Pacific Northwest Christmas Events, Tree Farms
and Bazaars – 2015 Edition
Now that it’s November, it’s time to start thinking about the Christmas season & all of the fun holiday events that are beginning this month. We are teaming up once again with Angela from Frugal Living NW and Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a roundup of Christmas events, popular craft & gift bazaars and Christmas tree farms around the Northwest!
If you see an event or Christmas tree farm that we missed, fill out this form and we’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Happy Moneysaver – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms for Eastern Washington and Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning! Check out the full list of fun & frugal family events from previous weeks.
- Best of the Northwest Fall Art & Fine Craft Show Act II – Seattle, WA – November 13th – 15th. Friday Noon-8pm. Saturday 10am-6pm. Sunday 10am-5pm. $8 entry.
- Fine Art Holiday Gifts at Fauntleroy – Fellowship Hall at Fauntleroy Church – Seattle, WA– November 13th – 15th.
- Emerald Downs Holiday Gift Festival – Auburn, WA – November 14th & 15th 10am-4pm. Admission is free with a non-perishable food donation (otherwise $3/admission for adults, 17 & under are FREE), free parking.
- Enumclaw Festival of Crafts and Gifts– Enumclaw, WA – November 20th – 22nd. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-4pm. Kids 12 and under are FREE.
- Duwamish Native Holiday Gift Fair – Seattle, WA – November 27th – 29th. 10am-4pm. Free admission
- Bellevue Hilltop Holiday Craft Show – Bellevue, WA – December 2nd – 5th. Wednesday through Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-5pm. Admission is FREE.
- Winter Festival and Crafts Fair – Seattle, WA – December 5th & 6th. 10am-5pm.
- Urban Craft Uprising – Seattle, WA – December 5th & 6th. Friday 10am-6pm. Saturday 10am-5pm; Seattle Center Exhibition Hall
- 11th Annual Art Under $100 Holiday Event – Seattle, WA; December 5th from 2-9pm; Seattle Design Center
- Mill Creek Lions Club Holiday Bazaar – Everett, WA – November 14th. 9am-5pm. Free admission.
- Snohomish Holiday Market – Snohomish, WA – November 21st – 22nd. 10am-5pm.
- Holiday Festival of the Arts – Bellingham, WA – December 4th – 6th. Friday noon-8pm, Saturday 11am-5pm, and Sunday 11am-5pm. Free admission.
- Dickens Fair – Cavalero Mid High School, Everett WA – December 5th. 10am-4pm.
- Spanaway Lake High School Holiday Craft Fair – Spanaway, WA – November 7th & 8th; Sat 9-5 & Sun 10-3. $3/admission for ages 6 & up.
- Lake Lawrence Holiday Bazaar – Yelm, WA – November 13th & 14th. 9:30am-5:30pm. Free admission and free parking.
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Bazaar – Dupont, WA – November 14th. 9am-4pm. Free admission.
- Roy 6th Annual Holiday Bazaar – Roy, WA – November 21st. 9am-3pm. Free admission.
- Bearzaar – Olympia High School, WA – November 21st. 9am-4pm.
- Thurston County Fair Holiday Bazaar – Lacey, WA – November 27th-28th. Friday 12pm-4pm. Saturday 9am-4pm. Free admission & free parking.
- Winterfest Arts & Crafts Fair– Gig Harbor, WA – November 28th-29th. Saturday 9am-5pm. Sunday 11am-4pm. $5 admission.
- A Victorian Country Christmas – Puyallup, WA – December 2nd-6th. Wednesday-Thursday 10am-8pm. Friday-Saturday 10am-9pm. Sunday 10am-6pm. Free parking. Tickets are available online or you can buy them at the gate (cash only). Admission for Adults is $10 Wednesday-Friday and $12 Saturday-Sunday, Seniors (62+) $9 Wednesday-Friday and $10 Saturday-Sunday, Students (Ages 6-18) $9 Wednesday-Friday and $10 Saturday-Sunday, Military w/ ID $8 Wednesday-Friday and $9 Saturday-Sunday. Kids 5 and under are free.
