If you are looking for a beautiful holiday dessert that is not going to keep you in the kitchen all day, these mini caramel apple pies might be perfect. You can use a refrigerated pie crust, and pre-made apple pie filling so that they will take very little effort to prepare (or you could make it all homemade if you want that special taste)!
I made a batch of these for a dinner party, and they were a hit. I like to have simple recipes when I am entertaining or for the holidays, so I can be available to visit with friends and family, rather then spending the entire day in the kitchen. For this simple dessert you prep, bake and serve. Its that easy!
If you love the idea of mini desserts, you might also like these pies in a jar too.
For these really easy mini caramel apple pies or tarts, we started with pre-made apple pie mix you can generally find in the baking section of your grocery store (with other pie fillings). You could of course make your own, but we were looking for a really simple recipe. You could make your own filling ahead of time the day before too, to save time the day you are entertaining.
We then rolled out our refrigerated pie dough, and cut it in circles to make a crust that would like a cup cake pan. Add each circle to the muffin tin (you can use a cup with the diameter of each muffin section if you dont have a cookie cutter that size).
Add a scoop of the apple pie filling. Fill each crust almost to the top. Bake the pie according to the recipe below.
Throw three mini marshmallows on at the very end, cook until they are browned and gooey.
Once you have removed them from the oven, drizzle with caramel and serve!
Let them cool slightly, and then they should be easy to remove and display!Print
Mini Carmel Apple Pies Tarts
- 1 sheet of Great Value Pie Crust (makes 9 tarts)
- 1 can of apple pie filling (21 oz)
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- Caramel to drizzle with.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut 9 circles to fit in muffin tin. (I used a coffee mug, but you could also use a 3 inch cookie cutter)
- Fit 9 of the circles into muffin tin to form tart crusts
- Fill each pie crust with a table spoon of apple pie filling (or to top of crust)
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until pie crust is slightly brown
- Add around 4-5 mini marshmallows to the top of each muffin and return to over for approx. 3 more minutes (or until marshmallows turn golden in color)
- Remove from oven, and drizzle each tart with caramel sauce (works best if you warm it for 30 seconds in the microwave)
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes, and you will be able to carefully remove tarts from the muffin tin and to a serving plate
- Serve with whip cream!