Fair & Festivals in the Northwest – 2019 Edition
We are back this year with a list of all the summer fairs & festivals for the Puget Sound area of Washington for 2019. There are so many fun events going on every single weekend in the summertime – many are free or very frugal, too, but so many options for family fun & memory making!
There are a number of 4th of July events happening in almost every community & we only listed a few of the larger events, so make sure to check with your own community to see what they have going on.
Head on over to Frugal Living NW for a list of Western Oregon Fairs & Festivals.
If you’re looking for more ideas for fun family activities around the Northwest, make sure to check out these pages:
- Summer Page with links to vacation spots, frugal family events and more
- Staycation -Things to Do in Seattle post with all sorts of ideas for all around Seattle
- Weekly Free & Frugal Family Events List – this is updated every week Thursday night, with all the best free or frugal events happening around the NW
- Park Reviews – Check out these reviews of parks around the Northwest!
- Kids Eat Free List – Find a list of locations around the Puget Sound & around the country with Kids Eat free programs, organized by night of the week
- Pacific NW Travel Reviews/Ideas
- Weekly Budget Friendly Northwest Getaways
Don’t forget that you’ll find the best frugal family events & activities going on around the Northwest, as well as national events, each Thursday evening!
- Auburn Kids Day – June 25th, 11am – 4pm; FREE Les Gove Park; Live entertainment, inflatables, rides, arts & crafts, food & much more
- Chinatown International District DragonFest – Saturday, June 29th, 12am – 7pm; Seattle; non-stop cultural performances including Dragon and Lion dances, Japanese taiko drumming, martial arts demonstrations, the Chinese Girls Drill Team, and much, much, more. They will also have the 5th Annual $3 Food Walk with over 40 restaurants offering a wide array of international $3 bites!
- Fireworks at Emerald Downs – Wednesday, July 3rd; Auburn; Come early to enjoy the races and grab a seat. Fireworks start approx 30 minutes after the final race. Gates open approx 30 minutes before the first simulcast race, with EmD post time of 4:30 pm (tentatively).
- Seafair – July 4th – August 4th; Seattle’s traditional summer festival. A month-long, region-wide barbecue, that brings an entire community together in celebration. Events include a Seafair Triathalon, Seafair Parkadilly Kids Concert & Fair, and much more!
- Seattle’s Family 4th of July Event – Thursday, July 4th; Gas Works Park, 12pm – 11pm or South Lake Union Park 3pm – 11pm. Both locations are FREE to the public and also feature reserved seating available for purchases. Both locations will have live entertainment, food booths, and more. The day ends with the Western Display Fireworks over Lake Union.
- Redmond Derby Days – July 12th & 13th; Community races and contests, parades, Dash 5K, pancake breakfast, carnival, entertainment, and more.
- Kent Cornucopia Days – July 12th – 14th, Friday/Saturday 10am – 8pm, Sunday 10am – 5pm; Street fair, Dragon Boat races, Farmers Market, Parade & more
- West Seattle SummerFest – July 12th – 14th, Friday/Saturday, 10am-6pm (California Stage and Beer Garden open later); July 14, Sunday, 11am – 5pm. Entertainment, shopping, and lots of fun for kids. FREE admission.
- White Center Jubilee Days – July 17th – July 21st; Enjoy a Dance-a-Thon, Garden Tour, Fireworks, Carnival, Car Show, Parade, Robotics Competition, and more!
- King County Fair – July 18th – 21st; Enumclaw; Carnival rides and games, fair food, exhibits, animals, shopping, live entertainment, beer, and wine garden, and more!
- Vashon Island Strawberry Festival – Friday-Sunday, July 19th – 21st; Grand parade, classic car show and parade, live music, vendor booths, local artists, street dances, pancake breakfasts, beer garden, fun run, children’s activities, and more!
- Bite of Seattle – July 19th – 21st, Friday and Saturday, 11am – 9pm; Sunday, July 21st, 11am – 8pm; Seattle Center; FREE admission. A chance to sample 50+ Seattle-area restaurants offerings, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations & more. We went to this a few years ago & had a blast trying out yummy foods but it was very crowded & not the easiest to maneuver around the crowds with kids, so this may be more fun for a date night! (Jen)
- Covington Days – Saturday & Sunday, July 20th – 21st. SeaFair comes to Covington with a parade, carnival and lots of kids’ activities.
