5 Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
Looking for an easy chicken enchilada recipe? Here is one that requires only 5 ingredients and is pretty simple to put together! The nice thing about these enchiladas is that you can easily make them mild to spicy to suit your families taste buds! This is also a great freezer cooking recipe. I like to double my batch when I make them, and I freeze one batch for a quick and easy meal another night later in the month.
The other thing that is fun about this recipe is that you can keep it simple, or make it as fancy as you want just by adding side dishes. On a busy night I will make the enchiladas and serve them with a little sour cream and lettuce.
If we are having company I will often put out various side condiments like this homemade Pico De Gallo, or Cowboy Caviar or Mexican Relish (cilantro, onions and lime – pictures above), some shredded lettuce, homemade Guacamole, and sour cream, and let guest serve themselves by adding their favorite toppings. Add in a batch of rice and beans, and this meal can be an affordable (and tasty) way to feed a crowd too.
Chicken Enchiladas Recipe How To:
Cook and shred your chicken, add enchilada sauce.
Layer on top of tortilla and add diced onion.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Roll up tortilla and add to baking dish.
Add the rest of the enchilada sauce to top of dish.
Sprinkle generously with cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 until warmed through.
Remove foil and brown the cheese a bit, then remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes and serve!
This dish is great to add some diced onions, diced cilantro and sour cream on the side for guests to add as they please.
Printable Recipe for Chicken Enchiladas Recipe:
Here’s a printable version of the Chicken Enchiladas recipe for you to print off to put in your recipe binder or notebook.Print
- Shredded chicken breast (I use two good size chicken breasts)
- 1 can of your favorite Enchilada Sauce
- 1 small white onion
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortillas (you can use flour or corn, your preference)!
- Boil the chicken breasts until cooked through
- Once the chicken is cooked through, let cool a bit and shred the meat
- Dice up half of the white onion
- Add in 1/3 cup of the enchilada sauce to the shredded chicken and mix well
- Fill Tortilla with a layer of seasoned shredded chicken, diced onion and shredded cheese, and roll up
- Place rolled enchiladas in a baking dish
- Spread the remaining 2/3 of the Enchilada sauce over the tortillas (covering all the tortilla tops)
- Add the remaining cheddar cheese to the top of the enchilada dish and cover with foil
- Bake at 350 for 15 -20 minutes
- Remove foil and let cheese on the toil broil up a bit (until its golden and bubbly)
- Let sit for a few minutes before serving