We’ve teamed up for the 4th year in a row with local bloggers, Angela from Frugal Living NW & Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a list of all the summer fairs & festivals for Washington & Oregon for 2015.
There are a number of 4th of July events happening in almost every community & I only listed a few of the larger events, so make sure to check with your own community to see what they have going on.
If you’re looking for more ideas for fun family activities around the Northwest , make sure to check out these pages:
- Summer Page with links to vacation spots, frugal family events and more
- Staycation -Things to Do in Seattle post with all sorts of ideas for all around Seattle
- Weekly Free & Frugal Family Events List – this is updated every week Thursday night, with all the best free or frugal events happening around the NW
- Park Reviews – Check out these reviews of parks around the Northwest!
- Kids Eat Free List – Find a list of locations around the Puget Sound & around the country with Kids Eat free programs, organized by night of the week
- Pacific NW Travel Reviews/Ideas
- Weekly Budget Friendly Northwest Getaways
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Festivals & Fairs around the Puget Sound area (from Whatcom County – Lewis County)
- Frugal Living NW – Festivals & Fairs for southwest Washington & western Oregon
- Happy Moneysaver – Festivals & Fairs for central/eastern Washington and central/eastern Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best frugal family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning!
- Bellevue Strawberry Festival – Sat 6/27 from 10am – 8pm; Sun 6/28 from 10 am – 6 pm; Crossroads Park in Bellevue; Entertainment, Auto Show, Vendors, Food, & lots of Family Fun
- Auburn Kids Day – Friday 6/19 from 11am – 4pm; FREE Les Gove Park; Live entertainment, inflatables, rides, arts & crafts, food & much more
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival – July 3rd – 5th, 2015 10am – 6pm; Lake Union park; Free admission, free boat ride, food, music & more
- Fireworks at Emerald Downs – July 3rd; Auburn; Come early to enjoy the races and grab a seat. Fireworks start approx 30 minutes after the final race. Gates open approx 30 minutes before the first simulcast race, with EmD post time of 4:30 pm (tentatively).
- Seattle’s Family 4th of July Event – Gas Works Park noon to 11pm or South Lake Union Park 3pm to 11pm. Both locations are FREE to the public and also feature reserved seating available for purchases. Both locationas will have live entertainment, food booths, and more. The day ends with the Western Display Fireworks over Lake Union.
- Kent Cornucopia Days – July 9th – 12th; Street fair, Dragon Boat races, Farmers Market, Parade & more
- West Seattle SummerFest – July 10th -12th; 10am-6pm on Friday and Saturday (the California Stage and Beer Garden stay open later), 11am-5pm on Sunday. Entertainment, shopping, and lots of fun for kids. FREE admission.
- Redmond Derby Days – July 10th & 11th. Community races and contests, parades, Dash 5K, pancake breakfast, carnival, entertainment, and more.
- Chinatown International District DragonFest – July 11th & 12th; Seattle; non-stop cultural performances including Dragon and Lion dances, Japanese taiko drumming, martial arts demonstrations, the Chinese Girls Drill Team, and much, much, more. They will also have the 5th Annual $2 Food Walk with over 40 restaurants offering a wide array of international $2 bites!
- Bite of Seattle – July 17th – 19th; Seattle Center; FREE admission. A chance to sample 50+ Seattle-area restaurants offerings, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations & more. We went to this a few years ago & had a blast trying out yummy foods but it was very crowded & not the easiest to maneuver around the crowds with kids, so this may be more fun for a date night! (Jen)
- White Center Jubilee Days – July 15th – 19th. Enjoy a Dance-a-Thon, Garden Tour, Fireworks, Carnival, Car Show, Parade, Robotics Competition, and more!
- Seafair – June 10th – August 16th. Seattle’s traditional summer festival. A month-long, region-wide barbecue, that brings an entire community together in celebration. Events include a Rock ‘N Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon, Seafair Triathalon, Sefair Torchlight Night, and much more!
