Pacific Northwest Christmas Events, Tree Farms
and Bazaars – 2019 Edition
Now that it’s November, it’s time to start thinking about the Christmas season & all of the fun holiday events that are beginning this month. We are teaming up once again with Angela from Frugal Living NW to bring you a roundup of Christmas events, popular craft & gift bazaars and Christmas tree farms around the Northwest!
If you see an event or Christmas tree farm that we missed, leave a comment or email us at thriftynorthwestmom (at) gmail.com and we’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW – Christmas Events & Christmas Tree Farms around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Thursday evening!
- Best of the Northwest Fall Art & Fine Craft Show Act II – Seattle, WA – November 8th – 10th. Friday Noon-7pm. Saturday 10am-6pm. Sunday 10am-5pm. $8 entry, Kids 12 and under free
- Gobble Up Food Show – Bell Harbor Conference Center, Seattle – Sat November 23rd 10am – 5pm. Admission is free.
- Fine Art Holiday Gifts at Fauntleroy – Fellowship Hall at Fauntleroy Church – Seattle, WA– November 8th – 10th. Friday 5pm-8pm. Saturday 10am-4pm. Sunday 11am-2pm.
- Emerald Downs Holiday Gift Festival – Auburn, WA – November 10th & 11th 10am-4pm. Admission is free with a non-perishable food donation (otherwise $3/admission for adults, 17 & under are FREE), free parking.
- Enumclaw Festival of Crafts and Gifts – Enumclaw, WA – November 22nd-24th. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 10am-4pm. Kids 12 and under are FREE. Admission tickets are $5/each.
- My Friends and More Holiday Bazaar – Bothell, WA; Saturday, November 16th – 10am – 5pm. Free admission & free parking. Free photos with Santa (Santa will arrive at 1pm). Free refreshments & children’s craft area too.
- Bellevue Hilltop Holiday Craft Show – Bellevue, WA – December 4th – December 7th. Wednesday through Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-5pm. Admission is FREE.
- Urban Craft Uprising – Seattle Center Exhibition Hall, Seattle – Sat December 7th from 10-6 & Sunday, Dec 8th from 10-5pm; Tickets are Free! 150+ vendors selling unique handmade goods.
- Winter Festival and Crafts Fair – Seattle, WA – December 7th & 8th. 10am-5pm. $4 admission and they request a can of food but it isn’t required. Kids 12 and under are free.
- Art Under $100 Holiday Event – Seattle, WA; Saturday, November 30th from 2-8pm; Seattle Design Center. Admission is FREE.
- Mill Creek Lions Club Holiday Bazaar – Everett, WA – Saturday, November 16th. 9am-4pm. Free admission.
- Snohomish Holiday Market – Snohomish, WA – November 16th. 10am-5pm. Free admission
- Holiday Festival of the Arts – Bellingham, WA – December 6th-8th. Friday noon-8pm, Saturday 11am-5pm, and Sunday 11am-5pm. Free admission.
- Dickens Fair – Cavalero Mid High School, Everett WA – Saturday, December 7th. 10am-4pm.
- Thurston County Fair Holiday Bazaar – Lacey, WA – Friday November 1st from 4pm-8pm. Saturday November 2nd 9am-5pm. Free admission & free parking.
- Lake Lawrence Holiday Bazaar – Yelm, WA – November 8th & 9th. 9:30am-5:30pm. Free admission and free parking.
- The Great Junk Hunt Vintage Market – Puyallup WA Fairgrounds. November 15th-16th, Friday 6-9pm $20 early bird admission. Saturday 10am-4pm $8 admission.
- Roy 8th Annual Holiday Bazaar – Roy, WA – November 16th. 9am-4pm. Free admission.
- Bearzaar – Olympia High School, WA – Saturday, November 23rd 9am-4pm. Free admission, unless you want early admission at 8:15am for $5.
- Christmas Market – Little Creek Casino, Shelton, WA – November 30th, 11am – 7pm & December 1st, 11am – 5pm, free admission for all, pictures with Santa & more.
- Winterfest Arts & Crafts Fair– Gig Harbor, WA – November 30th & December 1st. Saturday 9am-5pm. Sunday 11am-4pm. $5 admission.
- A Victorian Country Christmas – Puyallup, WA – December 4th – December 8th. Wednesday-Thursday 10am-8pm. Friday-Saturday 10am-9pm. Sunday 10am-6pm. Free parking. Tickets are available online or you can buy them at the gate (cash only). Wednesday through Friday admission for Adults $10.50, Students (6-18) $9.50, Seniors (62+) $9.50, Military w/ID verified at the gate $8.50, Kids 5 and under are FREE! Saturday & Sunday admission for Adults $12.50, Students (6-18) $10, Seniors (62+) $10, Military w/ID verified at the gate $9, Kids 5 and under are FREE.
- Holiday Gift and Food Fair – Bremerton, WA – November 23rd-24th. Friday and Saturday 10am-6pm. Sunday 10am-5pm. Admission is $6 for adults, $5 for senior citizens (62+), $5 for teens, $5 for military, and free for children 12 and under. Bring a canned food donation and a coupon from the site for $1.00 off admission or bring a new toy for free admission! Admission is good for all 3 days of the fair.
