- 1 Package of Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 lb of shredded chicken or shredded pork (cooked)
- 1 head of cabbage (finely shredded), You could use a pre-made slaw mix instead of cabbage and carrots to save time, but I prefer to shred my own.
- 2 carrots (cut julienne style)
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 1/2 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet Sherry Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Oil for frying
- Start by cooking your meat (I will often use leftover chicken or pork from dinner the night before, and just shred it up for egg rolls!), then mix in onion, carrots and garlic, and saute briefly.
- Add soy sauce and sherry with salt and pepper. Continue to saute just until onions are tender. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- The last step for making the mixture is to cabbage and allow it to cook down (it will reduce in size significantly). Continue to saute until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat up oil, or get your deep fryer ready to go.
- Fill each egg roll wrapper with approximately 1/4 cup of filling and roll up according to package directions. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with Sweet Chili Sauce or your favorite Egg Roll dipping Sauce!