These easy Buttermilk Waffles are freezer friendly! Make a double batch of waffles & flash freeze the extras for a quick meal on busy school mornings!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Grease waffle iron with a small amount of melted butter, and heat.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Pour into dry mixture, and combine.
- Add melted butter (may get clumpy-that is ok, just mix)
- Ladle about 1/3 cup batter onto each section of the waffle grid; spread batter almost to the edges. Close lid, and bake 3 to 5 minutes, until no steam emerges from waffle iron.
- Transfer cooked waffles to a baking sheet; place in an oven set to low heat, about 200 degrees, while using remaining batter.