Eggnog Pie Recipe – Quick , Simple & Affordable No Cook Christmas Pie
This is the easiest dessert I know how to make, and it is always a big crowd pleaser. If you are looking for something delicious, simple to make, and affordable (only a few ingredients needed), this one is perfect for you too!
Looking for a last minute dish to take to that Christmas Eve party with you. I have a go to recipe I use each year that is perfect if your in a jam. Its quick, easy, no baking required and there are only a few ingredients which make it affordable to make. Best of all its made with Eggnog, making it perfect for Christmas. It’s a no bake eggnog pie.
Unless they make the pie themselves, those that eat it will never know how easy it was for you! I get requests each year to bring my eggnog pie to multiple get togethers. If people like eggnog, then they usually love this pie. My favorite part is that it does not require any baking on my end, and I can put it together so quickly.
This recipe can be made with a pre-made graham cracker crust, or you can make your own in a prettier dish too. You can also use regular pie crust for this one. The pie filling is sweet, so some prefer that plainer crust to balance out the sweetness, but most people I have asked seem to prefer the graham cracker crust.
Its so simple, add the dry pudding mix to the eggnog, and your spices (Rum extract, and nutmeg)
Then fold in the thawed container of Cool Whip to the pudding and eggnog mix.
Put the filling into the crust and spread around.
Put it in the refrigerator to chill until its firm (approx 1 to 2 hours).
You can sprinkle a little dusting of extra nutmeg on the top to make it extra pretty!
Serve it up! Its making me hungry just looking at the pictures. It is a family favorite at my house.
Printable Recipe for Eggnog Pie:
Make sure to print off this recipe to put in your recipe binder.Print
- Pre-made Graham Cracker Crust (I just picked on up at Fred Meyer for $1.63 or you can make your own if your that ambitious). It can also be made in a regular pie crust, but I prefer the graham cracker crust.
- 1 pack of instant Vanilla pudding, the 6 serving size
- 1/4 tsp. Rum Extract – you can omit this if you do not have it, but it adds nice flavor.
- 1 cup cold Eggnogg
- 1 8 oz Container of Cool Whip
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- In large bowl mix your cold eggnog, pudding, rum extract, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Let stand 5 minutes (it will thicken from the pudding).
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with additional nutmeg, if desired.
- Note – If your short on time, add all of the whip cream to the pudding and eggnog mixture, sprinkle with nutmeg on top and chill for about 1 hour 30 minutes and you are ready to head out to the party. This is the way I usually make it, and how it is pictured above.
More Christmas Recipes to Enjoy: