Chicken and Biscuits Recipe – Easy Comfort Food!
I love this chicken and biscuits recipe, as its easy to make (especially if you use rotisserie chicken), and it is so flavorful! Growing up my grandma made a more traditional chicken and biscuit recipe where she used bone in chicken and it was really just the chicken, gravy and biscuits. While I loved that recipe growing up, this one adds a ton more flavor, and some less traditional ingredients, but it is delicious!
Chicken and Biscuits Recipe:
Brown bacon pieces in a dutch oven, or stock pot, until its the consistency of ham (cooked, but not crispy).
Add potatoes, chicken and potatoes and heat through, approx. 5 minutes.
Add the chicken broth to the mixture, and add the bacon back in.
Add can of cream of corn to mixture.
Season with salt and pepper and simmer until potatoes are tender (approx. 20 minutes)
Serve it up with a biscuit or two in each bowl, once they are steamed through (note – they wont brown like when you cook in the oven, but they should steam cook).Print
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 3 lrg potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced (I prefer yellow)
- The chicken from one rotisserie style chicken (deboned and chopped into bite size pieces)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of corn (can use whole kernel corn too)
- 2 cups whipping cream (can use half and half too)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-made bisquits
- Brown bacon pieces in a dutch oven, or stock pot, until its the consistency of ham (cooked, but not crispy).
- Remove bacon bits, and cook the onions in the bacon grease. approx 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken and potatoes and heat through, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the mixture, and add the bacon back in.
- Add can of cream of corn.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer until potatoes are tender (approx. 20 minutes)
- Add the whipping cream (or half and half) and bring to a boil, then turn to low and let is simmer for another 15 minutes (or until about 10 minutes prior to being ready to serve).
- Add the biscuits on top, and cover. They will cook from the steam of the mix, so they will not brown, Do not stir while they are cooking (approx, 15 minutes)