- 1 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup of conversation hearts (depending on the size of your ornament)
- Plastic, Clear, Fillable Ornaments (these need to be the ornaments that open in the middle to fill items – here are some you can find on Amazon if you don’t have any of these in your Christmas decorations)
- Mason Jar (8 or 10 oz size jar)
- Ribbon for top of jar (optional)
Fill the jar with hot cocoa mix
Next add chocolate chips, layering on top of the cocoa mix.
Lastly, add marshmallows to the jar.
Then, take the ring of the mason jar & add hot glue all around the ring.
Press half of the plastic ornament onto the ring. Let it set to cool & harden.
Gently fill with conversation hearts and place the lid onto the ring at an angle. Screw the lid onto the jar.
If you’d like, use a hot glue gun to add a pretty ribbon around the top of the jar. For a Valentine theme, add a Valentine-themed ribbon. If you are doing this for a Christmas or winter theme, use an appropriate themed ribbon.