- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 small apple, grated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except the oats. Fold in oats and combine well.
- Transfer mixture into the buttered baking dish and spread evenly around.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic directly on top of the oat mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375°F. Unwrap oatmeal and place in oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until oatmeal is set and browned on top.
- Serve hot with more milk or cream