My girls absolutely love blueberries, they just can’t get enough of them in the summertime. I love the fact that they are just so good for you, so we really stock up on blueberries & try to find local places where we can pick them to get even more. With blueberry picking season upon us, I thought this would be the perfect time to share a favorite family recipe that my grandma made for years & my aunt now makes for summertime gatherings with the family. It is my absolute favorite blueberry pie recipe and it’s really quite simple to make!
- Graham Cracker Crust (I just buy the pre-made crust but you can make your own too)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup of whipping cream (or Cool Whip)
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1. Put graham cracker crust into pie pan.
2. Mix together 3 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar & 1 cup of whipping cream (can use Cool Whip in place of whipping cream).
3. Layer this mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
4. Cook the blueberries by heating up 1 cup of blueberries with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Boil for 3-4 minutes & stir regularly.
5. Strain the cooked blueberries and put the strained liquid back into the saucepan on low.
6. Place the cooked blueberries on top of the cream cheese/sugar/whipped cream layer in the pie pan.
7. Combine the strained blueberry liquid with 2/3 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp cornstarch and 1/2 tsp cinnamon on the stove while stirring. Stir well until it’s thickened on low-medium heat.
8. Spoon this blueberry glaze over the blueberries in the pie pan.
4. Place in the fridge to cool. It’s best if you serve this recipe on the day that it is made as it’s so delicious when it’s fresh!
Enjoy! Let us know if you make this & how it turns out! We love to serve this with vanilla ice cream!