Pin this on your Winter Fun Ideas board
If you’re looking for a last-minute gift to give your neighbors or friends for Christmas, here’s a fun idea – Snowman in a Bag Kits! This is a snowman accessories kit you can give as a fun, thrifty gift for Christmas or when we get our next snow.
Items you’ll need:
- A scarf – You could use fleece and cut and glue or sew together. Or just find an inexpensive scarf at the Dollar Tree – I found a few different colors in scarves
- Hat – also an easy one to find at the Dollars store. I found Santa hats for $1 since we are using them for Christmas gifts.
- 7 medium sized stones about 2-3 inches in size – Have your kids paint them black (my boys LOVED this)
- Large black buttons – I got mine at Walmart in a large pack for $2
- Carrots: You can get fake carrots at Michaels – a 3 pack for $4 (even cheaper if you use a Michael’s coupon). Or you could get a carrot with roots still attached (the roots seem to help extend their life) about a day or so before you deliver your Snowman Kit.
How to put together your Snowman in a Bag Kit:
I sewed a little snowman draw string bag, but you could make something similar with a white paper gift bag. For sewing the bag, I used an old white sheet and used Wonder Under (available at Walmart or fabric store) to applique the “carrot and coal” on. I then sewed on buttons for the eyes. Making the bag took a little more time than I would probably do if I were trying to mass produce them-but I think it will make a fun and unique gift for my niece and nephews so it was worth the extra effort.
No-Sew Option for Snowman Bag
You could use a white or brown paper gift sack and draw or paint a snowman face, if you don’t sew and it would turn out super cute, too!
“Snowman in a Bag” Tag:
You can then make a cute little tag explaining that this is a Snowman in a Bag Kit.
Here’s what the tag could say:
Snowman Kit: Just add snow! Includes a hat, scarf, button eyes, coal mouth, and carrot
You could also include the ingredients for Snowman Soup inside your kit.
Recipe for Snowman Soup:
- 1 packet of hot chocolate
- 1 mini candy cane
- 2 Tbsp of mini marshmallows
Snowman Soup Poem:
I was told you’ve been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.
So here’s a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!
Find more fun last-minute homemade gift ideas here:
- Candy Sleighs
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Mason Jar Pies
- Cheesecake in a Jar
- Candied Popcorn
- Little Bread Bags
By contributor Sarah