Pacific Northwest Christmas Events, Tree Farms
and Bazaars – 2014 Edition
Now that it’s November, it’s time to start thinking about the Christmas season & all of the fun holiday events that are beginning this month. We are teaming up once again with Angela from Frugal Living NW and Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a roundup of Christmas events, popular craft & gift bazaars and Christmas tree farms around the Northwest!
If you see an event or Christmas tree farm that we missed, fill out this form and we’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Happy Moneysaver – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms for Eastern Washington and Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning! Check out the full list of fun & frugal family events from previous weeks.
- Best of the Northwest Fall Art & Fine Craft Show – Seattle, WA – November 14th – 16th. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-5pm. $6 entry at the door.
- Fine Art Holiday Gifts at Fauntleroy – Fellowship Hall at Fauntleroy Church – Seattle, WA– November 14th – 16th.
- Emerald Downs Holiday Gift Festival – Auburn, WA – November 15th & 16th 10am-4pm. Admission is free with a canned food donation for non-perishable food donation (otherwise $3/admission for adults, 17 & under are FREE), free parking.
- Enumclaw Festival of Crafts and Gifts– Enumclaw, WA – November 21st – 23rd. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-4pm. Kids 12 and under are FREE.
- Duwamish Native Holiday Gift Fair – Seattle, WA – November 28th – 30th. 10:30am – 4:30pm. Free admission
- Bellevue Hilltop Holiday Craft Show – Bellevue, WA – December 3rd – 6th. Wednesday through Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-5pm. Admission is FREE.
- Winter Festival and Crafts Fair – Seattle, WA – December 6th & 7th. 10am-5pm.
- Urban Craft Uprising – Seattle, WA – December 6th & 7th – 10am -6pm ; 10am – 5pm; Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
- 10th Annual Art Under $100 Holiday Event – Seattle, WA; December 6th from 2-9pm; Seattle Design Center
- Mill Creek Lions Club Holiday Bazaar – Everett, WA – November 16th. 9am-5pm. Free admission.
- Snohomish Holiday Market – Snohomish, WA – November 22nd – 23rd. 10am-5pm.
- Holiday Festival of the Arts – Bellingham, WA – December 5th – 7th. Friday noon-8pm, Saturday 11am-5:30pm, and SUnday 11am-5:30pm. Free admission.
- Dickens Fair – Cavalero Mid High School, Everett WA – December 6th. 10am-4pm.
- Spanaway Lake High School Holiday Craft Fair – Spanaway, WA – November 1st & 2nd; Sat 9-5 & Sun 10-3. $3/admission for ages 6 & up.
- Handmade Holiday Boutique – Puyallup, WA – November 7th – 9th, Free admission & parking
- Lake Lawrence Holiday Bazaar – Yelm, WA – November 7th – 8th. 9am-5:30pm. Free admission and free parking.
- Christmas Craft & Art Fair – Graham, WA – November 15th . 8am – 4pm. $2 admission or $1 with non-perishable food donation for local food bank. Free parking.
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Bazaar – Dupont, WA – November 15th. 9am-4pm. Free admission.
- Roy 4th Annual Holiday Bazaar – Roy, WA – November 22nd. 9am-3pm. Free admission.
- Bearzaar – Olympia High School, WA – November 22nd. 9am-4pm.
- Thurston County Fair Holiday Bazaar – Lacey, WA – November 28th-29th. Friday 12pm-5pm. Saturday 9am-5pm. Free admission.
- Winterfest Arts & Crafts Fair– Gig Harbor, WA – November 29th – 30th.
- A Victorian Country Christmas – Puyallup, WA – December 3rd -7th. Wednesday and Thursday 10am-8pm, Friday-Saturday 10am-9pm, Sunday 10am-6pm. Admission is $11 for adults, $9.00 for seniros (62+), $9 for students (6-18), $8 for Military with ID, and Free for kids 5 and under. Ticket sales are at the gate and they can only accept cash. Parking is free.
