- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 pkg of regular Marshmallows (10 oz, about 40) or 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- Candy Melts (you can also substitute candy bark, melted chocolate chips – basically any candy or chocolate coating you can melt)
- Lollipop sticks or paper straws
- Make Rice Krispies treats according to the directions.
- Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in Rice Krispies cereal slowly.
- Stir until well coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Spread into a 13x9x2 inch pan coated with cooking spray or place on a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Cool. Cut into rectangles.
- Pour the desired amount of candy melts (or other melting chocolate) into a bowl. Put it into the microwave & cook at 50% power for 1 minute at a time until the chocolate is melted & easy to stir.
- Once your candy coating/chocolate is ready to stir, you can start dipping or applying to the rice krispies treats.
- You can either dip the rice krispies treat right into the bowl to coat it with the candy coating. Or I find it easier to just use a knife or spreader to put it on more evenly.
- Add your sprinkles once you have coated the top part of the Rice Krispies treat.
- Stick a lollipop stick or straw into it to turn it into a pop! So simple & easy!