- Holiday Gift and Food Fair – Bremerton, WA – November 20th – 22nd. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm. Sunday 10am-5pm. Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for senior citizens (62+) ,$4 for teens, and free for children 12 and under. Bring a canned food donation and a coupon from the site for $1.00 off admission. Admission is good for all 3 days of the fair.
- Holiday Craft Sale – Port Townsend, WA – November 27th – 28th. 10am-5pm.
- Winter Fanta-Sea Crafts Festival – Ocean Shores, WA – November 28th – 30th. Free admission.
- Molbak’s Festival of Poinsettias – Woodinville – Dates and times TBA. See a 14 foot high poinsettia tree and more than 25 varieties of poinsettias. View themed Christmas trees & more. Take pictures with Santa on select weekends.
- Swanson’s Reindeer Festival – Seattle (Ballard area) – Information coming soon.
- Yulefest – Seattle, WA – November 21st – 22nd. 10am-5pm. Yulefest gives you a glimpse of a traditional Nordic Christmas and offers you opportunities to finish up Christmas shopping.
- Festival of Trees – Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle; November 21st – December 5th. Enjoy a display of decorated Christmas trees. Each tree will have a photo and story of patient at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Free admission.
- Gingerbread Village – Sheraton Hotel in Seattle – November 24th – January 3rd. Open 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Free admission. View oversized gingerbread houses created by the culinary staff at the Sheraton and vote for your favorite one.
- Downtown Macy’s Holiday Parade – Seattle – Seattle – November 27th. The parade begins at 9am on the corner of 7th Ave. and Pine St., and will then travel west down Pine to 5th Ave., south on 5th to University St., west on University to 4th Ave. and then north on 4th before concluding at the front of Macy’s Department Store at approximately 11 AM.
- Downtown Lighting of Christmas Tree & Macy’s Star – Seattle – November 27th, 5pm. Watch the lighting of the famous Macy’s star following by a fireworks show.
- Winterfest – Seattle Center, Seattle – November 27th – December 31st. Ice skating, live music, shopping, and more.
- Snowflake Lane – Bellevue – November 27th – December 24th at 7pm every night. FREE nightly display of lights, music, drumming by toy soldiers & much more. (We have gone the last few years & my girls just love it – and so do we!)
- Christmas Ship Festival – Seattle – November 27th – December 22nd. The Royal Argosy Ship & other boats travel to 45 communities with choirs on board, broadcasting their carols over loud speakers so that those on shore can hear. Tickets are $39 for adults, $35 for seniors (65+), $21.50 for youth ages 4-12, and free for children under 3.
- Woodland Park Wildlights – Seattle, WA; November 28th – January 3rd; 5:30 – 8:30pm (every night except 12/24 & 12/25); Tickets are $9.95 for adults & $6.95 for kids.
- Garden D’Lights – Bellevue Botanical Gardens – November 28th – January 2nd. 4:30pm-9:30pm. $5 admission. Children 10 & younger are free. Free admission nights TBA. The Bellevue Botanical Garden is lit up with thousands of Christmas light.
- Providence O’Christmas Trees Christmas Carnival – The Westin Seattle Ballroom – November 30th. 4pm-8pm. Live performance from various groups, carnival games, snacks, photos with Santa and more. Free admission.
- Journey to Bethlehem Living Nativity – Auburn – December 3rd – 6th. 5:30pm-pm. $6 admission. Dress warmly as you take a 45 minute journey to Bethlehem where you’ll meet wisemen, camels, Roman guards, merchants, and shepherds. Everyone needs a ticket, including babies. Please read the guidelines and suggestions on the site before purchasing tickets. Plan on arriving 45 mins BEFORE your scheduled journey. (You will need time to park and pick up the tickets for your alloted time slot). We went to this the last 2 years & this was the highlight of our Christmas activities – our girls loved it! Very well-done!
