- One Whole Chicken
- Kosher Course Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Rosemary or Thyme (1 Tablespoon Minced)
- 1 Cube of Real Butter
- Onion (optional)
- Put your whole chicken in the slow cooker (be sure to clean out the cavity as there may be the liver etc. in there depending on what Chicken you purchased)
- Salt and Pepper generously (I probably use a tablespoon of salt and half a tablespoon of pepper, but you can cut that back to taste)
- Mince up your herbs (use what you have in the garden or what is on sale). If you do not have fresh herbs, rub dried herbs in the palm of your hand to release oils for better flavor then sprinkle over chicken)
- I like to cut an onion into fourths and toss it in the slow cooker with the chicken for added flavor (you can even cut up potatoes and carrots and toss in for a one pot meal)
- Cook on all day cycle
- If you want that crisp, golden skin of the chicken pictured above you will need to finish your Roasted Chicken off in the oven
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Melt a cube of butter in the microwave
- Move your slow cooked chicken from the Slow Cooker to an oven safe dish (I use my cast iron pan)
- Drizzle half the cube of melted butter over the chicken (you can also use the juices of the chicken if you prefer.
- Roast uncovered in the oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the last half of the butter (or more juices from the chicken)
- Roast until golden brown (approx. 5 minutes more).
- Remove from the oven and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving