3 Cheese Bacon Mac N Cheese Recipe The Ultimate in comfort food, this 3 cheese bacon mac-n-cheese will become a family favorite immediately.
- 1 box of Kroger Elbow Noodles
- 1 package of Kroger Bacon (use six slices)
- 1 cup of Kroger Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup of Kroger Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Kroger Gouda Cheese (or 4 slices)
- 1/4 cup of Kroger Butter
- 2 cups of Kroger Half N Half (or you can substitute milk)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional – 1/2 cup of diced onion
- Extra shredded cheese for top of dish
- Slice up the bacon into bacon bit sizes, and fry up (until they are ham consistency, not crispy). I find it easier to get this chewier consistency if you cook it on medium to medium low heat (render it).
- Remove the bacon bits, once bacon is cooked, and transfer to paper towel.
- Dice up the onion if you are using onion, and cook in the bacon grease until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a sauce pan add the butter, cream and cheeses. Cook over low heat until they are melted together, stirring regularly.
- Boil the noodles until al dente and drain.
- In a baking dish, add the drained noodles, cheese sauce, bacon (reserve 1/4 of bacon for top) and onions. Also add 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease for added bacon flavor.
- Carefully mix all the ingredients together.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top of the Mac n Cheese in the casserole dish, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until browned on top.