- Covington Days – July 18th – 19th; Covington; Parade at 10am on Saturday, carnival games, inflatables, face painting, live entertainment, watermelon eating contest, food, and more!
- Vashon Island Strawberry Festival – July 17th – 19th; Grand parade, classic car show and parade, live music, vendor booths, local artists, street dances, pancake breakfasts, beer garden, fun run, children’s activities, and more!
- King County Fair – July 16th – 19th, Enumclaw; Carnival rides and games, fair food, exhibits, animals, shopping, live entertainment, beer and wine garden, and more!
- Enumclaw Rotary Street Fair – July 24th & 25th 10am-7pm; Kidz Zone rides & games, live music, artisan craft vendors, children and family activities, delicious food, 5K run, kids dash, and more!
- Renton River Days – July 24th – 26th; Kids activities, arts & crafts, recreation, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Bellevue Festival of the Arts & Sixth Street Fair – July 24th – 26th Friday& Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 10am-6pm.; Bellevue; free admission, Arts and crafts, hands-on activities, food booths, and more!
- Scottish Highland Games – July 24th – 26th; Enumclaw. Friday, 5:#0-11pm (Friday evening events are free admission and open to the public), Saturday 8am-11pm, Sunday 8am-5:30pm. Adults $17 or one day or $25 for two days. Seniors 60 and over $12 for one day or $18 for two days. Military $12 for one day or $18 for two days (must show military ID). Children 5-17 $12 for one day or $18 for two days. Children under 5 are FREE. Cash transactions only. Day of Games tickets after 4pm half price. Parking is $5 per day.
- Lake City Salmon Fest – August 7th – 9th. Entertainment, hand-made crafts, food booths, and an un-paralleled Salmon Bake. Lake City Parade will take place on festival weekend on August 8th at 7pm.
- SLU 2015 Block Party – Friday August 7th 11am-11pm – FREE, South Lake Union; Beer garden, burger grilling competition, food sampling, children’s play area, movies and more.
- Festival of Mt Si – August 7th – 9th; FREE admission. Shopping, arts and crafts, food booths, beer garden, and two stages with live performances.
- Auburn Good Ol’ Days – August 14th – 16th, Auburn; Food vendors, commercial vendors, arts and crafts, 5K fun run (includes diner), pancake breakfasts, book drive, classic car shows, and more!
- Snoqualmie Railroad Days – August 14th – 16th; Snoqualmie; Entertainment stages, vendors, grand parade, children’s field of fun, timber sports demos, food and rink venues, pancake breakfast, train rides, and more.
- Renton Art & Antique Walk – TBA.
- Bumbershoot – Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival – September 5th – 7th; Seattle Center. This is Seattle’s popular music & arts festival over Labor Day weekend, which features the best in music, film, comedy, dance, theater, visual arts & more. Tickets and VIP packages are available for purchase on the website. They also have a “Youngershoot” Festival for kids, which is put on by the Children’s Museum of Seattle with indoor & outdoor activities for kids ages 10 & under.
- Meeker Days Festival – June 19th – 21st; Puyallup ; Activities will be listed later in the month of May.
- Tacoma Freedom Fair – July 4th – Freedom Fair takes place all along Ruston Way waterfront. Pedestrian access is from four entry points. Park free at the Tacoma Dome Station or at Tacoma Community Collection and take the Freedom Fair Express Bus for hassle-free access. Admission is donation based with suggested amounts. Events include Wings & Wheels, Airshow, Music, Fireworks, International Marketplace, Kids Fun, Car Show, BMX Bike Show, Food Booths, and more.
- Art on the Ave Street Festival– July 12th; Tacoma; artists’ booths, kids zone, entertainment, & more.
- Pacific Days – July 10th -12th; Music, Craft Vendors, & Food Vendors everyday. Kids parade on Friday from 4-9pm. Saturday from 11am-9pm you’ll experience the Grand Parade, raffles, car bash, inflatables, dunk tank, kids games, and more. Sunday from 11am-4pm will feature raffles, a pooch parade, and more.