- Renton River Days – Friday & Saturday, July 26th – 27th, 11am – 8pm; Sunday, July 28th, 11am – 6pm; Kids activities, arts & crafts, recreation, food, live entertainment, and more.
- Enumclaw Rotary Street Fair – Friday & Saturday, July 26th – 27th, 10am – 7pm; Kidz Zone rides & games, live music, artisan craft vendors, children and family activities, delicious food, 5K run, kids dash, and more!
- Sixth Street Fair – Friday & Saturday, July 26th – 28th, 10am – 8pm; Sunday, July 28th, 10am – 6pm; Bellevue; free admission, Arts and crafts, hands-on activities, food booths, and more!
- Scottish Highland Games – Friday, July 26th, 5:30pm – 11pm; Saturday, July 27th, 8am – 11pm; Sunday, July 28th, 8am-5:30pm. Friday evening kick-off events are free and open to the public to attend! $20/Adults one day pass or $30/Adults two day pass; $15/Seniors 60 and over one-day pass or $20/Seniors two-day pass. $15/Military one day pass or $20/Military two-day pass (must show military ID). $15/Children, ages 5-7 one day pass or $20/two-day pass. FREE/ages 5 and under. Cash transactions only. Day of Games tickets after 4pm half price. Parking is $10 per day.
- Lake City Summer Festival – Saturday, August 3rd, 10:30am – 4:30pm; Entertainment, hand-made crafts, food booths, and an un-paralleled Salmon Bake. Evening Parades Schedule; 6pm Rotary Kiddies Parade, 6:30pm Dogs Parade, and 7pm Grand Seafair Parade.
- SLU 2018 Block Party – Friday, August 9th, 12pm-11pm – FREE, South Lake Union; Beer garden, burger grilling competition, food sampling, children’s play area, movies and more.
- Festival of Mt Si – Friday-Sunday, August 9th – 11th; Friday 5pm – 10 pm (booth hours 5pm-8pm), Saturday 10am – 10pm (booth hours 10am-8pm), Sunday 10am – 4pm; FREE admission. Shopping, arts and crafts, food booths, a beer garden, and two stages with live performances.
- AuburnFest – Friday August 9th, 7pm; Saturday, August 10th, 11am – 7pm; Sunday, August 11th, 10am – 3pm; Auburn; Food vendors, commercial vendors, arts and crafts, pancake breakfasts, book drive, classic car shows, and more! The 5k run will be on Friday, August 9th, 7pm, check out the link for more information of events each day.
- Snoqualmie Railroad Days – Friday, August 17th and Saturday, August 18th; Snoqualmie; Entertainment stages, vendors, grand parade, children’s field of fun, timber sports demos, food and drink venues, pancake breakfast, train rides, and more.
- Bumbershoot – Seattle’s Music & Arts Festival – Friday-Sunday, August 30th & 31st, September 1st; Seattle Center. This is Seattle’s popular music & arts festival over Labor Day weekend, which features the best in music, film, comedy, dance, theater, visual arts & more. Tickets and VIP packages are available for purchase on the website once they update the information.
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival – Saturday, September 28th, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, September 29th, 10am – 6pm; Lake Union Park; Free admission, free boat ride, food, music & more
- Meeker Days Festival – Friday-Sunday, June 14th – 16th; Puyallup; They will have a car show, live music, educational exhibits and more!
- Taste of Tacoma at Pt.Defiance – June 21st – 22nd, 11am – 9 pm; Sunday, June 23rd, 11am – 8pm. FREE admission to this festival with lots of food, live entertainment and a Funtastic Carnival just for the kids.
- Tacoma Freedom Fair – July 4th, 9 am – 10:30pm; Freedom Fair takes place all along Ruston Way waterfront. Pedestrian access is from four entry points. Park free at the Tacoma Dome Station or at Tacoma Community Collection and take the Freedom Fair Express Bus for hassle-free access. Admission is donation based with suggested amounts. Events include Wings & Wheels, Airshow, Music, Fireworks, International Marketplace, Kids Fun, Car Show, BMX Bike Show, Food Booths, and more.