- The Great Figgy Pudding Street Corner Caroling Competition – Seattle (Westlake Center) – December 4th. 6pm-8:30pm. Dozens of caroling teams compete, with the top teams competing in a sing-off on the main stage.
- New Years Eve at the Space Needle – Seattle – December 31st. Watch the fireworks light up the Space Needle at midnight. THE NINES will perform a free live concert starting at 8:15. Kids can visit a children’s museum while adults can enjoy food and beverages at local eateries.
- Lights of Christmas – Warm Beach/Stanwood – View the display of over 1 million Christmas lights, enjoy Christmas carolers, snacks, and more. Open from 5pm-10pm on the following dates: December 3rd-6th, 10th-13th, 17th-23rd, and 26th-29th. Tickets are $16 for Adults, $12 for Military, $12 for Seniors (60+), $11 for Children (4-12), and Free for Children 3 and under. AAA Members can save $2.00. Pay What You Can Nights are Dec. 3, 10, 28, & 29.
- Christmas Tree Lighting & Santa’s Arrival – Country Village Shops, Bothell – December 5th at 10am & 8pm (although there will be earlier activities). Complimentary hot roasted chestnuts at 4pm, surprise visit by the Grinch, whimsical gingerbread house displays, and more.
South Sound / Peninsula / Coast:
- Fantasy Lights – Spanaway – November 26th – January 1st. 5:30pm-9pm. Drive through the 2-mile long Christmas lights display. Tune your radio to 95.3 FM to listen to special holiday music while you drive. Please anticipate very long waits, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings. Admission is $14 per vehicle/mini-bus and $45 for each bus. Half-price nights are Nov. 30, Dec. 1, 2, 7, 8, & 9
- Old Cannery Bridge Lighting – TBA.
- Zoolights – Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma – November 27th – January 3rd. 5pm-9pm. Open every night except 12/24. Admission is $8.50 online for non-members and $10.00 at the gate. Admission for members is $5. Children 2 and younger are free and parking is also free. Enjoy the zoo animals lit up by 100% LED-bulb Christmas light displays. You can even do some shopping or ride a camel.
- Tidefest – Gig Harbor, WA – December 5th and 6th. Saturday 10am-5pm. Sunday 11am-4pm. $5 admission. Enjoy fine arts and crafts.
- Living Nativity – Gig Harbor, WA at Discovery Baptist Church – December 5th – 6th. 5pm-8pm. Over 200 cast members plus live animals. (I’ve heard from friends that this is an amazing live nativity event! Definitely something we’ll be putting on our calendar this year!)
CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS:
If you don’t see your favorite Christmas tree farm listed, make sure to check out the Puget Sound Christmas Tree Association list, too.
- Red-Wood Christmas Tree Farm – Redmond, WA – 2015 Dates and Times TBA.
- Serres Farm – Redmond, WA – 2015 Dates and Times TBA.
- Ronnei Christmas Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Open November 68th until sold out. Weekdays 10am-4pm. Weekends 9am-4pm.
- Mountain Creek Christmas Tree Farm – Snoqualmie, WA – 2015 Dates and Times TBA.
- Crown Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 21st until sold out. Daily 9am-dusk.
- Keith and Scott Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Opening date TBA. Weekends only (Saturdays and Sunday, + Friday 11/28) 9am-dusk. Cash or check only. Pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Trinity Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Opening for Christmas Tree Season Saturday Nov. 21 and Sunday Nov. 22 from 8am-6pm. Closing for Thanksgiving and re-opening on Friday, November 27th. Open on weekends from 8am-6pm and weekdays 10am-6pm. Offering hand saws for us, tree tie down, assistance loading the tree into your vehicle, hot beverages, and more.
- Crystal Creek – Maple Valley, WA – Open Saturday, November 22nd. 9am-dusk.
- Papa’s Tree Farm – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 27th (haven’t updated their website for this year yet though). Mon-Fri 10am-dusk. Sat-Sun 9am-dusk.
- Three Tree Farms – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 27th, then the regular schedule is Thursdays-Sundays. 9am-dusk. Cash or checks only.
