Oatmeal Raisin Granola Bars
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Scant 1 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/2 cups toasted coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the oats, oil and butter.
- Spread the mixture onto two baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes, shaking frequently.
- Put the oat mixture back into the bowl.
- Reduce the heat to 325 degrees.
- Line one of the baking sheets with tinfoil and grease with cooking spray.
- Add the cereal, coconut and raisins to mixture in the bowl, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, and molasses.
- Heat the mixture slowly, stirring to combine.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Pour the liquid over the granola mixture and toss to coat well.
- Dump the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and press down with the back of a spatula. Sprinkle to the top with chocolate chips and/or walnuts as desired, pressing gently into the granola mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit for 20 minutes. Then carefully lift the granola bars from pan using the tinfoil.
- Set the entire piece (with tinfoil) onto a cooling rack and cool for one hour.
- Store in a sealed container for about 1 week.
Here are a few more breakfast ideas if you’re interested and you can find a list of all of our favorite recipe ideas too in our Recipe Database:
Let us know what you think if you try these out!