It’s that time of year for fall festivals, pumpkin patches and apple cider! As in the past, we’ve teamed up with Angela from Frugal Living NW and Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a roundup of fall festivals, pumpkin patches and cider squeezes around the Northwest!
If you see an event that we missed, leave a comment & I’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
I will be highlighting some of our family’s favorite pumpkin patches over the next few weeks, along with pictures of some of the activities & information about what you’ll find at those locations & what we liked best about the locations. Since we do live in the South Sound, most of our favorites are down around this area since we haven’t had time to venture to too many other areas. So, I would love to be able to feature some of your favorite locations in other areas, with fun pictures of your family enjoying the activities. If you’d like to contribute to our favorite Pumpkin Patch feature, email me at thriftynwmom (at) hotmail (dot) com. If you’re a blogger, you could have a short bio & link to your blog included as well.
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches around Western Washington (from Whatcom County to Centralia/Chehalis Area)
- Frugal Living NW – Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches around Western Oregon and Southwest Washington
- Happy Moneysaver – Fall Festivals & Pumpkin Patches for Eastern Washington and Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best free or frugal ($5 or less) family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning! Check out the full list of fun & frugal family events from previous weeks.
- City of Steilacoom Annual Apple Squeeze – Steilacoom, WA; October 2nd – 10am to 4pm;
- Meeker Mansion Annual Squeezing of the Apples – (this link is good, not sure why it’s showing a line thru it); Puyallup, WA; October 8th – 10am to 4pm; Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for students and seniors and $2 for children.
- Fremont Oktoberfest – Seattle, WA; September, 23rd through 25th – 11am to midnight; Free Admission (Must pay to access the Tasting Garden)
- Fall Harvest Farm Tour – King County (East); September 24th – 10am to 4pm; Free Admission; Corn mazes, pumpkin patches, Farm animals, kids activities & more.
- Duvall Heritage Festival – Duvall, WA; September 24th – 10am to 4pm; Free Admission
- Fall Harvest Farm Tour – Vashon Island, WA; September 25th – 10am to 4pm; Free admission; Corn mazes, pumpkin patches, farm animals, kids activities & more.
- Issaquah Salmon Days Festival – Issaquah, WA; October 1st & 2nd 10am – 6pm; Free admission
- Harvest Festival – Bothell, WA; October 8th through 9th – 11am to 5pm; FREE Admission
- Remlinger Farms Fall Harvest Festival – Carnation, WA, September 24th through October 30th – 10 am to 6pm. Admission is $15.25, $13.00 for seniors and disabled, FREE for ages 12 months and younger. Special online deal: If you buy online, you will get a free ticket to use in May 2012.
- Annual Harvest Jubilee – Stanwood, Camano Island and Silvana, WA; September 24th – 10am to 5pm; Free Admission
- Harvest Festival & Pumpkin Patch – Burlington, WA September 24th – 11am to 4pm; Free admission
- Fall Harvest Farm Tour – Pierce County, WA – October 1st – 10am to 4pm; FREE Admission
- Annual Oktoberfest Northwest – Puyallup Fairgrounds, October 7th through 9th – Admission is $10 per adult on Friday after 3pm and all day Saturday. On Sunday admission is ½ price and kids are FREE all weekend.
- Scarecrow Festival – Gig Harbor, WA, October 8th – 11am to 5pm; FREE Admission
- Tacoma Holiday Food and Gift Festival – Tacoma Dome; October 19th through 23rd ; Admission for adults is $13.50, seniors/military/juniors is $12.50 and kids under 10 are FREE. One ticket gets you admission to ALL 5 days of the festival. $1.00 discount coupons are available on the website.
Peninsula / Coast:
- Family Fun Fall Fest – Sequim, WA; Sunday September 25th from 1-4pm
- Old Mill Days – Port Gamble, WA – September 30th through October 2nd – Admission is $5.00. Children 8 and under are FREE. Discount admission on Sunday for seniors and active duty military.
- Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival – Port Townsend, WA; October 8th through 9th ; FREE Admission
- Harvest Hootenanny – Port Orchard, WA; October 15th – 11am to 2pm; FREE Admission
- BelleWood Acres – Lynden, WA
- Stoney Ridge Farm – Everson,WA **
- Dugualla Bay Farms – Oak Harbor, WA
- Jones Creek Farms – Sedro Woolley, WA
- Gordon Skagit Farms – Mt Vernon, WA
- Schuh Farms – Mt Vernon, WA
- Foster’s Pumpkin Farm – Arlington, WA
- Carleton Farm – Lake Stevens, WA **
- Biringer Farms – Marysville/Everett, WA – I can’t find specific details on their website, but I know they’ve had their pumpkin patch for a number of years. **
- Bob’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Farm – Snohomish, WA **
- Craven Farm – Snohomish, WA **
- The Farm at Swan’s Trail – Snohomish, WA **
- Stocker Farms – Snohomish, WA **
- Fairbank Farm – Edmonds, WA **
- Dr. Maze’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm – Redmond, WA
- Jubilee Farm – Carnation, WA **
- Oxbow Farm – Carnation, WA – Open Saturday and Sundays in October
- Camp Korey at Carnation Farm – Carnation, WA; Corn maze, pumpkin patch, hayrides. Print a $1 off coupon online. To benefit Camp Korey, a camp for children with serious illnesses. **
- Remlinger Farms – Carnation, WA **
- Fall City Farms – Fall City, WA
- Encisco Family Farms – Renton, WA
- Serena Farms – Kent, WA
- Serres Farm – Kent, WA
- Carpinito Brothers Farm –Kent, WA **
- Thomasson Family Farm – Enumclaw, WA **
- Maris Farms – Buckley, WA **
- Picha Farms – Puyallup, WA
- Scholz Farm – Orting, WA **
- Spooner Farms – Orting/Sumner, WA **
- Hunter’s Pumpkin Patch – Olympia, WA **
- Rutledge Corn Maze – Olympia, WA **
- Schilter Family Farm – Olympia, WA
- Lattin’s Country Cider Mill & Farm – Olympia, WA
- Parkerosa Farms – Chehalis, WA
Peninsula / Coast:
- Creek House Farm – Pt Orchard, WA
- Pheasant Fields Farm – Silverdale, WA
- Sunrise Hill Farm – Kingston, WA
- Hunter Farms – Union, WA **
- Pumpkin Patch Sequim– Sequim, WA
- Sequim Pumpkin Patch – Carlsborg, WA
- Shaffner Farms – Montessano, WA
So, what’s on your list to check out this year! What are your favorite festivals around the Northwest? Let us know if there are any great festivals or pumpkin patches we should add to our list for Western Washington!