Easy Broccoli Salad
I love dishes that are a hit no matter what get-together you bring them to – this broccoli salad is that dish that everyone will rave about when you bring it to a party! This is the salad that my aunt brings to every gathering because our family loves it so much! And my good friend Jackie always brings this to get-togethers and there are rarely left-overs because it’s just so popular with most everyone!
I love the combination of flavors together – the sweetness of the dressing and raisins mixed with the raw broccoli, bacon & onions! It’s the perfect blend of flavors for a very fresh-tasting salad. This would be perfect in the summertime if you have an abundance of broccoli in your garden.
Mix together all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl & stir well
Printable Recipe for Broccoli Salad:
Here’s a printable version of the Broccoli Salad recipe for you to print off to put in your recipe binder or notebook.
- 6 cups of broccoli (cut up into bite size pieces)
- 1 sm red onion (diced)
- ½lb of cooked bacon
- 3/4 cup of raisins
- ¾ cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2Tbs of white wine vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Mix all the salad ingredients together in a bowl & stir well.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl & stir well
- Pour dressing over salad and stir.
- Chill the salad for several hours before serving (I'd recommend to refrigerate overnight if time as it gives the sugar time to dissolve completely before serving.)
- Mix well before serving.
More Salad Recipes to Try:
Strawberry Spinach Salad – perfect for spring or summertime