Just a reminder that today is the last chance to enter to win the giveaway. It will close at 9pm tonight.
My morning latte makes breakfast better (sometimes it is breakfast!). I love to start my morning with both a latte, and a good read. To me this is a nice quiet way to ease into what I know will most likely be a busy day. I cherish this quiet time in the early morning hours with just my favorite latte, and my favorite blogs.
Although, I usually am checking out deal blogs, from time to time I like to wander away from the deal hunt and just read. Here are some that I love to start the day with:
(If you are a Pinterest user, you can find my board with all of these recommended reads on Pinterest too!)
- The Pioneer Woman – She has a large, fairly well known site, but I love her down home recipes (and so does my husband)! She is my go to spot to figure out a new recipe to try.
- One Hundred Dollars A Month – If you have not checked Mavis and her wacky antics out yet, she is tons of fun. She is growing a huge garden in your suburban back yard, she barters (in fact I got to meet her in person last week, and she bartered one of my McDonalds coupon booklets for a footlong ham sandwich. How cool is that!). She also feeds her family scraps from the farm. Check her out if you are interested in gardening tips!
- Replayground – Love this one! I am a junk junkie, and love all things reused, repurposed, upcycled or whatever else you want to call it!
- Make and Takes – Great craft tips. She inspired me to make No Sew pillow covers and a table runner!
- Better After – Almost all of my furniture is a hand me down or thrift store find, so I love this site for inspiration on how to continue to spruce it up.
- KristinPotPie – Kristin is local to the Seattle area, and showcases practical and comforting recipes, as well as other eating in Seattle tips (plus she provides info on DIY projects I can do – we used the burlap table runners for our wedding, so loved seeing those on her site too!).
- Women of Vision – This is a women run chapter of World Vision. I wrote for this blog for a very short time, but have loved to follow it since and stay updated on global womens issues. Warning though – although inspiring , it can make for hard to read stuff too.
- You can also find latte tips and breakfast recipes at The Breakfast Project: www.facebook.com/
Those are just some that I like to peruse through with a good latte. What are some of your best recommendations, and why?
Giveaway – Latte @ Home Care Package
Win a Latte Love Mug (like the tall one shown at top of page), and a coupon for a FREE Gallon of Milk!
This giveaway will end on 10/17 at 9pm pst.
The winners will be drawn using “And the Winner Is” plugin and announced on the blog. I will also email the winners. The winners will have 48 hours to contact me, otherwise a new winner will be drawn. US residents only & you must be 18 yrs or older to enter the giveaway. This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook in any way.
Here’s how to enter this giveaway::
1st Entry (required entry): Comment below and answer “A Latte + (fill in the blank with your favorite blog, or way to start your morning) Makes My Breakfast Better!
Extra Entries : (make sure these are all separate comments, with a comment for each entry)
2) Subscribe to the Thrifty NW Mom feed via email (must be verified)
3) Leave a comment here saying you “follow” @MilkMustache on Twitter
4) Tweet about the giveaway, tagging @MilkMustache and #LatteLove.
Disclosure: This post and giveaway were sponosored as part of the TheBreakfastProject.com. They will be giving the Latte prize to a Thrifty NW Mom winner randomly chosen. All opinions are 100% mine. See our disclosure policy for more details.