Fair & Festivals in the Northwest – 2016 Edition
We are back this year with a list of all the summer fairs & festivals for the Puget Sound area of Washington for 2016. There are so many fun events going on every single weekend in the summertime – many are free or very frugal, too, but so many options for family fun & memory making!
There are a number of 4th of July events happening in almost every community & we only listed a few of the larger events, so make sure to check with your own community to see what they have going on.
Head on over to Frugal Living NW for a list of Western Oregon Fairs & Festivals.
If you’re looking for more ideas for fun family activities around the Northwest , make sure to check out these pages:
- Summer Page with links to vacation spots, frugal family events and more
- Staycation -Things to Do in Seattle post with all sorts of ideas for all around Seattle
- Weekly Free & Frugal Family Events List – this is updated every week Thursday night, with all the best free or frugal events happening around the NW
- Park Reviews – Check out these reviews of parks around the Northwest!
- Kids Eat Free List – Find a list of locations around the Puget Sound & around the country with Kids Eat free programs, organized by night of the week
- Pacific NW Travel Reviews/Ideas
- Weekly Budget Friendly Northwest Getaways
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best frugal family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Thursday evening!
- Seafair – June 15 – August 21. Seattle’s traditional summer festival. A month-long, region-wide barbecue, that brings an entire community together in celebration. Events include a Rock ‘N Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon, Seafair Triathalon, Sefair Torchlight Night, and much more!
- Auburn Kids Day – Friday, June 24, 11am – 4pm; FREE Les Gove Park; Live entertainment, inflatables, rides, arts & crafts, food & much more
- Bellevue Strawberry Festival – Saturday, June 25, 10am – 8pm and Sunday, June 26, 10 am – 6 pm; Crossroads Park in Bellevue; Entertainment, Auto Show, Vendors, Food, & lots of Family Fun
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival – Saturday/Sunday, July 2-3, 10am-6pm; Monday, July 4, 10am – 3pm; Lake Union park; Free admission, free boat ride, food, music & more
- Fireworks at Emerald Downs – Sunday, July 3; Auburn; Come early to enjoy the races and grab a seat. Fireworks start approx 30 minutes after the final race. Gates open approx 30 minutes before the first simulcast race, with EmD post time of 4:30 pm (tentatively).
- Seattle’s Family 4th of July Event – Monday, July 4; Gas Works Park, 12pm – 11pm or South Lake Union Park 3pm – 11pm. Both locations are FREE to the public and also feature reserved seating available for purchases. Both locationas will have live entertainment, food booths, and more. The day ends with the Western Display Fireworks over Lake Union.
- Redmond Derby Days – Friday/Saturday, July 8-9. Community races and contests, parades, Dash 5K, pancake breakfast, carnival, entertainment, and more.
- Kent Cornucopia Days – Friday-Sunday, July 8th – 10th; Street fair, Dragon Boat races, Farmers Market, Parade & more
- West Seattle SummerFest – July 8-9, Friday/Saturday, 10am-6pm (California Stage and Beer Garden open later); July 10, Sunday, 11am – 5 pm. Entertainment, shopping, and lots of fun for kids. FREE admission.
- White Center Jubilee Days – Wednesday, July 13th – Sunday, July 17. Enjoy a Dance-a-Thon, Garden Tour, Fireworks, Carnival, Car Show, Parade, Robotics Competition, and more!King County Fair – Thursday-Sunday, July 14-17, Enumclaw; Carnival rides and games, fair food, exhibits, animals, shopping, live entertainment, beer and wine garden, and more!
- Vashon Island Strawberry Festival – Friday-Sunday, July 15-17; Grand parade, classic car show and parade, live music, vendor booths, local artists, street dances, pancake breakfasts, beer garden, fun run, children’s activities, and more!
- Bite of Seattle – Friday/Saturday, July 15-16, 11am – 9pm; Sunday, July 17, 11am – 8pm; Seattle Center; FREE admission. A chance to sample 50+ Seattle-area restaurants offerings, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations & more. We went to this a few years ago & had a blast trying out yummy foods but it was very crowded & not the easiest to maneuver around the crowds with kids, so this may be more fun for a date night! (Jen)
- Covington Days – Saturday/Sunday, July 16-17. SeaFair comes to Covington with a parade, carnival and lots of kids’ activities.
