No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe
At Christmas time, it is fun to try a variation of different peppermint treats and this Peppermint Ice Cream is sure to be a hit with the kids as well as adults for any holiday gatherings you will have at your house or just a yummy dessert while watching your favorite Christmas movies. This is a no-churn variety, so it’s fairly simple to make. You can serve in bowls or jazz it up a bit with ice cream cones dipped in chocolate (or chocolate & sprinkles) for even more of a treat!
Peppermint Ice Cream::
Printable Recipe for Peppermint Ice Cream:
Here’s a printable version of the Peppermint Ice Cream recipe for you to print off to put in your recipe binder or notebook.Print
Peppermint Ice Cream Recipe for the Holidays
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1–10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Few drops red food dye
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for 4-10 minutes until frothy peaks form.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a liquid measuring cup and add the flavor extracts. Mix thoroughly, and then slowly add the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream.
- Fold the milk and cream together, being careful not to over mix.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the ice cream mixture to a small bowl and stir in a few drops of red food dye – I went light and achieved a pink color, but you can add more, if desired.
- Stir the crushed candy canes into the large bowl of ice cream and then fold out into a lined loaf pan or cake pan.
- Spoon dollops of the dyed ice cream overtop, and then swirl together using a spoon or butter knife.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (or a lid), and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
More Holiday Recipes to Check Out: