- 6 potatoes (or 1 potato for every person you are feeding)
- 1 package Baked Potato Topping
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbls butter
- 1/4 cup of sour cream + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup half and half (can use milk)
- 4 slices of cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Green onions or chives for garnish
- Start by baking your potatoes at 400 degrees until they are almost tender (approx. 30 minutes). You want them to be like baked potatoes, but firm enough to cut in half and hold their shape.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool enough to handle them.
- Cut each potato in half, and remove the inside of each half of potato into a bowl. Leave enough potato around the skin, so that it can hold its shape (about 1/4 an inch). It will look like a mini potato bowl.
- Put the potato skins on a baking tray (you will be filling them there).
- Once you have all the insides of your potato skins in a bowl add the package of baked potato topping, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, butter, sour cream and half and half.
- Mix that all together well (use a potato masher if necessary to get a smooth consistency).
- Scoop the potato mixture back into the potato skin shells, so that the mixture goes to the top of each skin (pat it down if necessary).
- Use the remaining 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese to top each of the potato skins off.
- Top with bacon crumbles.
- Put potato skins back into the 400 degree oven and cook until warmed through and cheese is melted (approx. 15 minutes).
- Remove from oven, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and diced chives or green onions