1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of hot chocolate mix
1 cup of mini marshmallows
½ of caramel chips (I used toffee chips)
- Melt the chocolate chips, first the milk chocolate and then the white chocolate in the microwave or on a double broiler and using a spoon or small spatula scoop a small amount into the silicone molds.
- Place a scoop of milk chocolate and then white chocolate on either side of the sphere, mix the chocolate slightly and then drag the chocolate up the sides and place in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove and fill in any spots you missed. Place back into the freezer to set for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer. Even out the half circle on a warm pan so that the tops are not ragged. Do this carefully so you don’t melt the whole sphere.
- In one side of the sphere, place in two tbsp of hot chocolate mix top with mini marshmallows. Place about a tbsp of caramel chips on top. You can “overfill” the sphere a bit since the top of the sphere will close the ball.
- Warm the other half of the sphere so that the edges are a bit melty and place it immediately onto the other half of the sphere. Press gently and place back into the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- When you are ready to serve place the ball in a mug and pour hot milk on top and watch the marshmallows pop out! Stir and enjoy. Mix well to combine all the caramel chips and chocolate together. This hot chocolate is a bit thicker and is delicious.