Saturday, September 28th, is the Smithsonian FREE Museum Day! As part of Museum Day Live!, you can get 2 FREE museum tickets (1 for you & and a guest) into one of MANY participating NW Museums – you just need to sign up while tickets are available and they will email you a link to get your FREE printable coupon to bring with you to the museum.
Details on the Free Museum Days From Smithsonian:
- Only an official Museum Day Live! ticket is eligible for free entry. Official tickets can be found here on the Museum Day Live! website soon.
- One ticket per household, for two people.
- A ticket will gain entry to only one of the participating museums, excluding parking and special events and exhibits.
- If museum reaches capacity, museum has the right to limit the number of guests until space becomes available.
Find a participating Museum – there are LOTS of museums in both Oregon & Washington, including some of the Children’s Museums as well. You’ll find museums all over the country. What a great way to check out a new museum together as a family.
There are LOTS of great options for the Washington & Oregon areas. Some ideas include:
- Historic Fort Steilacoom - Lakewood
- Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum - Kent
- Kids Discovery Museum - Bainbridge Island
- KidsQuest Children’s Museum - Bellevue
- EMP Museum - Seattle
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum - Tacoma
- Museum of Glass - Tacoma
- World Forestry Center Discovery Museum - Portland
- Yaquina Pacific Railroad Historical Society - Toledo
And many MORE!!