Microsoft FREE Stem Workshops for Girls This Month!
Microsoft stores are celebrating International Womens Month this month, and many locations will offer FREE STEM workshops for girls throughout the month? It used to be that they just offered the Summer camps, but they have expanded their offerings to make these workshops available on weekends throughout the year. You will need to RSVP to these events, and chances are locations will fill up quickly (some are capped at 25), etc.
Here is how they describe them: “workshops designed to help girls of all ages to use creativity to learn the latest technology, STEM skills, and coding basics. Most projects are designed for 8- to 14-year-old students but can easily be completed by younger students with parental support. Some are listed for ages K-12, so there should be something for everyone to get involved in.
Here are the events we currently see offered, find the full list on this page here.
- Barbie® You Can be Anything experience – they are partnering with Barbie to encourage girls to tap into their entrepreneurial spirit.
- If she can, I can – learn how to turn their passion into a business idea.
- Encourage her to code – students 8+ will use block coding to build games in MakeCode Arcade
- Empower her to act – Students ages 8+ will develop leadership skills by researching and identifying a cause they care about in their local community.
- Introduce her to robotics students 8+ explore their creativity through computer programming with the Ohbot robot and Ohbot app for Windows 10.
You can find more about other offerings for STEM learning experiences through Microsoft here too.
Be sure to check out our weekly events list for more opportunities to get the kids out for free or low cost as well!