Easy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crunch
If you’re looking for a new dish to try for Christmas dinner this year or just to have a yummy comfort food on these cold winter evenings, you’ll want to try out this easy Sweet Potato casserole with a crunchy pecan topping . This recipe is fairly different from the typical Sweet Potato recipes you might see at a holiday dinner. I have never been a fan personally of the sweet potato dish with marshmallow topping and for years as a kid, I wasn’t willing to try my mom’s Sweet Potato dish that she always makes every year. But just a few years ago, I finally decided to try her Sweet Potato dish and knew right then that I had been missing out all those years.
I love that this Sweet Potato casserole has a crunchy topping of pecans on top of the yummy goodness of the sweet potato filling, which is what makes it more unique and just adds to the flavor!
Easy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crunch Topping
Printable Recipe for Easy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crunch Topping:
Here’s a printable version of the Easy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crunch recipe for you to print off to put in your recipe binder or notebook.Print
- 1 large can of cooked yams (or 3 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Add sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, eggs, butter and vanilla together into a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together topping ingredients: brown sugar, softened butter, flour, & pecans
- Once it’s all mixed together, pour into a 9×14 greased casserole dish.
- Crumble topping mix on top of sweet potato mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
More Recipes for the Holidays:
Ham, Egg & Cheese Wreath & Bacon-Wrapped Sausage – Christmas Breakfast
Chex Mix Muddy Buddies – Christmas version