- Tea Bags – 6-8 bags per gallon (the flavor is up to you – we used a generic brand of Black Tea)
- Glass Jug/container (pitcher, beverage dispenser, etc) – Use glass not plastic
- Flavoring for your tea – sugar/honey/agave syrup (for sweet tea), lemon/orange/lime for citrus flavor, mint, & more
- Fill a 1 gallon size glass container with cold water.
- Add 6 – 8 tea bags to the 1 gallon container and hang the tags over the edge so they don’t fall in.
- Place the container in the direct sun for 3-5 hours. (time may vary depending on the heat of the day)
- When it’s a golden amber color (and you’ve taste tested to make sure you like the flavor), take it out of the sun and take out the tea bags out of the container/beverage dispenser.
- Place it in the fridge to chill or pour it over ice right away.
- Serve with a sprig of mint or lemon or orange for a fresh, citrusy flavor in your tea.