The Seattle Mariners are holding their Annual Mariners Fan Fest 2013 this weekend on Saturday January 26th and Sunday January 27th from 11am – 4pm. This sounds like a fun family day celebrating the upcoming Mariners season & getting to meet some players & get behind-the-scenes tours. Admission costs are $10 / person and kids 14 and under are free. If you’re willing to walk a little bit, you could find free parking, too, on side streets instead of paying the high parking costs.
Here are some of the fun activities you can take part in during Mariners Fan Fest:
- Greet current & past Mariner players & get autographs & photos
- Tour the Mariners clubhouse
- Run the bases
- Try to hit against a simulated Felix Hernandez fast pitch
- Play catch in the outfield (make sure to bring your glove!)
- Ride on a Zipline – a 200 foot ride across the outfield (I’m thinking this will most likely be an extra cost, though)
- Mariners Kids Zone – face painters, carnival games, prize wheel & more
- Boeing Dugout Dialogue – Question & Answer Time with players & coaches
- Throw pitches in the bullpen
- Greet the Mariners Moose & get a picture or autograph
We’re thinking of heading there for our first time this weekend to check it out as my dad’s visiting from out of town. If you’ve been before, do you have any tips on how early to get there and what your favorite parts are to check out?