Chicken Teriyaki Slow Cooker Recipe
This recipe for Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is so easy I am almost embarrassed to share it with you. Whenever I make it though, I am always asked for the recipe, so I figured I would just let the whole world know how easy it really is. It only requires three ingredients, so not only is it quick and easy – but that also makes it frugal.
The trick to this recipe (in my humble opinion) is that you MUST use the brand of Teriyaki Sauce and Sticky Rice I have included in the recipe for the best result for this slow cooker chicken teriyaki. If you use the same brands we mention below then it will taste as good as any take-out Teriyaki Chicken (and no, neither of the brands have sponsored this post, nor have any idea I am writing it – that is just my honest opinion).
The brand of Teriyaki Sauce I use is Yoshidas Original Teriyaki Sauce. You can get a decent price on Amazon, but they also sell it in many local grocery stores (I have seen it in Safeway and Costco to name two).
The rice is Niko Niko Calrouse Rice (you have to buy in bulk on Amazon to make it a good price, but you can find more details on the rice here if interested). They sell it in most grocery stores, and its easy to make. If you have not cooked with it before its different then long grain rice in that the finished product has a much more “sticky” texture to it, like take-out Teriyaki!
If you dont have a rice cooker, these make it even easier to get the rice done just right. Here is an affordable, and best selling rice cooker on Amazon you can check out.
- Boneless Chicken Breasts (I use one chicken breast per person)
- Yoshidas Teriyaki Sauce
- Niko Niko Calrose Rice
- I start by pounding out my chicken breasts to make them a little thinner. You can skip this step if you don't mind your chicken being meatier.
- Simply layer your chicken breasts in the bottom of your crock pot (salt and pepper lightly if you want)
- Cover the chicken with the Yoshidas Teriyaki Sauce so that all of your chicken is saturate in the sauce.
- Mix it around slightly, so the sauce gets under the chicken too
- Set your crockpot for whatever cycle is most convenient for you and walk away
- About 30 minutes before dinner make the Nikkos sticky rice per instructions on the package
- Remove the chicken breasts onto a cutting board and slice into strips
- Serve over rice with a little extra sauce (I use the sauce it cooked in, but you can warm up some from the Yoshida bottle if you prefer)
You can make this teriyaki chicken slow cooker recipe in a frying pan too (and then its not a slow cooker recipe,but will still be very tasty). It will only take you about 30 minutes if you cook it up over the stove. Or throw it on the grill after marinating in the sauce to get the grill marks. You can use it for a stir fry too, here are some ideas on vegetable you can dice up and add if you are cooking in a wok or frying pan (cook your chicken through, and then add vegetables at the end):
- Bean Sprouts
- Bell Peppers