The Seattle Mariners are holding their Annual Mariners Fan Fest 2016 this weekend on Saturday January 30th and Sunday January 31st from 11am – 4pm. This is a fun family day celebrating the upcoming Mariners season & getting to meet some players & get behind-the-scenes tours. They also have added quite a few more activities for kids – Zipline, Climbing Wall, Giant Inflatable Slide & Obstacle Course, plus a special kids area with face painting, autographs with the Mariners Moose & more!
Admission costs are $10 / person and kids 14 and under are free. You can pay $5 for parking if you pay in advance at the Mariners website or it will be $10 on the day of the event. If you’re willing to walk a little bit, you could find free parking, too, on side streets. Make sure to check out my Mariners Fan Fest Tips and Review with information on the best events to go to and tips on navigating Fan Fest!
Here are some of the fun activities you can take part in during Mariners Fan Fest:
- Greet current & past Mariner players & get autographs & photos
- Tour the Mariners clubhouse
- Try the Home Run Challenge
- Root Sports Virtual TV Broadcast (my girls did this & they loved “being on tv” and it was fun to take home the video)
- Run the bases
- Snap a photo of yourself letting an “arrow” fly like Fernando Rodney, closer
- Take a few swings in the batting cages
- Ride on a Zipline – a 200 foot ride across the outfield
- Climb on the Rock Climbing Wall (I think this is new this year!)
- Kids can slide on the Big Inflatable Slide
- Home Run Obstacle Course (Inflatable) for little kids
- Mariners Kids Zone – face painters, carnival games, prize wheel & more
- Boeing Dugout Dialogue – Question & Answer Time with players & coaches
- Picture or Autograph with the Mariners Moose
We checked the Mariners Fan Fest out a few years ago & it was definitely one of our favorite activities of the year. Our whole family had a blast and we’d love to go again if our schedule would make it work! It really is a great way to get to experience all that the Mariners have to offer and enjoy the behind the scenes time to see how everything operates and get to know the players better!