- Pfaff’s Christmas Tree Farm – Auburn, WA – Open November 27th – December 24th. Weekends 9am-6:30 pm, Weekdays 10 am-6:30 pm.
- Tinseltown Tree Farm – Pacific, WA – Open November 27th. Fridays-Sundays 9am-4:30pm. Cash or check only. Sharp saws and tying twine provided.
- Carnation Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Opening date TBA but likely November 27th. Open Thursdays-Sundays 9am-4:30pm.
- Christmas Creek Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Schedule TBA.
- Enchanted Winds Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Open November 27th through December 14th or until sold out. Thursdays and Fridays 10am-4:30pm. Saturdays and Sundays 9am-4:30pm.
- Alpine Meadows Christmas Tree Farm – Deming, WA – Open November 27th. Daily 9am-dark. Closed on Sundays.
- Big Lake Trees – Mount Vernon, WA – Open November 27th through December 21st. Weekdays 10am-4:30pm. Weekends 9am-4:30pm.
- Pilchuck Secret Valley Christmas Tree Farm – Arlington, WA – Site hasn’t updated yet but likely open on November 27th. Open 7 days a week 9am-dusk. Pets are welcome if on a leash. Must clean up after pets.
- Lochsloy Acres Christmas Tree Farm – Lake Stevens, WA – Before Thanksgiving Pre-Season Sale November 1st – 25th (except Tuesdays) 11am-4:30pm. Reserve a tree which can be picked up through December 15th. After Thanksgiving Sale runs November 28th – December 6th (or until sell out). Hours of operation are Black Friday 9am-4:30pm, Weekends 9am-4pm, Weekdays (other than Tuesdays) 11am-4:30pm, Tuesdays closed. No pets allowed.
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA – Site has not been updated for 2015 season. Likely open November 27th through Mid December. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm.
South Sound / Peninsula:
- Riverlook Farm’s Red Barn Tree Farm – 119th & Highway 162, Puyallup – November 27th through mid-December. Weekdays 10am-4pm, Saturdays and Sundays 8am-4pm. Offering U-Cut and fresh cut Christmas trees, saws, cutting assistance, and baling for tree.
- Snowshoe Evergreen Tree Farm -10716 State Route 162 East, Puyallup – Site not updated for 2015 season. Likely opens November 27th – mid- December. Weekdays 10am-5pm. Weekends 9am-5pm. Cash and checks only, ATM on site.
- Double 4 Tree Farm – Tacoma, WA – Pre-selection first 3 weekends in November 9am-4pm. Cutting trees begins November 27th – December 19th (closed on Mondays). Weekends 9am-4pm. Tuesdays-Fridays 12pm-4pm.
- Hillside Tree Farm – Sumner, WA – Site not updated for 2015 season. Likely open November 27th – mid-December. Weekdays 12pm-4pm. Weekends 9am-4pm.
- Ohop Ridge Tree Farm – Eatonville, WA – Open November 28th through December 14th. Saturdays and Sundays 9am-dusk.
- Holiday Christmas Trees – Eatonville, WA –November 28th – December 21st. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays 9am-dusk.
- Hunter’s Christmas Tree Farm – Lacey/Yelm area; 7401 Yelm Hwy. SE – Open Friday, November 27 through Wednesday, December 23, 2015. Weekdays 10am-6pm. Weekends 9am-6pm. Yule tree wagons to take you to the fields, free hot chocolate/coffee, reindeer, Santa visits on the first 3 weekends.
- Henry’s Tree Farm – Poulsbo, WA – Site not updated for 2015 season. Likely open November 27th through mid-December weekdays 10am-4:30pm and weekends 8am-4:30pm.
- Five Springs Tree Farm – Olalla, WA – Site not updated for 2015 season. Likely open Friday, November 27th through mid-December or until sell out. Thursdays and Fridays 12pm-5pm and Saturdays and Sundays 9am-5pm. Special Black Friday hous of 9am-5pm.