We’ve teamed up for the 4th year in a row with local bloggers, Angela from Frugal Living NW & Karrie from Happy Moneysaver to bring you a list of all the summer fairs & festivals for Washington & Oregon for 2014.
There are a number of 4th of July events happening in almost every community & I only listed a few of the larger events, so make sure to check with your own community to see what they have going on.
If you’re looking for more ideas for fun family activities around the Northwest , make sure to check out these pages:
- Summer Page with links to vacation spots, frugal family events and more
- Staycation -Things to Do in Seattle post with all sorts of ideas for all around Seattle
- Weekly Free & Frugal Family Events List - this is updated every week Thursday night, with all the best free or frugal events happening around the NW
- Park Reviews - Check out these reviews of parks around the Northwest!
If you see an event that I missed, leave a comment & I’ll add it to the post! Let us know what your favorites are, too, and what you like about them!
Here’s what you’ll find:
- Thrifty NW Mom – Festivals & Fairs around the Puget Sound area (from Whatcom County – Lewis County)
- Frugal Living NW - Festivals & Fairs for southwest Washington & western Oregon
- Happy Moneysaver – Festivals & Fairs for central/eastern Washington and central/eastern Oregon
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best frugal family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Friday morning!
- Bellevue Strawberry Festival - Sat 6/28 from 10am – 8pm; Sun 6/29 from 10 am – 6 pm; Crossroads Park in Bellevue; Entertainment, Auto Show, Vendors, Food, & lots of Family Fun
- Auburn Kids Day - Friday 6/20 from 11am – 4pm; FREE Les Gove Park; Live entertainment, inflatable rides, arts & crafts, food & much more
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival - July 4 – 6th, 2014; Lake Union park; Free admission, free boat ride, food, music & more
- Fireworks at Emerald Downs - July 3rd; Auburn; Come for the day & enjoy the races or just come after the races to enjoy the fireworks (I can’t find any info yet to see if kids are free again this year so make sure to call first). Reservations strongly recommended. Kids activities such as Face Painters, Airbrush Face Painter, Glitter Tattoos, Caricaturist, Wax Hands & Bounce House (weather permitting).
- Seattle’s Family 4th of July Event - held at Gasworks Park with fireworks viewed over Lake Union. Starts at noon & runs till 10pm. There will be food booths, entertainment, lots of good old fashioned fun like egg races, sack races, bouncy houses & more. You can purchase reserved seating if you prefer for a better view or there will be plenty of free seating. The Seafair Princesses, Seafair Pirates & more.
- Kent Cornucopia Days - July 11th – 13th; Street fair, Dragon Boat races, Farmers Market , Parade & more
- West Seattle SummerFest - July 11th -13th; free 3 day street fair; arts & crafts, shopping, live music, local food, kids play area & more
- Redmond Derby Days - July 11th & 12th
- Chinatown International District DragonFest - July 12th & 13th; Seattle; Includes Japanese drumming, Chinese Martial Arts, Filipino dancing, Lion & Dragon Dances, Live Entertainment, Food, Karaoke & more.
- Bite of Seattle - July 18th – 20th; Seattle Center; FREE admission. A chance to sample 50+ Seattle-area restaurants offerings, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations & more. We went to this last year & had a blast trying out yummy foods but it was very crowded & not the easiest to manuever around the crowds with kids, so this may be more fun for a date night! (Jen)
- White Center Jubilee Days - July 12th – 20th. This includes a street fair, carnival, car show, parade, garden tour, fireworks & more
- Seafair - Seafair officially kicks off on June 15th at Westlake Center. The main festival takes place July 31st – August 3rd; Boeing Airshow, Hydroplane races & much more. The Torchlight Parade & Events on Saturday July 26th.
- Covington Days - July 19th – 2oth; Covington; Parade at 10am, Food & Arts & Crafts booth, entertainment, games, inflatables & more.
- Vashon Island Strawberry Festival - July 18th – 20th; Parade at 11am; Entertainment, food & Arts & Craft booths, Classic Car parade Sunday at noon & more
- King County Fair - July 17th – 20th, Enumclaw; Rides, Food, Entertainment & more
- Enumclaw Street Fair - July 25th – 27th; street fair, entertainment, food, carnival
- Renton River Days - July 25th – 27th; Entertainment, Art show & art market, food, kids zone, quilt show & more
- Bellevue Festival of the Arts & Sixth Street Fair - July 25th – 27th; Bellevue; free admission, outdoor show
- Scottish Highland Games - July 25th – 27th; Enumclaw
- Lake City Salmon Fest - August 1st – 3rd; (Formerly known as Lake City Pioneer Days); Parade, street fair, salmon bake & more
- SLU 2013 Block Party - Friday August 8th- FREE, South Lake Union; Beer garden, burger grilling competition, food sampling, children’s play area, movies and more.