- Chinatown International District DragonFest – Saturday, July 16, 12pm – 8pm; Sunday, 17, 12pm – 6pm ; Seattle; non-stop cultural performances including Dragon and Lion dances, Japanese taiko drumming, martial arts demonstrations, the Chinese Girls Drill Team, and much, much, more. They will also have the 5th Annual $3 Food Walk with over 40 restaurants offering a wide array of international $3 bites!
- Renton River Days – Friday/Saturday, July 22-23, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, July 24, 12pm – 5pm; Kids activities, arts & crafts, recreation, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Enumclaw Rotary Street Fair – Friday/Saturday, July 29-30, 10am – 7pm; Kidz Zone rides & games, live music, artisan craft vendors, children and family activities, delicious food, 5K run, kids dash, and more!
- Bellevue Festival of the Arts & Sixth Street Fair – Friday/Saturday, July 29-30, 10am – 8pm; Sunday, July 31, 10am – 6pm; Bellevue; free admission, Arts and crafts, hands-on activities, food booths, and more!
- Scottish Highland Games – Friday, July 29, 5:30pm – 11pm (FREE admission to evening events on Friday); Saturday, July 30, 8am – 11pm; July 24th – 26th; Enumclaw. Friday, 5:#0-11pm (Friday evening events are free admission and open to the public), Saturday, July 30, 8am-11pm; Sunday, July 31, 8am-5:30pm. $17/Adults one day pass or $25/Adults two day pass; $12/Seniors 60 and over one day pass or $18/Seniors two day pass. $12/Military one day pass or $18/Military two day pass (must show military ID). $12/Children, ages 5-7 one day pass or $18/two day pass. FREE/aages 5 and under. Cash transactions only. Day of Games tickets after 4pm half price. Parking is $7 per day.
- Lake City Salmon Fest – Friday, August 5, 12pm – 7 pm; Saturday, August 6, 11am – 7pm; Sunday, August 7, 10am – 5pm. Entertainment, hand-made crafts, food booths, and an un-paralleled Salmon Bake. Lake City Parade will take place on festival weekend on Saturday, August 6, at 6pm.
- SLU 2015 Block Party – Friday, August 12, 11am-11pm – FREE, South Lake Union; Beer garden, burger grilling competition, food sampling, children’s play area, movies and more.
- Festival of Mt Si – Friday-Sunday, August 12-14; FREE admission. Shopping, arts and crafts, food booths, beer garden, and two stages with live performances.
- Auburn AugustFest – Saturday, August 13, 11am – 8pm; Auburn; Food vendors, commercial vendors, arts and crafts, 5K fun run (includes diner), pancake breakfasts, book drive, classic car shows, and more!
- Snoqualmie Railroad Days – Friday, August 19, 5pm – 8:45pm; Saturday, August 20, 12pm – 4pm; Sunday, August 21-21, 8am – 4pm; Snoqualmie; Entertainment stages, vendors, grand parade, children’s field of fun (Saturday 12pm – 4pm), timber sports demos, food and rink venues, pancake breakfast, train rides, and more.
- Renton Art & Antique Walk – August 2016, more info TBA.
- Bumbershoot – Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival – Friday-Sunday, September 2-4; Seattle Center. This is Seattle’s popular music & arts festival over Labor Day weekend, which features the best in music, film, comedy, dance, theater, visual arts & more. Tickets and VIP packages are available for purchase on the website. They also have a “Youngershoot” Festival for kids, which is put on by the Children’s Museum of Seattle with indoor & outdoor activities for kids ages 10 & under.
- Meeker Days Festival – Friday-Sunday, June 17-19; Puyallup ; Activities will be listed later in the month of May.
- Taste of Tacoma at Pt.Defiance – Friday/Saturday, 11am – 9 pm; Sunday, June 26, 11am – 9pm. FREE admission to this festival with lots of food, live entertainment and a Funtastic Carnival just for the kids.
- Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels – Sunday, July 3, 11am – 4pm. $15/Adults, $10/Seniors & Military, $5/ages 6-17, FREE/ages 5 and under. Car show, Kids Zone, plane rides, airplane fly bys, arts and crafts, and more!
- Tacoma Freedom Fair – Monday, July 4 – Freedom Fair takes place all along Ruston Way waterfront. Pedestrian access is from four entry points. Park free at the Tacoma Dome Station or at Tacoma Community Collection and take the Freedom Fair Express Bus for hassle-free access. Admission is donation based with suggested amounts. Events include Wings & Wheels, Airshow, Music, Fireworks, International Marketplace, Kids Fun, Car Show, BMX Bike Show, Food Booths, and more.
