We’ve teamed up for the 3rd year in a row with local bloggers, Angela from Frugal Living NW & Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a list of all the summer fairs & festivals for Washington & Oregon for 2013.
There are a number of 4th of July events happening in almost every community & I only listed a few of the larger events, so make sure to check with your own community to see what they have going on.
If you’re looking for more ideas for fun family activities around the Northwest , make sure to check out our Summer Page with links to park reviews, vacation spots, frugal family events and more. Plus you’ll want to check out our massive Staycation -Things to Do in Seattle post with all sorts of ideas for all around Seattle!
If you see an event that I missed, leave a comment & I’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Festivals & Fairs around the Puget Sound area (from Whatcom County – Lewis County)
- Frugal Living NW - Festivals & Fairs for southwest Washington & western Oregon
- Happy Moneysaver – Festivals & Fairs for central/eastern Washington and central/eastern Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best frugal family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning!
- Bellevue Strawberry Festival - Sat 6/22 from 10am – 8pm; Sun 6/23 from 10 am – 5 pm; Crossroads Park in Bellevue; Entertainment, Auto Show, Vendors, Food, & lots of Family Fun
- Auburn Kids Day - Friday 6/21 from 11am – 4pm; Les Gove Park; Live entertainment, inflatable rides, arts & crafts, food & much more
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival - Sat June 30th – Thurs July 4th; Lake Union park; Free admission, free boat ride, food, music & more
- Fireworks at Emerald Downs - July 3rd; Auburn; Come for the day & enjoy the races (only adults will pay admission) or just come after the races to enjoy the fireworks for free. Reservations strongly recommended. Kids activities such as Face Painters, Airbrush Face Painter, Glitter Tattoos, Caricaturist, Wax Hands & Bounce House (weather permitting).
- Seattle’s Family 4th of July Event - held at Gasworks Park with fireworks viewed over Lake Union. They are still determining events for this day as it was just recently brought back with funding in April, 2013. Keep an eye on this page for the Family 4th to find out their schedule for family-friendly events during the day & the fireworks schedule at night (typically begins around 10pm).
- Kent Cornucopia Days - July 12th – 15th; Street fair, Dragon Boat races, Farmers Market & more
- West Seattle SummerFest - July 12th – 14th; free 3 day street fair; arts & crafts, shopping, live music, local food, kids play area & more
- Pioneer Square Fire Festival - July 13th, Occidental Square, Enjoy antique fire engines, police cars, bagpipes, and kids’ activities.
- Redmond Derby Days - July 13th – 15th
- Chinatown International District DragonFest - July 14th & 15th; Seattle; Includes Japanese drumming, Chinese Martial Arts, Filipino dancing, Lion & Dragon Dances, Live Entertainment, Food, Karaoke & more.
- Bite of Seattle - July 19th – 21st; Seattle Center; free admission. A chance to sample 50+ Seattle-area restaurants offerings, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations & more.
- White Center Jubilee Days - July 13th – 21st. This includes a street fair, carnival, car show, parade, garden tour, fireworks & more
- Seafair - Seafair officially kicks off on June 21st at Westlake Center. The main festival takes place August 2nd – 4th; Boeing Airshow, Hydroplane races & much more. Seafair events start as early as the SeaFair Pirates Landing on July 6th on Alki Beach, though, with events continuing all of July including the Torchlight Parade & Events on Saturday July 27th.
- Covington Days - July 20th – 22nd (doesn’t show ending date on website, but it was 3 days last year); Covington;
- Vashon Island Strawberry Festival - July 20th – 22nd
- Enumclaw Street Fair - July 20th & 21st; street fair, entertainment, food, carnival
- Renton River Days - July 27th – 29th; Entertainment, Art show & art market, food, kids zone, quilt show & more
- Bellevue Festival of the Arts & Sixth Street Fair - July 27th – 29th; Bellevue; free admission, outdoor show
- Scottish Highland Games - July 27th – 29th; Enumclaw
- King County Fair - August 2nd – 5th, Enumclaw
- Lake City Pioneer Days - Saturday August 4th; parade, street fair, salmon bake & more
- SLU 2013 Block Party - August 9th- Free, South Lake Union; Beer garden, burger grilling competition, food sampling, children’s play area, movies and more.
