Delicious and Healthy Chicken Gyro recipe.
- Greek Pita Bread
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tblsp. Mediterranean Seasoning (I like Johnnys)
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 Cucumber (half diced, half reserved for tzaziki sauce)
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- Butter (to brown pitas)
- [bTzatziki Sauce:
- Greek Yogurt (plain)
- Half Cucumber, shredded
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken up into bite size cubes and add to a baking dish
- Toss with the Olive Oil and Mediterranean Seasoning until well coated
- Bake chicken at 350 until cooked through (approx. 20 minutes)
- Prepare your tzatziki sauce by mixing the Greek Yogurt with the shredded cucumber, diced garlic clove and juice from one lemon. Add salt to taste (or skip it)
- Once you have your chicken cooked, tzatziki sauce prepared, and veggies diced and shredded, the get ready to cook the pitas. Spread butter on each side of the pita, and warm in a pan on medium low heat until golden brown on each side.
To assemble your pitas, lay out the pitta with the bottom side up.
Add a layer of chicken down the middle
Add a layer of tzatziki sauce over that
Add a layer of cucumbers
Add a layer of tomatoes
Add a layer of onions
Pile on the Lettuce
Add a handful of Feta Cheese to the top
Fold over and enjoy!