- Pacific Days – Friday-Sunday, July 8-10. A festival of music, kids parade, car show, games, and more!
- SummerFest in Lakewood – Saturday, July 9, 11am – 11pm. Celebrate the City of Lakewood’s 20th Birthday at this FREE all day festival with activities, food, entertainment, car show, Kids Zone and more!
- Art on the Ave Street Festival– Sunday, July 10, 11am – 7pm; Tacoma; artists’ booths, kids zone, entertainment, & more.
- Gig Harbor Summer Arts Festival – Saturday, July 16, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, July 17, 10am – 5pm; More than 120 artists showcasing and selling their work. Musicians and food vendors are also featured. Proceeds from the Art Festival provide art scholarships for local students and PAL members.
- Commencement Bay Maritime Fest – Usually held in July; Tacoma. Info TBA. From a variety of ships to Quick & Dirty Boat Building, to tours of the waterfront and lots of activities for kids and kids-at-heart, there will be something for everyone. Admission is FREE.
- Proctor Arts Fest – Saturday August 6, 10am – 5pm; Tacoma. Free admission. Enjoy more than 150 art and craft vendors, three stages of music and entertainment (one being designated a Family Stage which is organized by the Tacoma Public Library), a kids area with participation by the Metropolitan Park District, a Farmers’ Market, a dog fashion show and parade, a merchants sidewalk sale, and more.
- Renaissance Faire – Saturdays/Sundays, August 6-7, 13-14, 20-21; at the Kelley Farm (Bonney Lake). Hours are 10am-7pm. Tickets are available online or at the Towne Gate on the day of the show. Parking is free and children under 5 are free. Adult tickets start at $19 and children tickets start at $13. Discounts are available for families and for multi-day tickets. Tickets are good for any one of the three weekends.
- Pierce County Fair – Thursday-Saturday, August 11-13, 10am – 10pm; Sunday, August 14, 10am – 6pm; Graham. $5/Admission for adults, children and seniors. Parking is $5 and Camping is $65. Thursday is Family Day and Children (6-15) are admitted for $1. Visit the website for a coupon for Thursday. Sunday is Military Day. Members of the Armed Forces are admitted free in uniform or upon presentation of their military identification.
- Kite Festival at Chambers Creek – Sunday, August 28, 10am – 3pm. The Kite Festival returns to amaze the entire family with kite demonstrations, family kite flying, face painting and more!
- Puyallup Fair/Western Washington State Fair – September 2-25; Puyallup. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 10am – 9 pm. Closed Tuesdays. Saturday/Sunday, 9am -10 pm. Parking is $10 M-F or $15 on Saturday/Sunday. Pre-fair tickets are available through 9/25 and the cost is $10/adults, $7.50/ages 6-18, $7.50/seniors ages 62+, FREE/Ages 5 and under. Prices at the gate are $12.50/adults, $9/ages 6-18, $9/seniors ages 62+. Concerts (including Tim McGraw, DNCE, Gavin DeGraw, Dierks Bentley, Flo Rida, Train, and more!), Rodeo, Fireworks, Rides, Food, Animals, and much more.
- Marysville Strawberry Festival – June 11-19; tons of events including a Kiddie Parade, Berry Run, Strawberry Shortcake Eating contest, Carnival, Grand parade on Saturday, June 18, 7:45pm.
- Mill Creek Festival – Saturday/Sunday, July 9-10; Starts at 11am on both days. Food vendors, artist plaza, pet plaza, kids place, 3 on 3 basketball, and more.
- Kla Ha Ya Days – July 9-17; Snohomish; Parade, frogtastic kids fair, airplane rides, music, games, beer gardens, food, wine tastings, farmers market, street fair, river run, classic cars & motorcycles, and more!
- Darrington Bluegrass Festival – Friday-Sunday, July 15-17 . Vendor booths, great food, hiking trails, swimming, dry camping (no RV hookups), and bands such as The Gibson Brothers, Gentlemen of Bluegrass, Gold Heart and more. Tickets available online starting at $25 per person per day for adults, and children ages 12 and under are FREE with an adult.
- Lake Stevens Aquafest – Friday-Sunday, July 29-31; Lake Stevens. Boat Races, Ambush Makeovers, Aquafest’s Got Talent, Boat Parades, Fireworks, Pizza Eating Contests, Proud Pet Show, and much more!