- Gig Harbor Wings and Wheels – July 6th, 4pm – 9pm, July 7th, 11am – 4:30pm. $20/Adults, $10/ages 6-17, FREE/ages 5 and under. Car show, Kids Zone, plane rides, airplane fly-bys, arts and crafts, and more! Note: These prices are early bird pricing! So check out tickets asap as those prices end around the end of June.
- Pacific Days – Friday-Sunday, July 12th – 14th. A festival of music, kids parade, car show, games, and more!
- SummerFest in Lakewood – Saturday, July 13th, 11am – 11pm. Celebrate the City of Lakewood’s 20th Birthday at this FREE all-day festival with activities, food, entertainment, car show, Kids Zone and more!
- Art on the Ave Street Festival– Sunday, July 14th, 11am – 7pm; Tacoma; Artists’ booths, entertainment, & more to be announced.
- Gig Harbor Summer Arts Festival – Saturday, July 20th, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, July 21st, 10am – 5pm; More than 120 artists showcasing and selling their work. Musicians and food vendors are also featured. Proceeds from the Art Festival provide art scholarships for local students and PAL members.
- Tacoma Maritime Fest– July 27th & July 28th, 10am-5pm From a variety of ships to Quick & Dirty Boat Building to tours of the waterfront and lots of activities for kids and kids-at-heart, there will be something for everyone. Admission is FREE.
- Proctor Arts Fest – Saturday August 3rd, 10am – 5pm; Tacoma. Free admission. Enjoy more than 150 art and craft vendors, three stages of music and entertainment (one being designated a Family Stage which is organized by the Tacoma Public Library), a kids area with participation by the Metropolitan Park District, a Farmers’ Market, a merchants sidewalk sale, and more.
- Renaissance Faire – Saturdays & Sundays, August 3rd-5th, 10th-11th, 17th-18th; at the Kelley Farm (Bonney Lake). Hours are 10am-7pm. Tickets are available online or at the Towne Gate on the day of the show. Parking is free and children under 5 are free. Adult tickets start at $19 and children tickets start at $13. Discounts are available for families and for multi-day tickets. Tickets are good for any one of the three weekends.
- Pierce County Fair – Thursday-Saturday, August 8th – 11th, 10am – 9:30pm; Sunday, August 11th 10am – 6pm; Graham. $7/Admission for adults, children, and seniors. Children under 6 are free. Parking is $5 and Camping is $65. Thursday is Family Day and Children (6-15) are admitted for $1. Visit any Pierce County Les Schwab for a $2 off coupon regular admission prices. Sunday is Military Day. Members of the Armed Forces are admitted free in uniform or upon presentation of their military identification.
- Puyallup Fair/Western Washington State Fair – August 30th – September 22nd; Puyallup. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 10am – 9pm. Closed Tuesdays and 9-5. Saturday/Sunday, 9am -10pm. Parking is $10 M-F or $15 on Saturday & Sunday. Pre-fair tickets are generally available closer to the date of the fair, so check back for those deals (they usually take a few dollars off the gate prices). The first day of the fair has historically been a kids get in free day too, but we will update once their deals page is updated – for this years deals. Prices at the gate are $14/adults, $11/ages 6-18, $11/seniors ages 62+, children 5 and under free. Concerts (including F, and more!), Rodeo, Fireworks, Rides, Food, Animals, and much more.
- Marysville Strawberry Festival – June 8th-16th; tons of events including a Kiddie Parade, Berry Run, Strawberry Shortcake Eating contest, Carnival, Grand parade on Saturday, June 15th, 7:45pm.
- Mill Creek Festival – Saturday & Sunday, July 13th & 14th; Starts at 11am on both days. Food vendors, artist plaza, pet plaza, kids place, 3 on 3 basketball, and more.
- Kla Ha Ya Days – July 17th – 21st; Snohomish; Parade, frogtastic kids fair, airplane rides, music, games, beer gardens, food, wine tastings, farmers market, street fair, river run, classic cars & motorcycles, and more!
- Darrington Bluegrass Festival – Friday-Sunday, July 19th – 21st. Vendor booths, great food, hiking trails, swimming, dry camping (no RV hookups), and bands to be announced. Tickets available online starting at $30 per person per day for adults, and children ages 12 and under are FREE with an adult.
- Lake Stevens Aquafest – Friday-Sunday, July 26th – 28th; Lake Stevens. Boat Races, Boat Parades, Fireworks, Pizza Eating Contests, Proud Pet Show, and much more!
