It’s that time of year for our big Pacific Northwest fall festivals and pumpkin patches list we compile for you! As in the past, we’ve teamed up with Angela from Frugal Living NW and Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a roundup of fall festivals, pumpkin patches and cider squeezes around the Northwest!
If you see an event that we missed, leave a comment & I’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Make sure to check out our list of the best places to check the autumn leaves around the Northwest, too !
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW - Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Happy Moneysaver – Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches for Eastern Washington and Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Thursday evening!
- City of Steilacoom Annual Apple Squeeze – Steilacoom, WA; Sunday October 6th – 10am to 4pm
- Cider Sunday in Tumwater, WA – The Falls Park, Tumwater; Sunday October 6th, 10am – 4pm; Bring your own apples & containers for your cider & they will do the squeezing for you.
- Meeker Mansion Annual Squeezing of the Apples – Puyallup, WA; October 12th – 10am to 4pm; they also have a small craft fair on site as well. They will have the apples & containers there for you & you’ll pay a fee for your cider.
- Duvall Heritage Festival – Duvall, WA; September 28th – 10am to 4pm; Free Admission; Churn Butter, saw a log, dance to old fashioned music & more.
- Oxbow Pumpkin Festival - Carnation, WA; Sept 28th – 10am – 2pm; $5 in advance or $7/door. Hay rides, cider pressing, pumpkin patch & much more.
- Bite of Broadview – Christ the King School in Greenwood/Seattle, Sept 27th – 29th; Live music, rides, food, & more
- Festa Italiana Seattle - Saturday Sept 28th & Sunday Sept 29th from 10am – 9pm Sat & 10-6pm Sun. Cooking demos by celebrity chefs, grape stomping competition, food & vendor court & more!
- Scarecrow Mini Fest at Magnuson Park – Seattle, October 5th – 11am – 2pm; Free although if you want to make a scarecrow it costs $10. They’ll have bluegrass music, scavenger hunt & kids art activities, garden games & more + making scarecrows.
- Issaquah Salmon Days Festival – Issaquah, WA; October 5th & 6th, 10am – 6pm; Free admission; Live music, arts & crafts fair, extreme air show demo, & much more.
- Harvest Festival – Country Village Bothell, WA; October 12th through 13th – 11am to 5pm; FREE Admission; Craft booths, kids activities, train & pony rides, root beer garden, bouncy house, paint pumpkins & more.
- Remlinger Farms Fall Harvest Festival – Carnation, WA, September 28th through October 27th - 10 am to 6pm on weekends or you can check their schedule for weekday tours. Admission is $17.11, $14.94 for seniors and disabled, FREE for ages 12 months and younger. Corn maze, rides, petting zoo, pony rides, U-pick pumpkin patch, food & much more!
- Turkfest - Seattle Center House, Seattle; October 19th & 2oth. Music & dance performances, kids activities, cooking demos, art exhibits & much more.
- Annual Harvest Jubilee – Stanwood, Camano Island and Silvana, WA; September 28th & 29th– 10am to 5pm; Free Admission. Self-guided farm tours
- Skagit Valley Giant Pumpkin Festival - Christianson’s Nursery; Mt Vernon/La Conner area; September 28th; 9am – 4pm; Harvest food, carnival games, pony rides, giant pumpkin weigh off, Live music & more.
- Harvest Festival & Pumpkin Patch – Skagit River Park, Burlington, WA September 28th – 10am to 3pm; Free admission. Pumpkin pitching (hurling pumpkins thru the air with different machines), pumpkin painting, kids activities & more.
- Everett Sausage Festival - Everett; October 4th – 6th; 12pm – midnight Fri & Sat; 12pm – 7pm Sunday. Traditional Bavarian dinner & other food booths, arts & crafts booths, Carnival rides, Bingo, Kids games, & much more.
- Apple Festival at Lattin’s Country Cider Mill & Farm – September 28th & 29th for Applefest & then every weekend in October – 9am – 5pm; no admission, $5/parking. Special Applefest price on apples is $.89/lb. Bluegrass music, petting farm, animal train, bobbing for apples & much more. Plus yummy apple treats & the best apple cider! Wagon rides out to their pumpkin patch where you can cut off your own pumpkin. (This is one of our favorite places to go in the fall! We love it there!)
- Annual Oktoberfest Northwest – Puyallup Fairgrounds, October 4th through 6th. Kids are only allowed till 7pm. There is a $3 off coupon from participating Safeway stores.
- Fife Harvest Festival - Fife, WA; October 5th – 7am – 8pm; Free Admission; Hay rides, hay maze, live entertainment, arts & crafts & more.
