If you do any gift buying online you will want to check out this new site, Ziftit. Ziftit was designed to make the shopping process enjoyable and easy while eliminating the guesswork out of gift giving.
My husbands birthday is a week after Fathers Day, and I have three kids who have different ideas on what to get dad. Between the two special days for dad, and three kids, and all of their ideas – getting him gifts this time of the year can become a bit of a chore. Ziftit helped make the process fun for me again! I simply downloaded the Ziftit tool bar to my browser, and the kids were able to search out all of the ideas they had to get dad for Fathers Day and his birthday.
Using the Ziftit Toolbar
Here is how it worked for us:
- I created a Ziftit account and downloaded their browser tool bar.
- I then created an Event for my husbands birthday and a Zift List.
- The kids where then able to browse around the internet and whenever they found something they thought they might want to get dad they added it to the Zift List.
- We were then able to go in a few days later and decide what we wanted to purchase for him, and simply clicked through the link to the company website to make the purchase.
I loved it so much I created a “Just Because” Zift List for myself where I can save things that I hope to purchase in one spot, and then when I have the funds I can easily go back in and look at my wishlist and click through to make the purchase!
I will definitely be using Ziftlist for my Christmas shopping this year. I think it will help quite a bit in organizing the ideas I have for everyone in the family, and then deciding what to purchase (and share with Grandma and Grandpa too)!
Other highlights from Ziftit:
- Members can share their Zift (Gift) List of desired items with their loved ones through Facebook, Twitter, and email
- Ziftit has a feature of creating events and linking gifts to them
- It gives users the ability to send invitations to friends and families with a list of desired gifts attached
- You can create a years worth of events, so you can shop early too.
- Ziftit helps you get what you want and also helps others get what they need
- This past Christmas, Ziftit provided 1,000 gifts to children and families displaced by Hurricane Sandy
- Ziftit is now reaching out to residence of Moore, OK – anyone (members and non-members) can visit Ziftit and purchase gifts for families affected by the tornado
- Friends and family can fund part of a gift or all of it (so they could contribute a partial amount, like $50 to something you selected.
I was thinking Ziftit could be a pretty cool wedding registry option too. You could create your registry from all of your favorite stores around the internet (or a vacation idea), and folks could purchase those items or just gift you a certain amount towards your purchases!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.