Amazon Student Prime – Free 6 Month Amazon Student Prime Trial Membership for College Students
***Update, students can now get $15 off a $40 purchase, when they sign up for a FREE Amazon Student Prime Trial Membership. Simply sign up for the trial, and then once you are signed up you can log into your account and use promo code PRIMESTUDENT to save $15 off a $40+ purchase! Details on how Amazon Student Trials work are below. Offer good through 4/16.
Do you have a student heading off to college? Then you may be new to hearing about this Amazon Student discount! Amazon Prime for Students is a program where Amazon offers Amazon Prime for college students at big discounts! College students can get a FREE 6 month Amazon Student Prime Trial Membership. Then if you decide you like it, it will upgrade you after 6 mos to Amazon Prime membership for 1/2 off the regular price of $99/yr.
Not only is a free 6 month trial, and then half off after that a super great deal, they also periodically offer special promotions just for Amazon Student Shopping! You’ll also be eligible for sweepstakes, giveaways, and contests.
PLUS, if you refer a friend right now you can earn a $10 Amazon Credit for each friend that joins. Refer 5 of your friends for the FREE trial and earn $50 to spend on Amazon. This is a great way for college students to get a little extra spending money on Amazon.
Here’s what is included in an Amazon Student Prime Membership:
- FREE 2 day shipping for 6 months
- Access to the free videos and TV shows, plus free book rentals and free streaming music!
- Refer Friends and Make $10 per friend!
- Deals and promotions exclusively for Students on special Amazon Student Shopping days!
- Free Unlimited Photo Storage with Prime Photos
- Get Half Off Amazon Prime Membership after the 6 month membership has ended
- Prime Music will be available after you upgrade your Student Membership at 50% off Prime.
All you need to do is head on over to Amazon & sign up with your school & major. You’ll need to have a “.edu” email address, so they can verify your account. But, you can use your main Amazon account for all of your transactions – it doesn’t need to be thru your “.edu” address.
If you’re not a college student, you can sign up for a free 30 day trial membership of Amazon Prime too!