- Holiday Craft Sale – Port Townsend, WA – November 29th & 30th. 10am-5pm.
- Winter Fanta-Sea Crafts Festival – Ocean Shores, WA – November 29th – December 1st. Free admission.
- Tidefest – Gig Harbor, WA – December 7th & 8th Saturday 10am-5pm. Sunday 11am-4pm. $5 admission. Enjoy fine arts and crafts.
- Silver Bells Christmas Bazaar – Bremerton, WA – November 23rd. 10am – 6pm. Free admission and parking.
- Hometown Holiday Benefit Bazaar – Port Orchard, WA. December 14th from 9am – 5pm. $2 per person or $1 if you bring a canned food donation; 12 & under free (all of the admission money will be given to a local family in need). Santa & Mrs. Claus will be there for pictures.
- Celebrate the Season at Molbak’s – Woodinville – Check back at the website for information about the event soon. See a 14-foot high poinsettia tree and more than 25 varieties of poinsettias. View themed Christmas trees. Take pictures with Santa on select weekends which is offered to rewards members only.
- Swanson’s Reindeer Festival – Seattle (Ballard area) – November 9th – December 24th; Visit with 2 of Santa’s reindeer & a camel and check out the model train village.
- Julefest – Seattle, WA – November 23rd-24th. 10am-5pm. Yulefest gives you a glimpse of a traditional Nordic Christmas and offers you opportunities to finish up Christmas shopping.
- Festival of Trees – Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle; November 24th. 1pm-4pm. Free admission. Enjoy a display of decorated Christmas trees. Each tree will have a photo and story of a patient at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Free admission.
- Gingerbread Village – Sheraton Hotel in Seattle. November 23rd is the opening and it runs through January 1st, 2020. Viewing hours for Sheraton Grand Seattle Gingerbread Village are Monday-Thursday, Sunday 9am-9pm & Friday-Saturday 9am-11pm. Free admission. View oversized gingerbread houses created by the culinary staff at the Sheraton and vote for your favorite one.
- Downtown Macy’s Holiday Parade – Seattle – Seattle – November 29th. The parade begins at 7am on the corner of 7th Ave. and Pine St., and will then travel west down Pine to 5th Ave., south on 5th to University St., west on University to 4th Ave. and then north on 4th before concluding at the front of Macy’s Department Store at approximately 11 AM.
- Downtown Lighting of Christmas Tree & Macy’s Star – Seattle – Date to be announced, 4:30pm. Watch the lighting of the famous Macy’s star following by a fireworks show.
- Winterfest – Seattle Center, Seattle – November 29th – December 31st. Ice skating, live music, shopping, and more.
- Snowflake Lane – Bellevue – November 29th – December 24th at 7pm every night. FREE nightly display of lights, music, drumming by toy soldiers & much more. (We have gone the last few years & my girls just love it – and so do we!)
- Christmas Ship Festival – Seattle – November 29th – December 23rd. The Royal Argosy Ship & other boats travel to 45 communities with choirs on board, broadcasting their carols over loudspeakers so that those on shore can hear. Check out the website for even more price points.
- Garden D’Lights – Bellevue Botanical Gardens – November 30th – December 31st, 2019. 4:30pm-9:00pm. $5 admission. Children 10 & younger are free. Instead of free admission nights it’s being switched to tickets for those in need to be distributed through human services agencies in the community. The Bellevue Botanical Garden is lit up with thousands of Christmas lights.
- Providence O’Christmas Trees Christmas Carnival – The Westin Seattle Ballroom – December 2nd. 4pm-8pm. Live performance from various groups, carnival games, snacks, photos with Santa and more. Free admission. Caspar Babypants will perform at 6pm.
- The Great Figgy Pudding Street Corner Caroling Competition – Seattle (Westlake Center) – Friday, December 6th. 6pm-8:30pm. Dozens of caroling teams compete, with the top teams competing in a sing-off on the main stage.
- Parade of Boats – Seattle (Lake Union); Friday, December 13th. You can view this anywhere along Lake Union. It starts at 7pm.
- New Years Eve at the Space Needle – Seattle – December 31st. Check back soon for more information!
- Lights of Christmas – Warm Beach/Stanwood – View the display of over 1 million Christmas lights, enjoy Christmas carolers, snacks, and more. Open from 5pm-10pm on the following dates: November 29th- December 1st, December 5-8, 12-15, 18-23, 26-29th. Tickets are $18 for Adults, $14 for Military, $14 for Seniors (60+), $13 for Children (4-12), and Free for Children 3 and under. AAA Members can save $2.00(available at the gate only). Pay What You Can Nights are December 5th, 12th, and 29th.
South Sound / Peninsula / Coast:
- Fantasy Lights – Spanaway – November 28th – January 1st. 5:30pm-9pm. Drive through the 2-mile long Christmas lights display. Tune your radio to 95.3 FM to listen to special holiday music while you drive. Please anticipate very long waits, especially on Friday and Saturday evenings. Admission is $15 per vehicle/mini-bus and $45 for each bus with 25 or more passenger capacity. Discount nights are December 1st-5th. You can also go on November 23rd & 24th to walk Fantasy Lights & get discount admission – $4 per person, children age 3 and under free. You must buy these online as they will not be selling the tickets at the park. Reserve parking for $5/vehicle.