- Stanwood- Camano Fair – Friday-Sunday, August 2nd – 4th, Stanwood. Adults $10, Seniors & Childen $7, Under 5 FREE, Season Pass $20.
- Marysville Homegrown Festival – August 9th – 11th, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, August 12th, 10am – 3pm; 100 Vendors with local produce, artisans, music & more.
- Stillaguamish Festival of the River & Pow Wow – Saturday & Sunday, August 10th & 11th, Gates open at 10am; Arlington; Free admission, Music and more!
- Taste of Edmonds – August 16th – 18th, 11am -10pm; Sunday, August 12, 11am – 7pm. Admission is only $5 and FREE/ages 12 and under. Keep an eye out for more updates of events happening at TASTE this year.
- Evergreen State Fair – August 22nd – September 2nd; Monroe. Free admission on opening day until 3pm (with 3 non-perishable food item donations). August 27th is 2 for 1 admission, Kids Day August 29th FREE admission to ages 12 and under all day. Several other special admission days – check the website for information.
- Biringer Farm Strawberry Fest – Saturday & Sunday, June 15th & 16th, 11am – 3 pm; Arlington. FREE admission. Reasonably priced food & fun. Strawberry ride, strawberry inflatables, castle maze, pennies in the hay, kiddie slides and tunnel, face painting, animals, professional kite flyers, chicken dance, and more.
- Skagit Valley Highland Games – Saturday & Sunday, July 13th & 14th, 8am – 4pm; Mt Vernon; A “Scottish 3-ring circus” with a wide range of activities for the young and old alike. One-day passes and weekend passes available. Children 5 and under are free.
- Anacortes Arts Festival – Friday, August 2nd, 10am – 7pm; Saturday, August 3rd, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, August 4th, 10am – 5pm. Filling historic downtown of ten blocks of booth artisans. Live music, fine art exhibition, active kids area, and more.
- Skagit County Fair – August 7th – 10th, 10am-10pm; Mt Vernon. Wednesday and Thursday all day admission will be $7! Friday and Saturday Admission is $10 Adult, $8 Children, and Seniors, $25 Family which is 2 Adults/2 Children, Parking is $5. Children 5 and under are FREE. Magician & hypnotist, animal races, farm animals, car show, live music, carnival, and more.
- Whidbey Island Fair – July 18th – 21st; Langley. The Parade starts in downtown Langley 10am and hits the Midway around 10:20am Saturday during the Fair.
- Coupeville Arts & Crafts Festival – Saturday, August 10th, 10am – 6pm; Sunday, August 11th, 10am – 5pm. Experience some of the finest arts and crafts with vendors from all over the country. In addition to the vendor booths, the festival also features an art gallery and wine reception, a hands-on children’s activity area, food court, and live entertainment.
San Juan County:
- San Juan Island Street Fair and 12th Annual Lavender Festival – Saturday & Sunday, July 20th & 21st, 10am – 5pm; Friday Harbor. Tours and exhibits survey the entire process – from field to finished product. The fields are open for strolling, relaxing and photo ops. The Cutting Field is open for visitors to harvest their own bouquets of certified organic lavender from the many varieties in bloom.
- San Juan County Fair – Wednesday-Saturday, August 14th – 17th; Entertainment schedule, demonstrations, talks, and other scheduled events should be updated soon.
- Art 2 Jazz Street Fair & Jazz Festival – Saturday, July 13th; Blaine; Arts & crafts festival along with free jazz concerts all afternoon.
- Northwest Raspberry Festival – Friday & Saturday, July 19th – 20th. Celebrate the largest harvest of raspberries in North America. Kid-friendly activities, inflatables, face painting, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, raspberry & ice cream sundaes, live music, street vendors at the Berry Fair Street Market, and more!
- Mt Baker Blues Festival – August 2nd – 4th; Bellingham; Only 1,000 tickets available. Bands such as Chris Eger Band, Jack Semple, Michelle Taylor Band, and more!
- Northwest Washington Fair – Friday-Wednesday, August 12th – 17th; Lynden. Food vendors, exhibits, animals, concerts (Mark Chesnutt, Larry the Cable Guy ) and more.
