- 3 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped roasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (325 for mini loaf pans) and heavily grease your loaf pans.
- Combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the water, vanilla, oil, and pumpkin puree.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add the roasted pecans.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour (40 minutes or until firm for the mini loaf pans).
- Place the pans on a rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and let cool on a rack until at room temperature.
- Bread seasons best if chilled overnight and then served at room temperature the next day.