- Old Cannery Santa Visits & Horse Drawn Carriage Rides – Get a free picture with Santa and a free carriage ride. November 30th & continues through the season. Check the site for the dates & times. Annual Bridge Lighting is back on November 30th!
- Zoolights – Point Defiance Zoo, Tacoma – November 29th – January 5th. 5pm-9pm. Open every night except 12/24. Admission is $11.00 online for non-members and $13.00 at the gate. Admission for members is $6.50. Children 2 and younger are free and parking is also free. Enjoy the zoo animals lit up by 100% LED-bulb Christmas light displays.
CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS:
If you don’t see your favorite Christmas tree farm listed, make sure to check out the Puget Sound Christmas Tree Association list, too.
- Red-Wood Christmas Tree Farm – Redmond, WA – Information coming soon about open dates
- Serres Farm – Redmond, WA – Starts Nov 29th – Open until sold out.
- Ronnei Christmas Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Open November 29th until sold out. Weekdays 11am-4pm. Weekends 9am-4pm.
- Mountain Creek Christmas Tree Farm – Snoqualmie, WA – Information coming soon on open dates
- Keith and Scott Tree Farm – North Bend, WA – Starts November 29th. Weekends only (Saturdays and Sunday) 9am-dusk. Cash or check only. Pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Trinity Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Opening for Christmas Tree Season November 29th. Open on weekends from 8am-6pm and weekdays 10am-6pm. Offering hand saws for us, tree tie down, assistance loading the tree into your vehicle, hot beverages, and more.
- Crystal Creek Farm – Maple Valley, WA – Open during the Christmas season. 9am-4pm.
- Papa’s Tree Farm – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 29th. Mon-Fri 10am-dusk. Sat-Sun 9am-dusk.
- Three Tree Farms – Maple Valley, WA – Open November 29th, then the regular schedule is Thursdays-Sundays. 9am-dusk. Cash or checks only.
- Pfaff’s Christmas Tree Farm – Auburn, WA – Open November 29th – December 24th. Weekends 9am-6:30 pm, Weekdays 10 am-6:30 pm.
- Carnation Tree Farm – Carnation, WA – Opening date Nov 29th. Open Thursdays-Sundays 9am-4:30pm.
- Enchanted Winds Tree Farm – Issaquah, WA – Open November 29th. Thursdays and Fridays 10am-4:30pm. Saturdays and Sundays 9am-4:30pm.
- Alpine Meadows Christmas Tree Farm – Deming, WA – Open November 29th. Daily 9am-4:30pm. Closed Sundays.
- Big Lake Trees – Mount Vernon, WA – Open November 29th through December 22nd.
- Pilchuck Secret Valley Christmas Tree Farm – Arlington, WA – Opening in November. Open 7 days a week 9am-4:00pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Lochsloy Acres Christmas Tree Farm – Lake Stevens, WA – Before Thanksgiving Pre-Season Sale starts. Open November 2nd (except Tuesdays) 11am-4:30pm. 9am – 4pm weekends & 11:30-4:30pm weekdays except Tuesdays. See the schedule for before Thanksgiving.
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA – Likely open November 29th through Mid December. Hasn’t updated with times/dates yet.
South Sound / Peninsula:
- Snowshoe Evergreen Tree Farm -10716 State Route 162 East, Puyallup – Opens in November 29th. Monday thru Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Double 4 Tree Farm – Tacoma, WA – Pre-selection first 3 weekends in November starting the on the 2nd 9am-4pm. Cutting trees begins November 29th – December 15th (closed on Mondays). Weekends 9am-4pm. Tuesdays-Fridays 12pm-4pm.
- Ohop Ridge Tree Farm – Eatonville, WA – Open November 29th. Saturdays and Sundays 9am-dusk.
- Holiday Christmas Trees – Eatonville, WA – Check back for more information. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays 9am-dusk.
- Hunter’s Christmas Tree Farm – Lacey/Yelm area; 7401 Yelm Hwy. SE – Open Friday, November 29th through December 23rd. Weekdays 10am-6pm. Weekends 9am-6pm. Yule tree wagons to take you to the fields, free hot chocolate/coffee, reindeer, Santa visits on the 11/29, 11/30 and 12/1, 12/7 and 12/8, 12/11 to 12/12.
- Henry’s Tree Farm – Poulsbo, WA – Opens November 29th to December 1st. 9am – 4:30pm. They mention this will be their last year for trees. Trees will not be tagged and will only be first come, first served.
- Five Springs Tree Farm – Olalla, WA – Open Friday, Most likely will open November 29th until sold out. Fridays 12pm-4pm and Saturdays and Sundays 9am-4pm. Special Black Friday hours of 9am-4pm.
If we’ve missed your favorite event, bazaar or Christmas tree farm, leave a comment or email us at thriftynorthwestmom (at) gmail.com!