- 2 (10.75 oz) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup (cream of mushroom for vegetarian – we actually do 1 can of each for both flavors)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion flakes
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 lb package of frozen shredded, hash brown potatoes (thawed) & 1 lb pkg of frozen O’Brien Potatoes w/onions & peppers, thawed (you can skip this too or add fresh, we just like where it’s already included in the pkg) –
- 4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the two packages of hash browns so they are well mixed & set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream, butter, dried onion flakes & pepper. Stir in the hash browns mixture and 1/2 the cheese.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Top with crushed Ritz crackers and drizzle melted butter over the top of the crackers.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven or until cheese is melted & bubbly.