Pacific Northwest Christmas Events, Tree Farms
and Bazaars – 2013 Edition
Now that it’s November, it’s time to start thinking about the Christmas season & all of the fun holiday events that are beginning this month. We are teaming up once again with Angela from Frugal Living NW and Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a roundup of Christmas events, popular craft & gift bazaars and Christmas tree farms around the Northwest!
If you see an event or Christmas tree farm that we missed, fill out this form and we’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW - Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Happy Moneysaver – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms for Eastern Washington and Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning! Check out the full list of fun & frugal family events from previous weeks.
- Best of the Northwest Fall Art & Fine Craft Show – Seattle, WA – November 8th – 10th
- The Harvest Market - Woodinville, WA – November 9th
- Emerald Downs Holiday Gift Festival – Auburn, WA – November 16th & 17th; admission is free with a canned food donation for non-perishable food donation (otherwise $3/admission & $17/younger free), free parking
- Fine Art & Holiday Gift Fair – Seattle, WA – November 15th – 17th
- Enumclaw Festival of Crafts and Gifts- Enumclaw, WA – November 22nd – 24th
- Etsy Rain Handmade Holiday Show - Seattle – November 29th & 30th
- Bellevue Hilltop Holiday Craft Show – Bellevue, WA – December 4th – 7th
- Winter Festival and Crafts Fair – Seattle, WA – December 7th & 8th
- Mill Creek Lions Club Holiday Bazaar – Everett, WA – Saturday November 16th
- Snohomish Holiday Market - Snohomish, WA – November 16th & 17th – 10am – 6pm
- Holiday Festival of the Arts – Bellingham, WA – November 15th through December 24th
- Dickens Fair - Cavalero Mid High School, Everett; December 7th – 10am -4pm
- D.C.C.P Holiday Bazaar - Mukilteo, WA; December 7th – 10am – 4pm
- Handmade Holiday Boutique - Puyallup, WA – November 8th – 10th
- Lake Lawrence Holiday Bazaar – Yelm, WA – November 9th & 10th
- Winter Wonderland Holiday Bazaar – Dupont, WA – November 16th
- Roy 4th Annual Holiday Bazaar - Roy, WA – November 23rd
- Bearzaar - Olympia High School, WA; November 23rd
- Thurston County Fair Holiday Bazaar – Lacey, WA – November 29th and November 30th
- Winterfest Arts & Crafts Fair– Gig Harbor, WA – November 30th & December 1st
- Holiday Gift and Food Fair – Bremerton, WA – November 22nd – 24th; $5 admission for adults ($4 seniors/teens).
- Holiday Craft Sale – Port Townsend, WA – November 29th – 30th
- Winter Fanta-Sea Crafts Festival – Ocean Shores, WA – November 29th – December 1st
- Molbak’s Festival of Poinsettias - Woodinville, Starts November 8th – December 24th; 14 foot high poinsettia tree, more than 25 varieties of poinsettias, themed Christmas trees & more. Take pictures with Santa on weekends from Nov. 30th – Dec 22nd, from 11 – 3pm.
- Swanson’s Reindeer Festival - Seattle (Ballard area); November 9th – December 24th; Visit with 2 reindeer, a camel & a miniature donkey; miniature holiday train setup
- Yulefest – Seattle, WA – November 23rd & 24th
- Festival of Trees - Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle; November 23rd – Dec 4th; Free admission
- Gingerbread Village - Sheraton Hotel in Seattle, November 26th – January 1st; Open 24 hours/day, 7 days/wk; FREE admission
- Downtown Macy’s Holiday Parade - Seattle – November 29th, begins at 9am
- Downtown lighting of Christmas Tree & Macy’s Star – Seattle, November 29th, 5pm
- Winterfest - Seattle Center, Seattle – November 29th – December 31st (with ice rink open thru 1/5/12); Free family activities & entertainment
- Snowflake Lane – Bellevue, November 29th – December 24th at 7pm every night (changes to Celebration Lane from Dec 26th – December 31st), FREE -nightly display of lights, music, drumming by toy soldiers & much more. (We have gone the last few years & my girls just love it – and so do we!)
- Garden D’Lights – Bellevue Botanical Gardens – November 30th – January 4th; 5pm – 10pm; $5/admission or 10 & younger – Free; There are a number of FREE nights – make sure to check the schedule (they are undergoing construction, but said this will not affect the lights, there will just be a different entrance)
- Christmas Ship Festival - Seattle; November 29th – December 23rd; the Argosy ship & other boats travel to 45 communities with choirs on board, broadcasting their carols over loud speakers so that those on shore can hear.
- Providence O’Christmas Trees Christmas Carnival - The Westin Seattle Ballroom; Monday December 2nd; 12-8pm; Free event. Caspar Babypants performing, kids crafts, visit with Santa, snacks & much more.
- The Great Figgy Pudding Street Corner Caroling Competition - Seattle (Westlake Center), December 6th from 5 – 8:30pm; 40+ caroling teams
- Journey to Bethlehem Living Nativity – Auburn; December 5th – 8th; We went to this the last 2 years & this was the highlight of our Christmas activities – our girls loved it! Very well-done!
- Candy Cane Lane - Seattle – 4pm – 11pm daily (no info on start dates yet, though)
- New Years Eve at the Space Needle - Seattle – December 31st
- Lights of Christmas - Warm Beach/Stanwood; open 20 nights during the month of December (see website for full listing); Starts December 5th – December 29th
- Christmas Tree Lighting & Santa’s Arrival - Country Village Shops, Bothell; December 7th at 10am & 8pm (although there will be earlier activities); train rides, free hot roasted chestnuts & more
South Sound / Peninsula / Coast:
- Fantasy Lights - Spanaway – Sunday November 24th from 5-7pm; $3/person or $9 for family of 4 if you pre-buy tickets – you can walk thru the light display (rather than driving); afterwards Fantasy Lights is open from November 28th – January 1, 2013 from 5:30pm – 9 pm. Will operate every night including Christmas & New Years.