- Harvest Fest 2013 - Tahoma Farms, Orting, WA, October 5th – 11am – 4pm; Hay Rides, Pumpkin Patch, Live Bluegrass music, Food truck Seattle Biscuit Company, Maze, Scavenger Hunt & more. $15 for a carload
- Scarecrow Festival – Gig Harbor, WA, October 5th – 10 am to 4pm; FREE Admission. Carnival games, farm animals, live entertainment, hay & pony rides, hay maze, food & vendors & more!
- Fall Farm Tour in the Puyallup Valley – October 12th. Tours of several Puyallup Valley farms with kids activities & more.
- Tacoma Holiday Food and Gift Festival – Tacoma Dome; October 16th through 2oth ; Admission for adults is $13.50, seniors/military/juniors is $12.50 and kids under 10 are FREE. One ticket gets you admission to ALL 5 days of the festival. $1.00 discount coupons are available on the website.
- Camp Korey Fall Festival - Carnation; October 18th – 20th; 10am – 4pm. Hay rides, farm animals, pick a pumpkin, kids activities, smores around the campfire & more. Free admission.
- Fall Tree Festival – Point Defiance Park, Tacoma; October 20th, 10am – 3pm; Kids can climb a tree, create leaf art projects, go on a scavenger hunt and participate in other activities.
Peninsula / Coast:
- Old Mill Days – Port Gamble, WA – September 27th through September 29th – Admission is $8. Youth 6-17 – $5, Children 5 and under are FREE. Discount admission on Sunday for seniors and military. Free admission on Friday from 3- 5pm.
- Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival – Port Townsend, WA; October 11th through 13th ; FREE Admission. Graham Kerr will be there for cooking demos & book signing, exhibits, numerous food stations & more.
- Harvest Hootenanny – Port Orchard, WA; October 12th – 11am to 4pm; FREE Admission. Bounce house, games, hayfind, music & more.
*For more information on local pumpkin patches, check out all the ideas from the Thrifty NW Mom Facebook Fans a few years ago!
- BelleWood Acres – Lynden, WA (U-Pick Apple Orchard & Pumpkin Patch)
- Stoney Ridge Farm – Everson,WA **
- Dugualla Bay Farms – Oak Harbor, WA
- Gordon Skagit Farms – Mt Vernon, WA
- Schuh Farms – Mt Vernon, WA
- Foster’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm – Arlington, WA
- Carleton Farm – Lake Stevens, WA **
- Biringer Farms - Marysville/Everett, WA
- Bob’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm - Snohomish, WA **
- Craven Farm – Snohomish, WA **
- The Farm at Swan’s Trail – Snohomish, WA **
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA **
- Fairbank Farm – Edmonds, WA **
- Bailey’s Farm - Snohomish, WA
- Dr. Maze’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm – Redmond, WA
- Jubilee Farm – Carnation, WA **
- Oxbow Farm – Carnation, WA – Open Saturday and Sundays in October
- Remlinger Farms – Carnation, WA **
- Serres Farm – Kent, WA
- Carpinito Brothers Farm –Kent, WA **
- Thomasson Family Farm – Enumclaw, WA
- Maris Farms – Buckley, WA ** (this is one of our favorites!)
- Picha Farms – Puyallup, WA
- Scholz Farm – Orting, WA ** Make sure to check out our review of Scholz Pumpkin Patch - another favorite of ours, especially for the preschool crowd!
- Spooner Farms - Orting/Sumner, WA ** (we also love Spooners!!)
- Hunter’s Pumpkin Patch – Olympia, WA **
- Rutledge Corn Maze – Olympia, WA ** (it’s a Seahawks Corn Maze this year)
- Schilter Family Farm – Olympia, WA
- Lattin’s Country Cider Mill & Farm - Olympia, WA ** This is the place to go if you want to cut your pumpkin off the vine – lots of fun at this location! Plus the best apple cider donuts!
- Parkerosa Farms – Chehalis, WA
Peninsula / Coast:
- Creek House Farm – Pt Orchard, WA
- Sunrise Hill Farm – Kingston, WA
- Hunter Farms – Union, WA **
- Pumpkin Patch Sequim- Sequim, WA
- Shaffner Farms – Montessano, WA
** – These are farms that were originally recommended by TNWM Facebook Fans
If you see a fall festival, cider squeeze or pumpkin patch we’re missing, make sure to leave a comment & let us know. We’d love to know which ones you’ve checked out & which are your favorites!