- Festival of Mt Si - August 8th – 10th; North Bend; Arts & Craft Vendors, Food booths, Entertainment & more
- Auburn Good Ol’ Days - August 8th – 10th, Auburn; Parade on Saturday, Book Swap & Book Fair, Classic Car Parade on Sunday & much more
- Snoqualmie Railroad Days - August 15th – 17th; Snoqualmie; Train Rides, Classic Car Show, Entertainment, Food Booths, Parade & more
- Renton Art & Antique Walk - Saturday August 23rd; Renton; 11am – 5pm
- Bumbershoot – Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival - August 3oth – September 1st; Seattle Center. This is Seattle’s popular music & arts festival over Labor Day weekend, which features the best in music, film, comedy, dance, theater, visual arts & more. They also have a “Youngershoot” Festival for kids, which is put on by the Children’s Museum of Seattle with indoor & outdoor activities for kids ages 10 & under
- Meeker Days Festival – June 20th – 22nd; Puyallup ; Arts & Crafts show, Classi Car Show and Antique Tractor Show, Farmer’s Market, children’s Zone , Teen Zone & more!
- Tacoma Freedom Fair - Sunday July 6th – Tacoma Narrows Airport – air show, car show & motorcycle show; 4th of July – Ruston Way – fireworks, air show, vendors, food, entertainment & more.
- Art on the Ave Street Festival- July 13th; Tacoma; artists’ booths, kids zone, entertainment, & more.
- Pacific Days - July 11th -13th; kids parade Friday night; Grand parade Saturday & more
- Gig Harbor Summer Arts Festival - July 19th & 20th;
- Proctor Arts Fest - Saturday August 2nd; Tacoma; 10am – 5:30pm
- Renaissance Faire - August 2-3, 9-10, 16-17; Bonney Lake
- Pierce County Fair - August 7th – 10th; Graham
- Puyallup Fair/Western Washington State Fair - September 5th – 21st; Puyallup
- Commencement Bay Maritime Fest - September 20th & 21st; Tacoma; FREE admission, Kids Activities, Food booths, Boat Building seminars, & much more
- Marysville Strawberry Festival - June 14th – 22nd; Tons of events including a Kiddie Parade, Berry Run, Strawberry Shortcake Eating contest, Carnival, Grand parade on Sat 6/21 & more
- Mill Creek Festival - July 19th & 20th; kids corner, arts & crafts, entertainment
- Darrington Bluegrass Festival - July 18th – 20th
- Kla Ha Ya Days - July 16th – 20th; Snohomish; car show, carnival, parade
- Lake Stevens Aquafest – July 25th – 27th; Lake Stevens, Classic Car Show, Fireworks & more
- Stanwood- Camano Fair - August 1st – 3rd, Stanwood
- Marysville Homegrown Festival - August 8th – 10th; 100 Vendors with local produce, artisans, music & more
- Taste of Edmonds – August 8th – 10th; Rides/attractions, Food Booths, kids areas, entertainment & more
- Stillaguamish Festival of the River & Pow Wow - August 9th & 10th; Arlington; Free admission & free parking
- Evergreen State Fair - August 21st – August 31st; Monroe
- Skagit Valley Highland Games – July 12th – 13th; Mt Vernon
- Bite of Skagit - Saturday July 26th - 12 – 4pm
- Anacortes Arts Festival - August 1st – 3rd
- Skagit County Fair - August 6th -9th; Mt Vernon
- Coupeville Arts & Crafts Festival - August 9th & 10th
- Island County Fair - July 31 – Aug 3rd; Langley
San Juan County:
- San Juan Island Street Fair and 12th Annual Lavender Festival - July 19th – 20th; Friday Harbor
- San Juan County Fair - August 13th – 16th; Friday Harbor
- Northwest Raspberry Festival - July 18th & 19th , Lynden
- Art 2 Jazz Street Fair & Jazz Festival - July 12th; Blaine, 11 am – 4pm – arts & crafts festival along with free jazz concerts all afternoon
- Birch Bays Discovery Days - July 19th – 20th; Birch Bay- parade, arts & crafts fair, food vendors & more
- Mt Baker Blues Festival - August 1st – 3rd; Bellingham
- Northwest Washington Fair – August 11th – 16th; Lynden
- Capitol Lake Fair – July 16th – 20th; Olympia
- Thurston County Fair - July 30th – August 3rd; Lacey
- Sand in the City - August 23rd & 24th; Olympia
- Olympia Harbor Days - August 29th – 31st; Olympia
- Southwest Washington Fair - August 12th – 17th; Chehalis
- Chehails Garlic Festival & Craft Show - August 22nd – 24th; Chehalis
- Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival - July 25th – 27th, Kingston; Arts & Crafts Vendors, Entertainment, Food & more
- Kitsap County Fair & Stampede - August 20th – 24th; Bremerton
- Bremerton Blackberry Festival – August 29th – 31st (no updated dates yet, so check back)
Grays Harbor County:
Annaliese over at Grays Harbor Deals has an awesome list for festivals & summer events happening from Olympia west to the Coast for this summer so make sure to check out her list for more events.
- Grays Harbor County Fair – August 6th – 10th; Elma
- Mason Area Fair & Rodeo – July 25th – 27th; Shelton (no updated dates yet, so check back to confirm)
- Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Festival – July 27th- August 3rd
- Sequim Lavender Fair - July 18th – 20th; Sequim; 7 lavender farms on tour & a street fair
- Clallam County Fair – August 14th – 17th; Port Angeles
- Washington State International Kite Festival - August 18th – 24th; Long Beach
- Pacific County Fair - August 20th – 23rd; Menlo