- Gig Harbor Summer Arts Festival – July 18th & 19th; More than 120 artists showcasing and selling their work. Musicians and food vendors are also featured. Proceeds from the Art Festival provide art scholarships for local students and PAL members.
- Proctor Arts Fest – Saturday August 1st; Tacoma; 10am – 5:30pm. Free admission. Enjoy more than 150 art and craft vendors, three stages of music and entertainment (one being designated a Family Stage which is organized by the Tacoma Public Library), a kids area with participation by the Metropolitan Park District, a Farmers’ Market, a dog fashion show and parade, a merchants sidewalk sale, and more.
- Renaissance Faire – August 1-2, 8-9, 115-16; at the Kelley Farm (Bonney Lake). Hours are 10am-7pm. Tickest are available online or at the Towne Gate on the day of the show. Parking is free and children under 5 are free. Adult tickets start at $18 and children tickets start at $12. Discounts are available for families and for multi-day tickets. Tickets are good for any one of the three weekends.
- Pierce County Fair – August 6th – 9th; Graham. Admission for Adults, Children 6-15, and Seniors is $5. Parking is $5 and Camping is $65. The fair is open 10am-10pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and 10am-6pm on Sunday. Thursday is Family Day. Children (6-15) admitted for $1 dollar with donation of non-perishable food item & Adults/Seniors receive a $1 discount off of admission with the donation of a non-perishable food item. Visit the website for a coupon for Thursday. Sunday is Military Day. Members of the Armed Forces are admitted free in uniform or upon presentation of their military identification.
- Puyallup Fair/Western Washington State Fair – September 11th – 27th; Puyallup. Fair gate hours TBD. Parking is $10 M-F or $15 on Saturday and Sunday. Pre-fair tickets are available through 9/10 and the cost is $10 for adults, $7.50 for ages 6-18, and $7.50 for seniors ages 62+. Kids 5 and under are FREE. Prices at the gate are $12.50 for adults, $8 for students ages 6-18, and $9 for seniors ages 62+. Concerts (including Iggy Azalea, Keith Urban, Pitbull, Heart, Jake Owen, and more), Rodeo, Fireworks, Rides, Food, Animals, and much more.
- Commencement Bay Maritime Fest – July 18th and 19th; Tacoma; From a variety of ships to Quick & Dirty Boat Building, to tours of the waterfront and lots of activities for kids and kids-at-heart, there will be something for everyone. Admission is FREE. Hours are Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 10am-5pm.
- Marysville Strawberry Festival – June 13th – 21st; ons of events including a Kiddie Parade, Berry Run, Strawberry Shortcake Eating contest, Carnival, Grand parade on Sat 6/20 & more.
- Mill Creek Festival – July 11th & 12th; Starts at 11am on both days. Food vendors, artist plaza, pet plaza, kids place, 3 on 3 basketball, and more.
- Darrington Bluegrass Festival – July 17th – 19th. Vendor booths, great food, hiking trails, swimming, dry camping (no RV hookups), and bands such as The Gibson Brothers, Gentlemen of Bluegrass, Gold Heart and more. Tickets available online starting at $20 per person per day.
- Kla Ha Ya Days – July 11th – 19th; Snohomish; Parade, frogtastic kids fair, airplane rides, music, games, beer gardens, food, wine tastings, farmers market, street fair, river run, classic cars & motorcycles, and more!
- Lake Stevens Aquafest – July 24th – 26th; Lake Stevens. Boat Races, Ambush Makeovers, Aquafest’s Got Talent, Boat Parades, Fireworks, Pizza Eating Contests, Proud Pet Show, and much more!
- Stanwood- Camano Fair – July 31st – August 2nd, Stanwood. Adults $10, Seniors & Chidlren $7, Under 5 FREE, Season Pass $20.
- Marysville Homegrown Festival – August 7th – 9th; 100 Vendors with local produce, artisans, music & more.
