Cake Ingredients – 1 package Spice Cake Mix (and ingredients required on the box to make your cake) 2/3 cup of sugar 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) 1/3 cup sour cream Frosting Ingredients – 1 package cream cheese 1/2 cube butter (I like real butter in this recipe!) 1 cup Powder sugar Rum extract Roasted Almonds (Optional)
- Cake Ingredients –
- 1 package Spice Cake Mix (and ingredients required on the box to make your cake)
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Frosting Ingredients –
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/2 cube butter (I like real butter in this recipe!)
- 1 cup Powder sugar
- Rum extract
- Roasted Almonds (Optional)
- Take out your cream cheese and butter to soften.
- Use a packaged Spice cake, and mix together per instructions on the box.
- Add the sugar, pumpkin and sour cream
- Bake as instructed. Let cool.
- Mix until creamy and all ingredients are well blended.
- (note – its important that you use soft butter and cream cheese, or you may end up with lumpy frosting)
- Frost cake with Rum flavored Cream Cheese frosting and refrigerate until ready to serve!
- If you want to add a crunch to your cake, top with roasted almonds or pecans(optional).