- Festival of Mt Si - August 10th – 12th; North Bend
- Auburn Good Ol’ Days - August 10th – 12th, Auburn
- Snoqualmie Railroad Days - August 17th – 19th; Snoqualmie
- Renton Art & Antique Walk - August 25th; Renton
- Bumbershoot – Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival - August 31st – September 2nd; Seattle Center. This is Seattle’s popular music & arts festival over Labor Day weekend, which features the best in music, film, comedy, dance, theater, visual arts & more. They also have a “Youngershoot” Festival for kids, which is put on by the Children’s Museum of Seattle with indoor & outdoor activities for kids ages 10 & under
- Meeker Days Festival – June 21st – 23rd; Puyallup ; Arts & Crafts show, Classi Car Show and Antique Tractor Show, Farmer’s Market, children’s Zone , Teen Zone & more!
- Tacoma Freedom Fair - July 6th – Tacoma Narrows Airport – air show, car show & motorcycle show; 4th of July – Ruston Way – fireworks, air show, vendors, food, entertainment & more.
- Art on the Ave Street Festival- July 14th; Tacoma; artists’ booths, kids zone, entertainment, & more.
- Pacific Days - July 12th – 14th; kids parade Friday night; Grand parade Saturday & more
- Gig Harbor Summer Arts Festival - July 20th & 21st
- Proctor Arts Fest - August 3rd; Tacoma
- Renaissance Faire - August 3-4, 10-11, 17-18; Bonney Lake
- Pierce County Fair - August 8th-11th; Graham
- Commencement Bay Maritime Fest - August 24th and 25th; Tacoma
- Puyallup Fair/Western Washington State Fair – September 6th – 22nd; Puyallup
- Marysville Strawberry Festival - June 8th – 16th; Tons of events including a Kiddie Parade, Berry Run, Strawberry Shortcake Eating contest, Carnival, Grand parade on Sat 6/15 & more
- Mill Creek Festival - July 13th & 14th; kids corner, arts & crafts, entertainment
- Darrington Bluegrass Festival - July 19th – 21st
- Kla Ha Ya Days - July 17th – 21st; Snohomish; car show, carnival, parade
- Lake Stevens Aquafest – July 26th – 28th
- Stanwood- Camano Fair - August 2nd – 4th, Stanwood
- Marysville Homegrown Festival - August 9th – 11th
- Taste of Edmonds – August 9th – 11th
- Stillaguamish Festival of the River & Pow Wow - August 10th & 11th; Arlington
- Evergreen State Fair - August 22nd – September 2nd; Monroe
- Skagit Valley Highland Games – July 13th & 14th; Mt Vernon
- Bite of Skagit - Saturday July 27th - 12 – 4pm
- Anacortes Arts Festival - August 2nd – 4th
- Skagit County Fair – August 7th – 10th; Mt Vernon
- Coupeville Arts & Crafts Festival - August 10th & 11th
- Island County Fair - August 14th – 17th; Langley
San Juan County:
- San Juan Island Street Fair and 12th Annual Lavender Festival - July 20th & 21st
- San Juan County Fair - August 15th – 18th; Friday Harbor
- Northwest Raspberry Festival - July 19th & 20th , Lynden
- Art 2 Jazz Street Fair & Jazz Festival - July 13th; Blaine, 11 am – 4pm – arts & crafts festival along with free jazz concerts all afternoon
- Birch Bays Discovery Days - July 20th & 21st; Birch Bay- parade, arts & crafts fair, food vendors & more
- Mt Baker Blues Festival - August 2nd – 4th Bellingham
- Northwest Washington Fair – August 12th – 17th; Lynden
- Capitol Lake Fair – July 17th – 21st; Olympia
- Thurston County Fair - July 31st – August 4th; Lacey
- Sand in the City – August 23rd – 25th; Olympia
- Olympia Harbor Days - August 30th- September 1st
- Southwest Washington Fair - August 13th – 18th; Chehalis
- Chehails Garlic Festival & Craft Show - August 23rd – 25th
- Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival - July 26th – 28th, Kingston
- Kitsap County Fair & Stampede - August 21st – 25th; Bremerton
- Bremerton Blackberry Festival – August 31st – September 2nd
Grays Harbor County:
- Grays Harbor County Fair – August 7th – 11th; Elma
- Mason Area Fair & Rodeo – July 26th – 28th; Shelton
- Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Festival – July 28th- August 4th
- Sequim Lavender Fair - July 19th – 21st; Sequim; 7 lavender farms on tour & a street fair
- Washington Music Festival - July 20th, 2pm ; Port Angeles
- Clallam County Fair – August 15th – 18th; Port Angeles
- Washington State International Kite Festival – August 19th – 25th; Long Beach
- Pacific County Fair - August 21st – 24th; Menlo