- Taste of Edmonds – August 14th – 16th; Friday and Saturday 11am-10pm, Sunday 11am-7pm. Admission is $4 daily. Children 12 and under are free. Check their website on June 1st for a complete list of events happening at TASTE this year.
- Stillaguamish Festival of the River & Pow Wow – August 8th & 9th; Arlington; Free admission & free parking. Music and more!
- Evergreen State Fair – August 27th – September 7th; Monroe. Free admission on opening day until 1pm. Family Day 9/2, $30 good for up to 6 people, any age. Kids Day 9/3, ages 15 and under receive free admission all day. Several other special admission days – check website for information.
- Beringer Farm Strawberry Fest – June 20 & 21, 10:00am-4:00pm; Arlington. FREE admission. Reasonably priced food & fun. Strawberry ride, strawberry inflatables, castle maze, pennies in the hay, kiddie slides and tunnel, face paint, animals, professional kite flyers, chicken dance, and more.
- Skagit Valley Highland Games – July 11th – 12th; Mt Vernon; A “Scottish 3-ring circus” with a wide range of activities for the young and old alike. One-day passes and weekend passes available. Children 5 and under are free.
- Bite of Skagit – Saturday July 25th – 11am-3pm; Waterfront Park at Swinomish Casino in Anacortes. Delicious Food, Great Music, lots of fun outdoor activities.
- Anacortes Arts Festival – August 7th – 9th. Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, & Sunday 10am-5pm.
- Skagit County Fair – August 12th -15th 10am-10pm; Mt Vernon. Advanced tickets will be sold starting on Monday, July 13th through August 7th at the Parks, Rec & Fair Admin. Building. Parking is $5. Children 5 and under are FREE. Magician & hypnotist, animal races, farm animals, car show, live music, carnival, and more.
- Festival of the Rivers – August 8th & 9th. Free admission and free parking!
- Island County Fair – August 6th – 9th; Langley. The Parade starts in downtown Langley 10AM and hits the Midway around 10:15AM Saturday during the Fair. Other entertainment TBA.
- Coupeville Arts & Crafts Festival – August 1st and 2nd. Experience some of the finest arts and crafts with vendors from all over the country. In addition to the vendor booths, the festival also features an art gallery and wine reception, a hands-on children’s activity area, food court, and live entertainment.
San Juan County:
- San Juan Island Street Fair and 12th Annual Lavender Festival – July 18th – 29th; Friday Harbor. Tours and exhibits survey the entire process – from field to finished product. The fields are open for strolling, relaxing and photo ops. The Cutting Field is open for visitors to harvest their own bouquets of certified organic lavender from the many varieties in bloom.
- San Juan County Fair – August 12th – 15th; Friday Harbor.
- Art 2 Jazz Street Fair & Jazz Festival – July 11th; Blaine; Arts & crafts festival along with free jazz concerts all afternoon.
- Northwest Raspberry Festival – July 17th & 18th , Lynden; 10am-8pm on Friday & 8am-6pm on Saturday. Celebrate the largest harvest of raspberries in North America. Kid-friendly activities, inflatables, face painting, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, raspberry & ice cream sundaes, live music, street vendors at the Berry Fair Street Market, and more!
- Birch Bays Discovery Days – August 29th & 30th; Birch Bay; Fun activities with a grand parade down Birch Bay Drive, arts and crafts fair, variety of food vendors, live music, crab boil, fireworks, duck derby, and more.
- Mt Baker Blues Festival – July 31st – August 2nd; Bellingham; Only 1,000 tickets available. Bands such as Foghat, Ana Popovic, Scott Holtt, and more.
- Northwest Washington Fair – August 17th – 22nd; Lynden. Ticket Blitz on Thursday, May 21st for 4 Hours with discounted tickets. Food vendors, exhibits, animals, concerts (Skillet with Colton Dixon) and more.