- Carbanado Holiday Bazaar – Carbanado, WA ; December 6th – 8am -3pm; Don Argo Community Gym
- Holiday Gift and Food Fair – Bremerton, WA – November 21st – 23rd. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm. Sunday 10am-5pm. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for senior citizens (62+) ,$4 for teens, and free for children 12 and under. Bring a canned food donation for $1.00 off admission. Admission is good for all 3 days of the fair.
- Holiday Craft Sale – Port Townsend, WA – November 28th – 29th. 10am-5pm.
- Winter Fanta-Sea Crafts Festival – Ocean Shores, WA – November 28th – 30th. Free admission.
- Molbak’s Festival of Poinsettias – Woodinville – November 8th – December 24th. See a 14 foot high poinsettia tree and more than 25 varieties of poinsettias. View themed Christmas trees & more. Take pictures with Santa on weekends from Nov. 30th – Dec 22nd, from 1–3pm.
- Swanson’s Reindeer Festival – Seattle (Ballard area) – Information coming soon.
- Yulefest – Seattle, WA – November 22nd – 23rd. 10am-5pm. Yulefest gives you a glimpse of a traditional Nordic Christmas and offers you opportunities to finish up Christmas shopping.
- Festival of Trees – Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle; November 22nd – December 2nd. Enjoy a display of decorated Christmas trees. Each tree will have a photo and story of patient at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Free admission.
- Gingerbread Village – Sheraton Hotel in Seattle – November 24th – January 4th. Open 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Free admission. View oversized gingerbread houses created by the culinary staff at the Sheraton and vote for your favorite one.
- Downtown Macy’s Holiday Parade – Seattle – Seattle – November 28th. The parade begins at 9am on the corner of 7th Ave. and Pine St., and will then travel west down Pine to 5th Ave., south on 5th to University St., west on University to 4th Ave. and then north on 4th before concluding at the front of Macy’s Department Store at 11 AM.
- Downtown Lighting of Christmas Tree & Macy’s Star – Seattle – November 28th, 5pm. Watch the lighting of the famous Macy’s star following by a fireworks show.
- Winterfest – Seattle Center, Seattle – November 28th – December 31st. Ice skating, live music, shopping, and more.
- Snowflake Lane – Bellevue – November 28th – December 24th at 7pm every night (changes to Celebration Lane from Dec 26th – December 31st), FREE nightly display of lights, music, drumming by toy soldiers & much more. (We have gone the last few years & my girls just love it – and so do we!)
- Christmas Ship Festival – Seattle – November 28th – December 23rd. The Royal Argosy Ship & other boats travel to 45 communities with choirs on board, broadcasting their carols over loud speakers so that those on shore can hear. Tickets are $35.50 for adults, $32.00 for seniors (65+), $19.50 for youth ages 4-12, and free for children under 4.
- Woodland Park Wildlights – Seattle, WA; November 28th – January 4th; 5:30 – 8:30pm (every night except 12/24 & 12/25); Tickets are $9.75 for adults & $6.50 for kids.
- Garden D’Lights – Bellevue Botanical Gardens – November 29th – January 3rd. 4:30pm-9:30pm. $5 admission. Children 10 & younger are free. Free admission nights include December 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 9, 10, and 11. The Bellevue Botanical Garden is lit up with thousands of Christmas light.
- Providence O’Christmas Trees Christmas Carnival – The Westin Seattle Ballroom – December 1st. 12pm-8pm. Live performance from various groupons includ a concert by the The Not-Its!. Carnival cames, snacks, photos with Santa and more. Free admission.
- Journey to Bethlehem Living Nativity – Auburn – December 4th – 7th. 5:30pm-9:30pm. $5 admission. Dress warmly as you take a 45 minute journey to Bethlehem where you’ll meet wisemen, camels, Roman guards, merchants, and shepherds. Everyone needs a ticket, including babies. Please free the guidelines and suggestions on the site before purchasing tickets. We went to this the last 2 years & this was the highlight of our Christmas activities – our girls loved it! Very well-done!
