This Pumpkin Surprise Dessert is the perfect fall dessert to bring to a party. It’s so easy to make and a kid friendly dessert for them to make with you. We love it for fall gatherings or for Thanksgiving.
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 large can of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 box yellow cake mix (no pudding)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 sticks of butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees
- Mix first 5 ingredients in order – eggs, then add pumpkin, then sugar, cinnamon & cloves
- Pour into greased and floured 9″x13″ pan
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix on top
- Sprinkle nuts over cake mix.
- Dribble melted butter over top
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for approximately 60 minutes (will vary with oven time) – may need longer depending on your oven (mine typically needs at least 5 minutes longer). You will know it’s done when you insert a knife or toothpick & it comes out clean.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!