- 25th Annual America’s Classic Jazz Festival – June 25 – 28; This family-friendly event features over a dozen top-notch jazz bands from across the country. Dance lessons are offered onsite, local shuttles are provided, and a golf cart can even pick you up from the parking lot and take you into the buildings. There is a playground for kids, and more.
- South Sound BBQ Festival – July 11 from 10am – 5pm; Huntamer Park; Fun for the entire family. Live muis cna dentertainment, vendors, and of course, BBQ. Five different categories of BBQ will be offered: beef brisket, chicken tights, pork baby back ribs, seafood, and other.
- Capitol Lake Fair – July 15th – 19th; Olympia. Grand Parade, Arts & Crafts Booths, Car Show, and more.
- Pacific Northwest Mushroom Festival – July 25 – 26; This two day event is full of activities such as special speakers and guest chefs, live entertainment, a 5K glow run, a wine & beer tent, a kids zone, farm tours, and a mushroom feast. The festival runs from 10am-6pm on each day. The glow run is Friday from 8-11pm. Admission is free for kids.
- Thurston County Fair – July 29th – August 2nd; Lacey; Musical entertainment, home arts demonstrations, 4-H and FFA events, rides for kids, fair food, and more. Admission hours are from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Wednesday through Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
- Sand in the City – August 22nd & 23rd; Olympia; Families can watch expert sand sculptors craft works of art, enjoy dozens of FREE art and STEM learning activities, and visit the award-winning Hands On Children’s Museum for a discounted rate. Sand in the City Gala: 7-11 p.m., Friday, Aug. 21. This is a Party with a Purpose just for grown-ups, and the museum will close at 3 p.m. in preparation for the party! Big Beach Party: 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 22. Grandparents’ Day: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 23.
- Olympia Harbor Days – September 4th – 6th; Olympia; Percival Landing & Port Plaza – Friday 5 pm – 8pm, Saturday 10 am-7 pm, Sunday 10 am- 6 pm.
- Southwest Washington Fair – August 18th – 23rd; Chehalis. Check their website soon to see the upcoming 2015 Entertainment Lineup at the Southwest Washington Fair!
- Chehails Garlic Festival & Craft Show – August 28th – 30th; Chehalis; Fri. Noon-7, Sat. 10-7, Sun. 10-5. General admission – $5, 65+ and Military with ID – $4, Kids 7 and under are free! Garlic themed cuisine, artisan & craft vendors, kids activities, chef demonstrations, live music on two stages, and more.
- Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival – July 24th – 27th, Kingston; Arts & Crafts Vendors, Entertainment, Food & more.
- Kitsap County Fair & Stampede – August 26th – 30th; Bremerton; Xtreme Bulls, Stampede, Carnival, Destruction Derby, and more. Tickets available online now.
- Bremerton Blackberry Festival – September 5th – 7th; Takes place over Bremerton’s picturesque waterfornt. FREE admission. 5Ks, food and craft vendors, children’s activities, and more.
Grays Harbor County:
Annaliese over at Grays Harbor Deals has an awesome list for festivals & summer events happening from Olympia west to the Coast for this summer so make sure to check out her list for more events.
- Grays Harbor County Fair – August 5th – 9th; Elma; Contests, vendors, live music, and more.
- Mason Area Fair & Rodeo – No updated dates yet, so check back.
- Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Festival – July 26th- August 2nd
- Sequim Lavender Fair – July 17th – 19th; Sequim; Celebrate lavender season with great food and live entertainment. This is the largest lavender event in North America. Seven great lavender farms on tour, fantastic street fair, and fun for all ages. FREE admission.
- Clallam County Fair – August 20th – 23rd; Port Angeles; The Carnival Pre-sale tickets will be on sale starting in July. Thursday is Kids Day where Children 12 and under get in for FREE until 6pm.
- Washington State International Kite Festival – August 17th – 23rd; Long Beach; The Washington State International Kite Festival (WSIKF) is a week-long kite celebration and competition held annually during the third week of August.
- Pacific County Fair – 2015 dates TBA.