- The Great Figgy Pudding Street Corner Caroling Competition – Seattle (Westlake Center) – December 5th. 6pm-8:30pm. Dozens of caroling teams compete, with the top teams competing in a sing-off on the main stage.
- Candy Cane Lane – Seattle – December 6th – January 1st.
- New Years Eve at the Space Needle – Seattle – December 31st. Watch the fireworks light up the Space Needle at midnight. THE NINES will perform a free live concert starting at 8:15. Kids can visit a children’s museum while adults can enjoy food and beverages at local eateries.
- Lights of Christmas – Warm Beach/Stanwood – View the display of over 1 million Christmas lights, enjoy Christmas carolers, snacks, and more. Open from 5pm-1pm on the following dates: Decemeber 4th – 7th, 11th – 14th, 18th – 23rd, and 26th – 30th.
- Christmas Tree Lighting & Santa’s Arrival – Country Village Shops, Bothell – December 6th at 10am & 8pm (although there will be earlier activities). Train rides, free hot roasted chestnuts, a surprise visit by the Grinch, and more.
South Sound / Peninsula / Coast:
- Fantasy Lights – Spanaway – November 27th – January 1st. 5:30pm-9pm. Drive through the 2-mile long Christmas lights display. Tune your radio to 93.7 FM to listen to special holiday music while you drive. Please anticipate very long waits, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings. Admission is $14 per vehicle/mini-bus and $45 for each bus. Half-price nights are December 1st – 3rd and 8th – 10th.
- Old Cannery Bridge Lighting – November 28th – Bridge Lighting at 7pm. Santa is available on the weekends leading up to Christmas from 11am-4pm. Horse drawn Carriage Rides are available on December 13th – 14th and 20th – 21st from 11am-4pm.
- Zoolights – Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma – November 28th – January 4th. 5pm-9pm. Open every night except 12/24. Admission is $7.50 online for non-members and $9.00 at the gate. Admission for members is $4.50. Children 2 and younger are free and parking is also free. Enjoy the zoo animals lit up by 100% LED-bulb Christmas light displays. You can even do some shopping or ride a camel.
- Tidefest – Gig Harbor, WA – December 6th and 7th. Saturday 10am-5pm. Sunday 11am-4pm. $5 admission. Enjoy fine arts and crafts.
- Living Nativity – Gig Harbor, WA at Discovery Baptist Church – December 6th. Over 200 cast members plus live animals. (I’ve heard from friends that this is an amazing live nativity event! Definitely something we’ll be putting on our calendar this year!)
CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS:
If you don’t see your favorite Christmas tree farm listed, make sure to check out the Puget Sound Christmas Tree Association list, too.
- Red-Wood Christmas Tree Farm – Redmond, WA – Starts November 28th. Daily 10am-8pm. They will be closing their U-CUTs for the season during the second week of December.
- Serres Farm – Redmond, WA – No dates available yet (but most likely open Nov 28th). Weekends 9am-5pm. Weedays 2pm-5pm.
- Ronnei Christmas Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Open November 28th until sold out. Weekdays 10am-4pm. Weekends 9am-4pm.
- Mountain Creek Christmas Tree Farm – Snoqualmie, WA – Open November 16th – December 23rd or until sold out. Daily 9:30am-5pm.
- Crown Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 22nd until sold out. Daily 9am-dusk.
- Keith and Scott Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 28th. Weekends only (Saturdays and Sunday, + Friday 11/28) 9am-dusk. Cash or check only. Pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Trinity Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Open November 22nd – 3rd from 9am-5pm, then reopening on November 28th. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm. Offering tree tie down, assistance loading the tree into your vehicle, hot beverages, and more.
- Crystal Creek – Maple Valley, WA – No dates listed yet. 9am-dusk.
- Papa’s Tree Farm – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 28th (haven’t updated their website for this year yet though). Mon-Fri 10am-dusk. Sat-Sun 9am-dusk.
- Three Tree Farms – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 28th, then the regular schedule is Thursdays-Sundays. 9am-dusk. Cash or checks only.
