Apple Smoothie Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I use every opportunity to enjoy those delicious fall flavors during the autumn months. So, I love this apple smoothie recipe that tastes just like an apple pie! Dessert for breakfast – yes please! But a healthier alternative to dessert with this filling apple smoothie that will keep you satisfied & give you a little bit of that sweetness in the morning, too!
This green apple smoothie is full of great nutrients and it’s so easy to make in 5 minutes or less! You can prep these ingredients ahead of time, too, if you want to freeze the apple juice into ice cube trays & then add all the ingredients in a ziploc bag & put it in the freezer. Then just pop them all in the blender with your milk & blend! Such a fast, healthy option for breakfast on a fall morning!
Apple Smoothie Recipe:
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored and cut into wedges)
- ¾ cup Milk of choice (we like to use an unsweetened almond milk)
- ¼ cup Apple Juice
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar or Sweetener of choice (optional)
- 1 cup Ice Cubes
- ¼ cup Rolled Oats
Add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse for 1-2 minutes until ingredients start to break down.
Blend on high for another 30 seconds to a minute, until there are no chunks left and everything is completely smooth.
Serve immediately and top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and crushed pecans/walnuts or granola.
*Granny Smith apples tend to give this Green Apple smoothie the best flavor with the combo of sweet & tart, but you can use other apples, too, if you don’t have Granny Smith apples.
*For a substitute for apples, you can use 2 cups of apple sauce in place of the apples.
*If you don’t want to use apple juice, substitute the milk of your choice. You will use 1 cup of milk instead of 3/4 cup. If you also want to add in protein powder, use up to 1/2 cup more of milk (milk substitute). Or swap out the milk for a premier protein drink or other packaged protein drink. You can then add in more protein & vitamins into your shake.
A few topping ideas for your smoothie include:
- Whipped cream
- Dry Oats
- Caramel Sauce – try our DIY Caramel sauce with your smoothie!
Printable Recipe for Apple Smoothie Recipe:
Here’s a printable version of the Apple Pie Smoothie recipe for you to print off to put in your recipe binder or notebook.Print
2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored and cut into wedges)
¾ cup Milk of choice
¼ cup Apple Juice
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Brown Sugar or Sweetener of choice (optional)
1 cup Ice Cubes
¼ cup Rolled Oats
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and pulse for 1-2 minutes until ingredients start to break down.
- Blend on high for another 30 seconds to a minute, until there are no chunks left and everything is completely smooth.
- Serve immediately and top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and crushed pecans/walnuts or granola.
More Fall Recipes to Try: