Greater Puget Sound Fairs & Festivals:
- Enumclaw Street Fair - July 25th – 27th; street fair, entertainment, food, carnival
- Renton River Days - July 25th – 27th; Entertainment, Art show & art market, food, kids zone, quilt show & more
- Bellevue Festival of the Arts & Sixth Street Fair - July 25th – 27th; Bellevue; free admission, outdoor show
- Scottish Highland Games - July 25th – 27th; Enumclaw
- Lake Stevens Aquafest - July 25th – 27th; Lake Stevens, Classic Car Show, Fireworks & more
- Bite of Skagit - Saturday July 26th - 12 – 4pm
- Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival - July 25th – 27th, Kingston; Arts & Crafts Vendors, Entertainment, Food & more
- Mason Area Fair & Rodeo - July 25th – 27th; Shelton (no updated dates yet, so check back to confirm)
- Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Festival - July 27th- August 3rd
If you see a fun, frugal event that’s not listed, feel free to leave a comment so we can add that event to our list.
PUGET SOUND AREA::
*Backyard Bard: Shakespeare Plays– Seattle; Through August; 7:00pm; An outdoor, all-ages, four-actor, 45-minute production. FREE, donations accepted. This week, it’s Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings at different locations.
*Shakespeare in the Park – various Puget Sound locations; See Shakespeare performances in an all-ages, outdoor format. Bring blankets or low chairs. FREE, donations accepted. Various days and locations through August 16th. See website for time and place details.