- Stanwood- Camano Fair – Friday-Sunday, August 5-7, Stanwood. Adults $10, Seniors & Chidlren $7, Under 5 FREE, Season Pass $20.
- Marysville Homegrown Festival – Friday/Saturday, August 12-13, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, August 14, 10am – 3pm; 100 Vendors with local produce, artisans, music & more.
- Taste of Edmonds – Friday/Saturday, August 12-13, 11am -10pm; Sunday, August 14, 11am – 7pm. Admission is only $4 and FREE/ages 12 and under. Check their website on June 1st for a complete list of events happening at TASTE this year.
- Stillaguamish Festival of the River & Pow Wow – Saturday/Sunday, August 13-14, gates open at 10am; Arlington; Free admission & $10/parking. Music and more!
- Evergreen State Fair – August 25 – September 5; Monroe. Free admission on opening day until 1pm. Family Day Wednesday, August 31, $5/admission per person before 5pm. Kids Day, Thursday, September 1, FREE admission to ages 15 and under all day. Several other special admission days – check website for information.
- Beringer Farm Strawberry Fest – Saturday/Sunday, June 18-19, 11am – 3 pm; Arlington. FREE admission. Reasonably priced food & fun. Strawberry ride, strawberry inflatables, castle maze, pennies in the hay, kiddie slides and tunnel, face paint, animals, professional kite flyers, chicken dance, and more.
- Skagit Valley Highland Games – Saturday/Sunday, July 9-10, 9am – 6pm; Mt Vernon; A “Scottish 3-ring circus” with a wide range of activities for the young and old alike. One-day passes and weekend passes available. Children 5 and under are free.
- Anacortes Arts Festival – Friday, August 5, 10am – 7pm; Saturday, August 6, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, August 7, 10am – 5pm.
- Skagit County Fair – Wednesday-Saturday, August 10-13, 10am-10pm; Mt Vernon. Advanced tickets will be sold Tuesday, July 12th thru Friday, August 5th at the Parks, Rec & Fair Admin. Building for $5. Parking is $5. Children 5 and under are FREE. Magician & hypnotist, animal races, farm animals, car show, live music, carnival, and more.
- Festival of the Rivers – Saturday/Sunday, August 13-14; gates open at 10am. Free admission and $10/parking!
- Bite of Skagit – Saturday, September 17; Edgewater Park in Mt Vernon. Delicious Food, Great Music, lots of fun outdoor activities.
- Island County Fair – Thursday-Sunday, August 4-7; Langley. The Parade starts in downtown Langley 10AM and hits the Midway around 10:15AM Saturday during the Fair.
- Coupeville Arts & Crafts Festival – Saturday, August 13, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, August 14, 10am – 5pm. Experience some of the finest arts and crafts with vendors from all over the country. In addition to the vendor booths, the festival also features an art gallery and wine reception, a hands-on children’s activity area, food court, and live entertainment.
San Juan County:
- San Juan Island Street Fair and 12th Annual Lavender Festival – Saturday/Sunday, July 16-17, 10am – 5pm; Friday Harbor. Tours and exhibits survey the entire process – from field to finished product. The fields are open for strolling, relaxing and photo ops. The Cutting Field is open for visitors to harvest their own bouquets of certified organic lavender from the many varieties in bloom.
- San Juan County Fair – Wednesday-Saturday, August 17-20; Friday Harbor.
- Northwest Raspberry Festival – Friday/Saturday, July 15-16. Celebrate the largest harvest of raspberries in North America. Kid-friendly activities, inflatables, face painting, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, raspberry & ice cream sundaes, live music, street vendors at the Berry Fair Street Market, and more!
- Art 2 Jazz Street Fair & Jazz Festival – Saturday, July 16; Blaine; Arts & crafts festival along with free jazz concerts all afternoon.
- Mt Baker Blues Festival – Thursday-Sunday, July 28-31; Bellingham; Only 1,000 tickets available. Bands such as Noah Wotherspoon, the Yardbirds, Chris Eger Band, Bobby Patterson Band, and more!
- Northwest Washington Fair – Monday-Saturday, August 15-20; Lynden. Food vendors, exhibits, animals, concerts (Gaither Vocal Band and Josh Turner, ) and more.
