It’s that time of year for our big Pacific Northwest fall festivals and pumpkin patches list we compile for you! As in the past, we’ve teamed up with Angela from Frugal Living NW to bring you a roundup of fall festivals, pumpkin patches and cider squeezes around the Northwest!
If you see an event that we missed, leave a comment & I’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Make sure to check out our list of the best places to check the autumn leaves around the Northwest, too ! And we have a list of reviews of Northwest Pumpkin Patches as well, to give you more details about local pumpkin patches.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Cider Squeezes
- Fall Festivals
- Pumpkin Patches in Western Washington
- Pumpkin Patches, Fall Festivals, Cider Squeezes in Western Oregon – head to Frugal Living NW
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Thursday evening!
- City of Steilacoom Annual Apple Squeeze – Steilacoom, WA; Sunday October 2nd – 10am to 4pm
- Cider Sunday in Tumwater, WA – The Falls Park, Tumwater; Sunday October 2nd, 10am – 4pm; Bring your own apples & containers for your cider & they will do the squeezing for you
- Meeker Mansion Annual Squeezing of the Apples – Puyallup, WA; October 8th – 10am to 4pm; they also have a small craft fair on site as well. They will have the apples & containers there for you & you’ll pay a fee for your cider.
- Issaquah Salmon Days Festival – Issaquah, WA; October 1st & 2nd, 10am – 6pm; Free admission; Live music, arts & crafts fair, & much more.
- Seattle Children’s Festival – Seattle Center, October 9th. Free admission; multicultural festival for kids with live performances, interactive workshops & hands-on activities & more.
- Remlinger Farms Fall Harvest Festival – Carnation, WA, September 24-25 and every weekend in October – 10 am to 6pm on weekends or you can check their schedule for weekday tours. Admission is $20.37, FREE for ages 12 months and younger. Corn maze, kiddie rides, petting zoo, pony rides, U-pick pumpkin patch, food & much more!
- Turkfest – Seattle Center House, Seattle; October 15th & 16th. Music & dance performances, kids activities, cooking demos, art exhibits & much more.
- Skagit Valley Festival of Farms – Skagit Valley area, October 1st & 2nd; Farm Tours, Gardening demos, kids activities, corn & hay mazes, & much more! Free admission & parking! Make sure to check out our Reader Review of the Festival of Farms here for more details & pictures!
- Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival (Muk Fest) – Mukilteo, September 9th – 11th; Free admission; Food, entertainment, fireworks, artists’ booths, & much more!
- Puget Sound Bird Fest – September 9th – 11th; educational activities for kids & adults, speakers, guided walks, land & water-based field trips & more. General admission is free, but there are some activities that do require a fee.
- Skagit Valley Giant Pumpkin Festival – September 24th, Christianson’s Nursery; Free admission (some activities do charge a fee); pony rides, face painting, toad races, carnival games, harvest food, music and more.
- Everett Sausage Festival – Everett; October 7th – 9th; 12pm – midnight Fri & Sat; 12pm – 7pm Sunday. Traditional Bavarian dinner & other food booths, arts & crafts booths, carnival rides, Bingo, kids games, & much more.
- Washington State Fair – Puyallup, WA; September 2nd – 25th (closed on Tuesdays); Free admission & other discount days available on schedule.
- Apple Festival at Lattin’s Country Cider Mill & Farm – Last weekend in September for Applefest & then every weekend in October – 9am – 5pm; no admission, $5/parking. Bluegrass music, petting farm, animal train, bobbing for apples & much more. Plus yummy apple treats & the best apple cider! Wagon rides out to their pumpkin patch where you can cut off your own pumpkin. (This is one of our favorite places to go in the fall! We love it there!)
- Annual Oktoberfest Northwest – Puyallup Fairgrounds, October 7th through 9th. Admission is free from noon-3pm on Friday and $12 after 3pm at the gate ($10 pre-sale), $12 at the gate on Saturday ($10 pre-sale), and $6 on Sunday. Kids 12 and under are free all weekend. Kids are only allowed till 7pm and after 7pm it is 21 and over only. Scavenger hunt for kids on Sat & Sun in the Root Bier garden with a prize for everyone while supplies last. Kids of all ages can get FREE airbrush tattoos from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday as well as take home a free pumpkin on Sunday (while supplies last).
- Fife Harvest Festival – Fife, WA; October 1st – 10:30am – 7:30pm; Free Admission; Hay rides, pumpkin bowling, live entertainment, arts & crafts, fireworks & more.
- Scarecrow Festival – Gig Harbor, WA, October 1st – 10 am to 4pm; FREE Admission. Some activities include a small fee and suggested $2/child donation for kidz zone and $6/child for pony ride. Carnival games, farm animals, live entertainment, hay & pony rides, hay maze, food & vendors & more!
