- Recipe for Fried Chicken (or use Tyson Popcorn Chicken – Any’tizer Snacks in place of these instructions)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Recipe for the Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can of pineapple slices or pineapple chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- To make the Sweet & Sour sauce:
- Add sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a large bowl and mix together with a whisk. Heat this up to boiling & then turn the temperature to medium. Add pineapple slices and simmer on the stove for 10 minute, stirring frequently.
- To Fry the Chicken::
- In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- (You can skip this step if you use Tyson Popcorn Chicken. If using the frozen chicken, place on a baking sheet & place in oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until crispy.)
- Add chicken to sauce simmering on the stove and stir it all together.
- Serve with rice.