- Birch Bays Discovery Days – Saturday/Sunday, August 27-28; Birch Bay; Fun activities with a grand parade down Birch Bay Drive, arts and crafts fair, variety of food vendors, live music, crab boil, fireworks, duck derby, and more.
- Hands On Summer Splash (previously Sand in the City) – June-August; Olympia; Families can watch expert sand sculptors craft works of art, enjoy dozens of FREE art and STEM learning activities, and visit the award-winning Hands On Children’s Museum for a discounted rate. There will also be traveling national exhibits about China, and an authentic pirate ship on site! Summer Splash Gala: Friday, Aug. 26. This is a Party with a Purpose just for grown-ups, and the museum will close at 3 p.m. in preparation for the party!
- 25th Annual America’s Classic Jazz Festival – Thursday-Sunday, June 23-26; This family-friendly event features over a dozen top-notch jazz bands from across the country. Dance lessons are offered onsite, local shuttles are provided, and a golf cart can even pick you up from the parking lot and take you into the buildings. There is a playground for kids, and more.
- South Sound BBQ Festival – Saturday, July 9; Huntamer Park; Fun for the entire family. Live muis cna dentertainment, vendors, and of course, BBQ. Five different categories of BBQ will be offered: beef brisket, chicken tights, pork baby back ribs, seafood, and other.
- Capitol Lake Fair – Wednesday-Sunday, July 13-17; Olympia. Grand Parade, Arts & Crafts Booths, Car Show, and more.
- Pacific Northwest Mushroom Festival – Saturday/Sunday, July 30-31, 10am – 6 pm; This two day event is full of activities such as special speakers and guest chefs, live entertainment, a 5K glow run, a wine & beer tent, a kids zone, farm tours, and a mushroom feast. The glow run is Friday from 8-11pm. Admission is free for kids.
- Thurston County Fair – Date TBA, usually held the last weekend of July; Lacey; Musical entertainment, home arts demonstrations, 4-H and FFA events, rides for kids, fair food, and more.
- Olympia Harbor Days – Friday, September 2, 5pm – 8pm; Saturday, September 3, 10am – 7pm, Sunday, September 4, 10am – 6pm; Olympia; Percival Landing & Port Plaza.
- Southwest Washington Fair – Tuesday-Sunday, August 16-21; Chehalis. Check their website soon to see the upcoming 2016 Entertainment Lineup at the Southwest Washington Fair!
- Chehails Garlic Festival & Craft Show – Friday, August 26, 12pm – 7pm; Saturday, August 27, 10am – 7pm; Sunday, August 28, 10am – 5pm; Chehalis. General admission – $5, 65+ and Military with ID – $4, Kids 7 and under are free! Garlic themed cuisine, artisan & craft vendors, kids activities, chef demonstrations, live music on two stages, and more.
- Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival – Friday-Sunday, July 29-31, Kingston; Arts & Crafts Vendors, Entertainment, Food & more.
- Kitsap County Fair & Stampede – Wednesday-Sunday, August 24-28; Bremerton; Xtreme Bulls, Stampede, Carnival, Destruction Derby, and more. Tickets available online now.
- Bremerton Blackberry Festival – Saturday-Monday, September 3-5; Takes place over Bremerton’s picturesque waterfornt. FREE admission. 5Ks, food and craft vendors, children’s activities, and more.
Grays Harbor County:
Annaliese over at Grays Harbor Deals has an awesome list for festivals & summer events happening from Olympia west to the Coast for this summer so make sure to check out her list for more events.
- Grays Harbor County Fair – Wednesday-Sunday, August 10-14; Elma; Contests, vendors, live music, and more.
- Mason Area Fair & Rodeo – Monday-Saturday, August 8-13.
- Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Festival – Sunday, July 31-Sunday, August 7
- Sequim Lavender Fair – Friday-Sunday, July 15-17; Sequim; Celebrate lavender season with great food and live entertainment. This is the largest lavender event in North America. Seven great lavender farms on tour, fantastic street fair, and fun for all ages. FREE admission.
- Clallam County Fair – Thursday-Sunday, August 18-21; Port Angeles. Thursday is Kids Day where Children 12 and under get in for FREE until 6pm.
- Washington State International Kite Festival – Monday-Sunday, August 15-21; Long Beach; The Washington State International Kite Festival (WSIKF) is a week-long kite celebration and competition held annually during the third week of August.
- Pacific County Fair – Wednesday-Saturday, August 24-27.