- Green Tacoma Day – Saturday Oct 1st – 10am – 1pm; Volunteer time to help keep your local park beautiful.
- Harvest Fest at Norpoint – Friday October 14th; 5:30-7pm; Hands on Arts & Crafts; Carnival style games, live entertainment; FREE Admission.
- Tacoma Holiday Food and Gift Festival – Tacoma Dome; October 20th through 23rd; Admission is $14.50 for adults while kids 12 and under are free. One ticket gets you admission to ALL 4 days of the festival. $1.00 discount coupons are available on the website.
- Pierce County DIY Fest – Pierce College Puyallup (College Center building); October 29, 2016 – 11am – 4pm. Free admission. Bring a non-perishable for a food drive if you can. They will be celebrating all things DIY, with presentations, workshops, hands-on activities for everything such as handcrafts, sustainable living, cooking & home renovations to name a few.
Peninsula / Coast:
- Wooden Boat Festival – Port Townsend, WA; Sept 9th – 11th; 300 boats on land & water, presentations, exhibitors, live music, food court & more. There is a fee to get in.
- Harvest Celebration Farm Tour – Sequim, WA; October 1st; $10 for all 8 farms; Family activities, live music, food, community potluck at 6pm; barn dance in the evening
- Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival – Port Townsend, WA; October 7th through 9th ; FREE Admission. Cooking demos with celebrity chefs, exhibits, numerous food stations & more.
*For more information on local pumpkin patches, check out all the ideas from the Thrifty NW Mom Facebook Fans a few years ago!
- Thomas Farm – Snohomish, WA – Make sure to check out our review of Thomas Farm Pumpkin Patch
- BelleWood Acres – Lynden, WA (U-Pick Apple Orchard & Pumpkin Patch)
- Stoney Ridge Farm – Everson,WA **
- Dugualla Bay Farms – Oak Harbor, WA
- Gordon Skagit Farms – Mt Vernon, WA
- Schuh Farms – Mt Vernon, WA
- Foster’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm – Arlington, WA
- Carleton Farm – Lake Stevens, WA **
- Biringer Farms – Marysville/Everett, WA
- Bob’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm – Snohomish, WA **
- Craven Farm – Snohomish, WA **
- The Farm at Swan’s Trail – Snohomish, WA **
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA **
- Fairbank Farm – Edmonds, WA **
- Bailey’s Farm – Snohomish, WA – here’s a review of the Bailey’s Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Carpinito Brothers Farm –Kent, WA ** Check out our review of the Carpinito Brothers Farm pumpkin patch
- Trinity Tree Farms Pumpkin Patch – Issaquah, WA – check out Sia’s review of this fun patch
- Jubilee Farm Pumpkin Patch – Carnation, WA – here’s a review of the Jubilee Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Jubilee Farm – Carnation, WA **
- Oxbow Farm – Carnation, WA – Open Saturday and Sundays in October
- Remlinger Farms – Carnation, WA **
- Serres Farm – Kent, WA
- Thomasson Family Farm – Enumclaw, WA – Check out this review of Thomasson Family Farm pumpkin patch
- Maris Farms – Buckley, WA ** (this is one of my personal favorites for the amount of activities they offer –Jen!)
- Ziemke Farm Fresh Produce – Zillah, WA – Hay Rides & Corn Maze.
- Picha Farms – Puyallup, WA
- Scholz Farm – Orting, WA ** Make sure to check out our review of Scholz Pumpkin Patch – another favorite of ours, especially for the preschool crowd!
- Spooner Farms – Orting/Sumner, WA ** (we also love Spooners!!)
- Double R Farms – Puyallup, WA – Check out a review of Double R Farms
- Hunter’s Pumpkin Patch – Olympia, WA **
- Schilter Family Farm – Olympia, WA
- Lattin’s Country Cider Mill & Farm – Olympia, WA ** This is the place to go if you want to cut your pumpkin off the vine – lots of fun at this location! Plus the best apple cider donuts!
- Parkerosa Farms – Chehalis, WA
Peninsula / Coast:
- Hunter Farms – Union, WA – Check out this review of Hunter Farms pumpkin patch
- Creek House Farm – Pt Orchard, WA – Here’s a review of Creek House Farm Pumpkin Patch
- Pumpkin Patch Sequim– Sequim, WA
- Shaffner Farms – Montessano, WA
** – These are farms that were originally recommended by TNWM Facebook Fans
Don’t forget to check out our reviews of fall festivals and pumpkin patches around the Northwest!
If you see a fall festival, cider squeeze or pumpkin patch we’re missing, make sure to leave a comment & let us know. We’d love to know which ones you’ve checked out & which are your favorites! And don’t forget you can submit a review of a pumpkin patch or fall activity & earn a $10 Amazon gift card if we use the review.