National Public Gardens Day – FREE Admission!
National Public Gardens Day is May 12th, 2017, this year and public gardens across the country will be offering free admission. It’s running a little different this year, then previous years. You can head here to search on your area and find participating gardens. Some of them will require you to download a coupon for free entrance, so just read all the details on the garden you are interested in. Looks like there are more gardens participating this year, then we have seen in the past (Chulily is on the list this year!!!) so it is a fun free event!
There are a number of participants this year. However, we did not find any participating gardens in Oregon unfortunately.
Here are the WA Gardens participating::
- Chihuly Garden and Glass, Seattle (new this year!)
- Bloedel Reserve, Bainbridge Is
- Kruckeberg Botanic Garden, Shoreline
- Powellswood Garden, Federal Way
- Rhododendron Species Botanical Garden, Federal Way
- Streissguth Garden, Seattle
- University of Washington Botanic Gardens
- Bellevue Botanical Garden, Bellevue
- Metro Parks Tacoma / W.W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory, Tacoma
Heronswood Garden, Kingston
- Chase Garden, Orting
- Cottage Lake Gardens, Woodenville
- Elisabeth C. Miller Botanical Garden, Seattle
- Highline Sea Tac Botanical Garden, Sea Tac
- Meerkerk Rhododendron Gardens, Greenbank
Find a participating public garden in your area!