Freezer Cooking Meal Plans – 20 Freezer to Slow Cooker Meal Plans for $160 from $5 Dinners
This post may contain affiliate links and I may be compensated for this post. Please read our disclosure policy here.
Freezer Cooking Meal Plans for Slow Cooker – 20 Recipes for around $160!
As we get ready for back to school time, I know I am already thinking about ideas of making life easier during school time and meal planning is always at the top of my list. With a regular meal plan, it takes the stress out of deciding what will be for dinner and it’s more frugal as you’re not headed out to the store for last-minute ingredients by buying the ingredients ahead of time for what you will need to make for meals.
To help with meal plan ideas, Erin Chase from $5 Dinners has created a meal plan to help you plan ahead by first creating Freezer Meals which you can then put into the Slow Cooker for those really busy days! These are freezer meal ideas that require little prep so you can fix them, store them in the freezer and make later in the slow cooker.
You can make enough dinners to last a month in less than 2 hours & fill your freezer for around $160 (prices may be slightly higher here in the NW depending on the sales)! You can then thaw the meals in the fridge and throw it in the crockpot to have dinner ready when you get home! Plus there are modifications to make these meals gluten free, dairy free as well as Whole30 & Paleo modifications, too!
All of the recipes are “Freezer to Slow Cooker Recipes” with very minimal prep. Just load up all the bags with the ingredients and freeze them. Then you can take the meal you want, thaw it partially in the fridge overnight or in a bowl of warm water on the counter for 20 minutes and drop all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
Here’s what you’ll find in this plan::
Each pack in this plan is DOUBLED except for the pork chops, so these 11 recipes make 20 packs total! Each pack is portioned to serve a family of 4. Larger families or those with bigger appetites can double or use 2 packs for 1 meal! There are also suggested side dish ideas on the recipes & shopping list
- (2) Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- (2) Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- (2) Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- (1) Slow Cooker Orange Pork Chops
- (1) Slow Cooker Islander Pork Chops
- (2) Slow Cooker (Ground) Beef Stroganoff
- (2) Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
- (2) Slow Cooker Beef & Black Bean Chili
- (2) Slow Cooker Tamale Pie
- (2) Slow Cooker Beef ‘n Broccoli
- (2) Slow Cooker Sweet ‘n Sour Beef
- Warehouse Store Shopping List – 1 shopping list for the warehouse store and what you might need from the grocery store (although most ingredients are pantry staples or spices you already have on hand.) This shopping list comes with both the basic & the complete plan.
- Grocery Store Shopping List – 1 for the grocery store, if you plan to shop for all the ingredients at once from the grocery store. (Included in the complete plan option)
- Grocery Store “by Meat Type” Shopping List – for the grocery store, broken down by type of meat…so that when that meat is on sale, you can buy just what you need for those recipes and assemble those meals. By getting the meat when it’s on sale can cut at least $20-$30 off your total bill for all these ingredients. (included in the complete plan option)
- Warehouse Shopping List
- Recipe List
- Gluten Free Modifications for each of the recipes
- Dairy-free modifications for the 2 recipes that include dairy
- Whole 30 & Paleo modifications for each of the recipes too
Meal Plan Package Options::
- 20 Freezer to Slow Cooker Meals – Basic Meal Plan – $2.49 This includes the printable recipes and printable warehouse shopping list – $2.49
- 20 Freezer to Slow Cooker Meals – Complete Package of Meal Plan – $5 – Includes printable recipes, shopping lists, assembly instructions & video, as well as instructions on how to make it even more budget-friendly with ways to save on the ingredients – $5