- Chicken cutlets or tenderloins (half a bag or around 8-9 cutlets)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar salsa
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
- White rice (4 – 5 servings)
- Cilantro (optional for topping)
- Sour Cream (optional for topping)
- Layer the bottom of the slow cooker with the chicken
- Dump the cream of chicken soup, jar of salsa, drained can of corn and drained can of black beans on top.
- You can cook this dish on any cycle you want on your slow cooker (I did 4 hours the other night). Just make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- About 40 minutes into the slow cooker cycle, I stir all the ingredients together, and make sure the chicken is all submerged in the sauce.
- Once the slow cooker cycle is through, cook up your rice.
- You can serve directly from crockpot over the rice, and garnish with the cheese, cilantro and sour cream.
- (my preferred method) transfer the chicken and sauce to baking dish and top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Put under the broiler and melt the cheese, until its slightly browned.
- Remove from broiler and serve over rice.
- Top with cilantro and sour cream as desired