- Pfaff’s Christmas Tree Farm – Auburn, WA – Open November 28th – December 24th. Weekends 9am-6:30 pm, Weekdays 10 am-6:30 pm.
- Tinseltown Tree Farm – Pacific, WA – Open November 28th. Fridays-Sundays 9am-4:30pm. Cash or check only. Sharp saws and tying twine provided.
- Carnation Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – November 28th – December 21st. Open Thursdays-Sundays 9am-4:30pm.
- Christmas Creek Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open at 9am on November 28th. Normal schedule will be Thursdays-Fridays 11am-5pm, Saturdays-Sundays 9am-5pm.
- Enchanted Winds Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Open November 22nd-23rd 9am-4pm, then assuming seasonal hours November 28th – December 14th (or until sold out). Thursdays-Fridays 10am-4:30pm. Saturdays-Sundays 9am-4:30pm.
- Alpine Meadows Christmas Tree Farm – Deming, WA – Open November 28th. Daily 9am-dark. Closed on Sundays.
- Big Lake Trees – Mount Vernon, WA – Site hasn’t been updated for this but likely open November 28th through December 21st. Weekdays 10am-4:30pm. Weekends 9am-4:30pm.
- Pilchuck Secret Valley Christmas Tree Farm – Arlington, WA – Open November 22nd. Open 7 days a week 9am-dusk. PEts are welcome if on a leash. Must clean up after pets.
- Lochsloy Acres Christmas Tree Farm – Lake Stevens, WA – Before Thanksgiving Pre-Season Sale November 1st – 26th (except Thursdays) 11am-4:30pm. Reserve a tree which can be picked up through December 17th. After Thanksgiving Sale November 28th – December 14th (or until sell out). Hours of operation are Black Friday 9am-4:30pm, Weekends 9am-4pm, Weekdays (other than Tuesdays) 11am-4:30pm, Tuesdays closed. No pets allowed.
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA – Site has not been updated for 2014 season. Likely open November 28th through Mid December. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm.
- Lervik’s Christmas Tree Farm – Granite Falls, WA – Site has not been updated for 2014 season. Likely open November 28th; Fri-Sun 10am-4pm.
South Sound / Peninsula:
- Riverlook Farm’s Red Barn Tree Farm – 119th & Highway 162, Puyallup – November 26th – December 16th. Weekdays 10am-6pm. Weekends 9am-5pm.
- Snowshoe Evergreen Tree Farm -10716 State Route 162 East, Puyallup – Site not updated for 2014 season. Likely opens November 28th – mid- December. Weekdays 10am-5pm. Weekends 9am-5pm. Cash and checks only, ATM on site.
- Double 4 Tree Farm – Tacoma, WA – Pre-selection first 4 weekends in November 9am-4pm. Cutting trees begins November 28th – December 29th (closed on Mondays). Weekends 9am-4pm. Tuesdays-Fridays 12pm-4pm.
- Hillside Tree Farm – Sumner, WA – Site not updated for 2014 season. Likely ppen November 28th – mid-December. Weekdays 12pm-4pm. Weekends 9am-4pm.
- Ohop Ridge Tree Farm – Eatonville, WA – Opens November 28th – December 16th. Weekends only 9am-dusk.
- Holiday Christmas Trees – Eatonville, WA –No dates yet, make sure to check back. Fridays-Sundays 9am-Dusk.
- Hunter’s Christmas Tree Farm – Lacey/Yelm area; 7401 Yelm Hwy. SE – Opens November 28th – December 23rd. Weekedays 10am-6pm. Weekends 9am-6pm. Yule tree wagons to take you to the fields, free hot chocolate/coffee, reindeer, Santa visits on the first 3 weekends.
- Henry’s Tree Farm – Poulsbo, WA – Weekends in October & November 10am-4pm. Open daily November 27th – December 21st. Weekdays 10am-4:30pm. Weekends 8am-4:30pm.
- Five Springs Tree Farm – Olalla, WA – Open Friday November 28th 9am-5pm then Saturdays and Sundays 9am-5pm and Thursdays and Fridays 12pm-5pm while supplies last.