We are having fun with our Christmas Advent Activities as we celebrate the 25 Days of Christmas with our kids and according to them, their favorite activity so far is decorating (and eating) Christmas cones! This is such a fun activity regardless of the age of your child and super simple as most of these items you probably already have on hand from Christmas treats! It would make for a fun Christmas Eve treat before bedtime as well!
- Sugar Cones
- Frosting (packaged or homemade)
- Green food coloring for frosting (or use natural food coloring to make frosting green)
- Favorite candies to decorate the tree – we used m&ms, gum drops, & sprinkles but you could use anything & everything you want to make it creative
- Pull-apart licorice (if you want to use as garland on your tree). We originally bought regular licorice as you can see on our tray, but realized we didn’t have enough cones, so my hubby went out & got the pull-apart licorice which worked much better
This is a simple treat where you just set out all the candies & frosting and let kids decorate their own Christmas Tree Cones! I gave our girls plastic knives & they had fun putting the frosting on first & then adding whatever candies & licorice they wanted on their tree. After they were done, they had fun devouring their Christmas tree cones!
For more information about the 25 Days of Christmas & Christmas Advent activities, check out these posts::
- 25 Days of Christmas – How it works & Ideas for Advent Calendars (can do this for 12 Days, 5 Days, you name it) – intentional activities to spend time together as a family during Advent Season
- 25 Days of Christmas – BIG list of Christmas Advent Activities to do with your family
- Read a Christmas Book each night & wrap it up to countdown to Christmas + a list of our 40 favorite Christmas books
- Free Printable Letter to Santa
Let us know if you try this & if you have any other variations to add to it! We’d love to see your pictures, too!