StowThat.com is a company that has recently launched here in the Pacific NW, that we thought some of you Thrifty NW Moms might be interested in learning more about! Plus Thrifty NW Mom readers who list a storage space with StowThat can get a Free $25 Amazon gift card (details below)!
StowThat.com is an online marketplace that connects those who need self-storage with those who have extra space to spare.
StowThat.com is like the “Airbnb of self-storage.” So for those of you who have rented a room for vacation through Airbnb, its a similar concept (Airbnb lets homeowners rent out rooms, or houses to others looking to stay in their area). If you have extra space in your home – a garage, a basement, even a shed – which can be secured, you can rent it out as self-storage via StowThat.
I get asked often about ideas to make some extra income on the side, and this might be a good fit for those of you looking for extra income opportunities. If you have a rental home, extra garage or shed, or secure storage space, you can rent it out for a side income. Renting your space is free, the fee is collected by StowThat when someone rents from you.
Find full details on the listing process, renting process, and what securities they have in place for those process over at StowThat.com.
More highlights on how StowThat.com works:
- Listing on StowThat is free. Not only does StowThat.com not take any of your desired rental fee, they also cover your PayPal fees as well.
- You can make $150, $200, or more each month from your unused space – a great way to make some extra income with almost no effort.
- Owners of space and potential renters communicate through StowThat, and no agreement is made until both parties approve.
- For renters, StowThat offers a local, convenient, safer, and often less expensive solution than public self-storage facilities.
- When you use StowThat, you are working with your neighbors. Both owners and renters create profiles, and each gets to know each other through the process.
- StowThat uses PayPal to ensure secure payments – no need to worry about cash or bounced checks.
- StowThat began from the experiences of Co-Founder Joe Mele and his wife Carmela. They rent out the garages in their rental properties for self-storage.
- They felt that this idea would be a great service to others who could use extra income, or want a different solution than public self-storage facilities.
- StowThat helps our communities be more sustainable – keeping items out of landfills, reducing the need for additional wasteful construction, finding ways for people to make additional income, and keeping money local by doing business with our neighbors.
- You can find out more about StowThat.com on their website, or blog!
**Note – We did have some folks ask about insurance, and how coverage of your items works with StowThat. It will be dependent on the homeowners insurance of the party renting out the space, so that is information that you will want to be sure to discuss in the rental negotiations!
How Thrifty NW Mom Readers can get a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
Details on this offer:
- You will need to sign up for an account and list your storage space with StowThat through this link here
- Offer good through the end of November
- Be sure to read all of the fine print here, for more details on this offer!
Be sure to head over and “like” the StowThat.com Facebook page too, to stay on top of whats going on with them there too!
Disclosure: StowThat.com has sponsored this post. All opinions are 100% mine. See our disclosure policy for more details.