- Boxed cake mix
- Lemon Frosting (can substitute any flavor of white icing if you prefer)
- 1 sm bag Flaked Coconut
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Gummie Candies
- We used mini cupcake tins for our little chicks, but the recipe will also work with full size cupcakes.
- Prepare the cake mix as instructed on the box.
- Bake up your mini cupcakes as instructed per box.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- While cupcakes are cooling add approx. 5 drops of yellow food coloring to your coconut flakes, and mix in a bowl (you can add more or less depending on your color saturation preference).
- Once cupcakes are cooled frost them, and then immediately roll the frosted part of the cupcake in the yellow coconut flakes.
- Add two mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Cut strips from your gummie candies to insert as a beak.