- Old Cannery Bridge Lighting - November 29th – 5pm for Bridge Lighting & then fireworks; Sleigh rides on weekends in December (stay tuned to their website for more current info) & Santa pictures
- Zoolights - Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma – November 29th – January 5th; 5pm – 9pm; Open every night except 12/24. Admission is $7.25/person online or at Fred Meyer ($8.50/gate). Zoo members will get in for $4.25/person
- A Victorian Country Christmas – Puyallup, WA – December 4th – 8th
- Tidefest – Gig Harbor, WA – December 3rd & 4th
- Living Nativity - Gig Harbor, WA at Discovery Baptist Church – December 7th & 8th; over 200 cast members plus live animals. (I’ve heard from friends that this is an amazing live nativity event! Definitely something we’ll be putting on our calendar this year!)
CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS:
If you don’t see your favorite Christmas tree farm listed, make sure to check out the Puget Sound Christmas Tree Association list, too.
- Red-Wood Christmas Tree Farm – Redmond, WA – Starts November 29th, 2013; Daily 10 am to 8 pm
- Serres Farm – Redmond, WA – No dates available yet (but most likely open Nov 29th); Weekends 9 am to 5 pm; Weekdays 2 pm to 5 pm
- Ronnei Christmas Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Open November 29th till sold out ; Weekdays 10 am to 4 pm; Weekends 9 am to 4 pm
- Mountain Creek Christmas Tree Farm – Snoqualmie, WA – Open November 16th through December 23rd; Daily 9:30 am to 5 pm
- Crown Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 23rd ; 9 am to Dusk
- Keith and Scott Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Open November 23rd; Saturdays and Sundays + Friday 11/29 after Thanksgiving. Only 8 am to Dusk
- Trinity Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Open November 29th through December 18th; Mon-Fri 10 am to 6 pm; Sat-Sun 8 am to 6 pm. Free Santa photos. Check out Sia’s review of Trinity Tree Farm & Pumpkin Patch
- Crystal Creek – Maple Valley, WA – No dates listed yet; 9 am to Dusk
- Papa’s Tree Farm – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 29th (haven’t updated their website for this year yet though); Mon-Fri 10 am to Dusk; Sat-Sun 9 am to Dusk
- Three Tree Farms – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 29th Thur-Sun 9 am to Dusk
- Pfaff’s Christmas Tree Farm – Auburn, WA – Open November 29th through December 24th; Weekends 9 am to 6:30 pm; Weekdays 10 am to 6:30 pm
- Tinseltown Tree Farm – Pacific, WA – Open November 29th; Fri-Sun 9 am to 5 pm
- Carnation Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Opens November 29th – December 15th
- Christmas Creek Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Not updated with dates yet
- Enchanted Winds Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Opens November 23rd
- Alpine Meadows Christmas Tree Farm – Deming, WA – Open November 29th; 9 am to Dark
- Big Lake Trees – Mount Vernon, WA – Open November 29th through December 22nd – Weekdays 10 am to 4:30 pm; Weekends 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Pilchuck Secret Valley Christmas Tree Farm – Arlington, WA – Open November 29th through December 22nd – Daily 9 am to 4 pm
- Lochsloy Acres Christmas Tree Farm – Lake Stevens, WA – Open November 29th through December 14th (start reserving your tree as early as 11/2 – 27th)– Weekends 9 am to 4:30 pm; Weekdays (Closed Tuesday) 11 am to 4:30 pm
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA – Open November 29th through Mid December; Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 4 pm
- Lervik’s Christmas Tree Farm – Granite Falls, WA – Open November 29th; Fri-Sun 10 am to 4 pm
South Sound / Peninsula:
- Riverlook Farm’s Red Barn Tree Farm - 119th & Highway 162, Puyallup ; Opens November 29th. Train ride out to the fields. This is one of the most popular tree farms in the Pierce County area. We’ve gone to it for quite a few years & love it there, but it does get very, very busy on weekends.
- Snowshoe Evergreen Tree Farm - 10716 State Route 162 East, Puyallup; Opens November 29th – December 15th.
- Double 4 Tree Farm – Tacoma, WA – Open November 29th – December 21st; Tue-Fri 12 pm to 4 pm; Weekends 9 am to 4 pm
- Hillside Tree Farm – Sumner, WA – Open November 29th ; Sat-Sun 9 am to 4 pm; Weekdays 12 pm to 4 pm
- Ohop Ridge Tree Farm – Eatonville, WA – Opens November 29th – December 16th. Weekends Only 10 am to Dusk
- Holiday Christmas Trees – Eatonville, WA –No dates yet, make sure to check back; Fri-Sun 9 am to Dusk
- Hunter’s Christmas Tree Farm - Lacey/Yelm area; 7401 Yelm Hwy. SE; Opens November 29th – December 23rd. – 10am – 6pm weekdays; 9am -6pm weekends; Yule tree wagons to take you to the fields, free hot chocolate/coffee, reindeer, Santa visits on the first 3 weekends
- Henry’s Tree Farm – Poulsbo, WA – Weekdays 10 am to 4:30 pm; Weekends 8 am to 4:30 pm. No updated dates yet.
- Five Springs Tree Farm – Olalla, WA – Open Friday November 29th & then all Sat & Sundays & part day Fridays. 9 am to 5 pm