- Birch Bays Discovery Days – September 1st & 2nd; Birch Bay; Fun activities with a grand parade down Birch Bay Drive, arts, and crafts fair, a variety of food vendors, live music, crab boil, fireworks, duck derby, and more.
- Hands On Summer Splash (previously Sand in the City) – June 22nd -August 25th; Olympia; Families can watch expert sand sculptors craft works of art, enjoy dozens of FREE art and STEM learning activities, and visit the award-winning Hands On Children’s Museum for a discounted rate. There will have a Fire and Rescue Spectacular to kick off the event June 22nd! Summer Splash Gala: Friday, Aug. 23rd. This is a party with a purpose just for grown-ups, and the museum will close at 3 p.m. in preparation for the party! Check out the link to see a more detailed schedule.
- South Sound BBQ Festival – Saturday, July 13th; Huntamer Park; Fun for the entire family. Live music and entertainment, vendors, and of course, BBQ. Five different categories of BBQ will be offered: beef brisket, chicken tights, pork baby back ribs, seafood, and others.
- Capitol Lake Fair – Wednesday-Sunday, July 17th – 21st; Olympia. Grand Parade, Arts & Crafts Booths, Car Show, and more.
- HPR Glow Run 5k – Friday, July 26th; Fun family glow run! Day of Race Registration for the 5k is $35 and starts at 9pm, Registration for the kids 10 or younger 1/2 Mile is $15 and starts at 8pm. Save $10 and $5 if you Pre-register online.
- Thurston County Fair – July 31st – August 4th, Lacey; Musical entertainment, home arts demonstrations, 4-H and FFA events, rides for kids, fair food, and more.
- Olympia Harbor Days – Friday, August 30th, 5pm – 8pm; Saturday, August 31st, 10am – 7pm, Sunday, September 1st, 10am – 6pm; Olympia; Percival Landing & Port Plaza.
- Southwest Washington Fair – Tuesday-Sunday, August 13th – 18th; Chehalis. Check their website soon to see the upcoming 2019 Entertainment Lineup at the Southwest Washington Fair!
- Chehalis Garlic Festival & Craft Show – Friday, August 23rd, 12pm – 7pm; Saturday, August 24th, 10am – 7pm; Sunday, August 25th, 10am – 5pm; Chehalis. General admission – $5, Kids 5 and under are free! Garlic themed cuisine, artisan & craft vendors, kids activities, chef demonstrations, live music on two stages, and more.
- Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival – Friday-Sunday, July 26th – 28th, Kingston; Arts & Crafts Vendors, Entertainment, Food & more.
- Kitsap County Fair & Stampede – August 21st – 25th; Bremerton; Xtreme Bulls, Stampede, Carnival, Destruction Derby, and more. Fair admission is free this year, with the exception of the cost of the rodeo, Kitsap destruction derby, and carnival rides.
- Bremerton Blackberry Festival – August 31st – September 2nd; Takes place over Bremerton’s picturesque waterfront. FREE admission. 5Ks, food and craft vendors, children’s activities, and more.
Grays Harbor County:
- Grays Harbor County Fair – August 7th – 11th; Elma; Contests, vendors, live music, and more. Presale of carnival wristbands now for $23 (savings of $5) online or at the fair office. The theme this year is “How Country Feels”, colors being barn red, john deere green, brown and white.
- Mason Area Fair & Rodeo – Monday-Saturday, August 5th – 10th. This year they’ll be having H&H Ranch & Rodeo at the derby track on Monday night. Plus along with a pageant, music, and more.
- Port Townsend Acoustic Blues Festival – July 28th – August 4th; Over thirty of the country’s best acoustic blues musicians participate in this summer concert.
- Sequim Lavender Fair – Friday-Sunday, July 19th – 21st; Sequim; Celebrate the lavender season with great food and live entertainment. This is the largest lavender event in North America. Seven great lavender farms on tour, fantastic street fair, and fun for all ages. FREE admission.
- Clallam County Fair – Thursday-Sunday, August 15th – 18th; Port Angeles. Stay tuned for more information once they update.
- Washington State International Kite Festival – August 19th – 25th; Long Beach; The Washington State International Kite Festival (WSIKF) is a week-long kite celebration and competition held annually during the third week of August.
- Pacific County Fair – Wednesday-Saturday, August 21st – 24th. Kids day is Saturday, August 24th for Children under 12 admission is FREE.